Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[HOW TO] Install mods on iOS devices (NO Jailbreak)

1789101113»

Comments

• Luke93Luke93 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,384
    edited May 7
    argent77 wrote: »
    Zip creation has not changed in the last couple of releases. I have removed the centralfix pass, however. You could manually run it on the created zip archive and see if it changes anything.

So, I restored this piece of code
    ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS ~%dlcOutFile%~) BEGIN
    	LAF GET_TOOL_BINARY STR_VAR tool_name = ~centralfix~ RET tool_binary END
    	ACTION_IF (NOT ~%tool_binary%~ STRING_EQUAL ~~) BEGIN
    		LAF EXECUTE_TOOL STR_VAR tool_binary = EVAL ~%tool_binary%~ arg_0 = EVAL ~%dlcOutFile%~ END
    	END
    END

in "dlc.tph" (along with "DlcBuilder/tools/centralfix/centralfix.go" and "DlcBuilder/tools/centralfix/osx/centralfix"). Is that correct?

Everything installed fine, but I noticed this message: "/bin/sh: DlcBuilder/tools/centralfix/osx/centralfix: Bad CPU type in executable". Could it be due to this? Or is it because it's 32-bit? If that's the case, then I need a 64-bit app, macOS Catalina cannot run 32-bit apps...

Post edited by Luke93 on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,924
    edited May 7
    "Bad CPU type in executable" indicates that the binary is not supported by your OS. It's likely that the centralfix binary for macOS was a legacy 32-bit binary. I don't know if there is a 64-bit binary available somewhere. However, a link to the sources is available in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/633184/#Comment_633184

Build instructions are also posted in that thread.

argent77 wrote: »
    "Bad CPU type in executable" indicates that the binary is not supported by your OS. It's likely that the centralfix binary for macOS was a legacy 32-bit binary. I don't know if there is a 64-bit binary available somewhere. However, a link to the sources is available in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/633184/#Comment_633184

Build instructions are also posted in that thread.

Done
    Everything is Ok
    Fixing central directory on: workshop/test-dlc.mod
    Local headers match central directory

However, mod files are still not recognized by the game...
    How does "7-Zip" create the archive? Is it possible to set "STORE compressions(aka: no compression)"?

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,924
    DLC Builder already creates zip archives in no-compression mode.

This is the full command line:
    7za a -r -tzip -mx=0 -mtc=off -- %dlcname% %input_files%

If you want to fiddle around with the compression options, you can find the relevant code in DlcBuilder/lib/dlc.tph around line 561.

@argent77

Oh, wait, I'm missing the following fact: the extension "bg1data" extracts to "home:/", so the right option should be #4 – Install DLC as *.zip in the game's documents folder...?

Luke93 wrote: »
    @argent77

Oh, wait, I'm missing the following fact: the extension "bg1data" extracts to "home:/", so the right option should be #4 – Install DLC as *.zip in the game's documents folder...?

Sadly, still nothing :( ... I mean, why are "override.bg1data", "lang.bg1data" and the like recognized by the game and this one is not...?

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 854
    I haven't touched my IWD iOS for a long time since well as far as I can remember, it was because the data to to install mods in IWD iOS cannot be recognized. It's been so long since then, how are things going along? Has this been fixed?

Illustair wrote: »
    Has this been fixed?

Not yet.
    It's hopefully fixed in the upcoming 2.6 update...

Illustair
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 854
    Still????? Sigh... But thanks for the info. So I'll hold off my IWD run...again. I really hope that they'll have it fixed already. How long has it been? I can't imagine it being that difficult to fix.