Skip to content

want to mod fireball trap level 4 of durlag's tower to make it less annoying

sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
in all honesty this fireball is more annoying than anything, once you pass it, it continues to go off every 6 six seconds, even when you are not near it, and even if you arent even in the tower itself

then only thing that seems to disable this trap is beating the demonknight and getting teleported out

does anyone know what scripting language i can use for the fireball script so when im not near the trap it won't go off? so far the script is;

IF
True()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ForceSpellPoint([3185.1152],RED_FIREBALL) // SPWI957.SPL (Fireball)
Wait(6)
END

i would like to add something to the "IF" line as in; if party in area or some such, have trap go off as normal, when party not in area, dont have trap go off

for easy reference this trap is located in AR0513 and the script is GTFB3.bcs

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    There is a Range() trigger; you could use Range([PC],number) to limit this to only triggering when a party member is nearby. I've checked and there are other "proximity trigger" region scripts that use it.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited February 2023
    Epic Thieving may have already done this by allowing PCs with high enough Disarm Traps to disable all traps, even ones not normally disarmable.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Endarire wrote: »
    Epic Thieving may have already done this by allowing PCs with high enough Disarm Traps to disable all traps, even ones not normally disarmable.

Yeah, Epic Thieving does make that trap disarmable, though it requires 110 Find Traps to disarm.