Just want to share the success I had today, and the method with which I achieved it. Now that my mod is in a semi stable state (fingers crossed!) I decided to play. I've taken a bunch of mods from around here, and I want to show that they all work great together. Here's my modlist (in order of installation):
1) Minor NPC Portraits for IWD 2) Icewind Dale NPCs (joinable, with personalities, like BG2 NPCs) 3) More Style for Mages (wizards' staffs, circlets, better robes, etc.) 4) Item Revisions v4 (install the first component here, and the rest as #12 after House Rules) 5) Faerunian Monastic Orders (monk revisions, items, and kits) 6) Frosty Journey IWDEE Kitpack (many great new kits for almost every class) 7) Divine Remix (new spells and new kits for clerics, rangers and druids) 8) Song and Silence (items, kits and tweaks for bards and thieves) 9) Tome and Blood (kits and tweaks for mages and sorcerers) 10) Rogue Rebalancing (tweaks for bards and thieves) 11) House Rules for IWDEE (item and game tweaks specifically for this game) 13) BG2Tweaks (many many item, cosmetic and game tweaks) 14) Scales of Balance (my own mod, many game tweaks and many new kits) 15) aTweaks (more great game tweaks and convenience tweaks)
First, I got all these working together on my computer, a Macbook running OS X (10.8). Then today, I got them installed on my iPad. I'll describe the method below. Note, this method is specific to OS X... Windows users can probably adapt it and do something similar, I just can't tell you how. Note also, my iPad is jailbroken; that's necessary for these mods. That is very unfortunate, and at the end of the post I'll discuss this a bit more. Just know that I'm running iOS 8.1, with the Pangu jailbreak. I'll leave you to decide for yourself whether you want to, and to google methods for doing so.
Before I get into the method, here's a few screenshots. They are of the character generation screens, showing some of the many new kits since that's a nice and visible demonstration of the mod content:
1) Enable SSH. This is very easy, there is an instruction guide on the main page in Cydia. Once ssh was installed, I logged in from Terminal on my Macbook and immediately changed the root password for the iPad, to a new password that is really, really good.
2) Install FUSE and SSHFS. Then I installed FUSE for OS X on my Macbook, as well as the SSHFS filesystem (Google them, they are free and open-source and available together). I created a folder named "mount" in my Documents folder (but this can be any name, and in any location, it just has to match the command below). I restarted, opened Terminal again and entered this command:
The xx.xx.xx.xx is my iPad's local IP address, I found it by going to Settings-->Wifi-->IP Address on the iPad. Terminal asked for the iPad's password (the new one I just made for it) and once I entered it a new drive appeared on my desktop.
3) Copy the game from iPad to computer. Inside that new drive image are dozens of folders with crazy long strings of alphanumeric characters. These are the "UUIDs" for all of the apps in my iPad. I checked inside each one, looking for IWDEE. Eventually I found it, inside a folder starting with "6A88..." but that can change every time they update the app so you might have to search the hard way.
Once you find the IWDEE app, copy it to a folder on your computer. This is over 2 GB, over wifi, via SSH... it will not be quick, probably about 5-10 minutes. Once the copy is done, right-click on the copy on your iPad and select "show package contents." Keep that window open.
4) Mod the game. Now select the copy on your own computer and do the same thing: "show package contents." This is the IWDEE game folder, and this is where you will install mods just like with the normal game. I dropped a copy of my "Mac Weidu Launcher" here, along with a copy of Weidu v237 called simply "weidu", along with the mod folders for the 14 mods listed above. Then I just ran the Weidu Launcher 14 times, installing the mods in the order described above.
5) Copy the modded game from computer to iPad. Now that the copy on my computer was modded, I had to get the mod files back into my iPad. This was simple, if painstaking. First I opened the "lang" folder in both windows, and then opened the "EN_US" folder since my game is in English. I copied the dialog.tlk file from my modded folder on my computer into the folder on the iPad, overwriting the original one.
Then I hit 'back' twice in both windows to get to the game folder, and I opened the "override" folder in both windows. The override folder in my iPad was empty; the folder on my Mac had ~6,500 files into it. I did a CMD-A to select all the files, and simply dragged them into the other override folder, and then waited. And waited. And waited. I watched two episodes of House of Cards and the copy finished sometime during the second episode... luckily neither device lost power. Be very very patient during this part of the process!
6) Profit Play! Once the copy was finished I unmounted/ejected the SSHFS drive from my desktop. Then restarted my iPad. Then I started the IWDEE app, and there was the mod content. Everything seems to have worked!