Skip to content

[Resource Pack] Extended Animations

1235»

Comments

• GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Next Infinity Animations mod release will add BG1 animations to EE games. ;)
    AndreaColomboAdulGrammarsalad
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I think @Adul is looking specifically to add them to v1.3 of the game, which didn’t have the INI system yet (IIRC, that came with v2.0)
    Adul
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I think @Adul is looking specifically to add them to v1.3 of the game, which didn’t have the INI system yet (IIRC, that came with v2.0)

Yes, that's correct, that's what I want to do.
    edited July 2019
    Okay, I managed to add new animations and they're in the game, but the sprites behave erroneously. As in typically none of the animations face the correct directions, and when I walk with them in certain directions, or when I attack, they often lie down on the ground for a few frames. It seems that most of their animations are missing or the frames are misaligned.

If you know what's causing this, please correct me, but I'm assuming that this has to do this the animation's BAM format. Since these are BG1 animations, my understanding is that they need to occupy animation slots that are associated with the old BG1 BAM format. According to this post, the following rules dictate which animation slots use the BG1 format:
    For those interested (and anyone potentially running into this issue and googling it): BG1 sprites require an "old" animation slot and won't work with any "new" ones. The only "old" animation slots in the game are found within the 5000 and 6000 series at the following intervals:

0x0600
    0x0700
    0x0800
    0x0900
    0x0A00
    0x0B00
    0x0C00
    0x0D00
    0x0E00
    0x0F00

So I tried to put the vanilla BG1 human female fighter animation in the 0x5C00 slot, which, in my interpretation, is thus supposed to support the BG1 animation format. Unfortunately, even so, I still encounter the same issues I've described at the beginning of this post.
    Post edited by Adul on
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    @Adul So how hard would it to get something like this (Lucerne Hammer) to work with the halberd animation?
    d9h2drd-7e8e1c46-3261-48d3-883a-29eddaee3777.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZDloMmRyZC03ZThlMWM0Ni0zMjYxLTQ4ZDMtODgzYS0yOWVkZGFlZTM3NzcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-Pb99IVT2KZvaM1VIvcl46Evzw2GQBK87LWYRnSTiRI
    @Adul So how hard would it to get something like this (Lucerne Hammer) to work with the halberd animation?
    d9h2drd-7e8e1c46-3261-48d3-883a-29eddaee3777.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEwMGVkMWQyLWFjYzYtNGQ5Mi1hNzNlLWZkZTA5MjZjZDkwY1wvZDloMmRyZC03ZThlMWM0Ni0zMjYxLTQ4ZDMtODgzYS0yOWVkZGFlZTM3NzcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-Pb99IVT2KZvaM1VIvcl46Evzw2GQBK87LWYRnSTiRI

@WithinAmnesia I'm honestly not sure, I would assume you'd need to create a new weapon animation to assign the new paperdoll to, but I don't know how new weapon animations are added to the game, or even if that functionality has been externalized or is still hardcoded. I know 1PP did it, so maybe you could find some hints in it, but then a lot of what 1PP does could very well be witchcraft.

Sorry, I'm not much use in most modding-related things. Or most things in general. :tongue:
    WithinAmnesia
  • viaderviader Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 875
    edited August 2019
    Wow, this thread is alive ;) If someone wants to hit me directly then can send mail to koliczyna@gmail.com. I'm not sure which questions are actual now.
    AdulAndreaColombo
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Maybe this might help you.
    GrammarsaladAdulAndreaColombo
  • zedaszedas Member Posts: 1
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    Maybe this might help you.

Hehe I don't understand most of this, and I'm derailing a thread a bit here, but you're the person behind 1 Pixel Productions yes?

I once made this query in the steam forum regarding IWD.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/321800/discussions/0/1637536330478842751/

Does the info in your link mean that I can hold out hope that someday I'll get proper animation and sound in Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition?
  • ratthewratthew Member Posts: 1
    hello is this compatible wit the latest version of bgee(2.5)?
  • mateusz_stepienmateusz_stepien Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2021
    Hi @viader

I had some errors with your mod, e.g. with SCS mod (" error parsing ANIMATE.IDS"). I attached .debug file if you'd like to look into it.

Cheers
  • RexDynamiteRexDynamite Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022
    Is there any documentation on how to use the bams.exe tool? I'm interesting in repaletting some of the PS:T bams that haven't been converted yet. I'm specifically interested in trying to make them FALSE_COLOR compatible.

There appears to be 4 segments of 6 argument chunks.
    bams.exe file.bam 128 32 20 100 60 -1 160 32 20 100 60 -1 192 32 18 130 170 -1 224 32 20 100 60 -1

I'm trying to understand what each integer and argument does.

EDIT:
    To anyone reading this in the future, here is what I've figured out so far:
    bams.exe file.bam <palette-index> <palette-index-length> <color> <color> <color> <maybe-alpha> x 4

Not sure what the color values are, it seems like hue, saturation, brightness.

I'll update again if I figure anything more out.
    Post edited by RexDynamite on
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    Is there any documentation on how to use the bams.exe tool? I'm interesting in repaletting some of the PS:T bams that haven't been converted yet. I'm specifically interested in trying to make them FALSE_COLOR compatible.

There appears to be 4 segments of 6 argument chunks.
    bams.exe file.bam 128 32 20 100 60 -1 160 32 20 100 60 -1 192 32 18 130 170 -1 224 32 20 100 60 -1

I'm trying to understand what each integer and argument does.

EDIT:
    To anyone reading this in the future, here is what I've figured out so far:
    bams.exe file.bam <palette-index> <palette-index-length> <color> <color> <color> <maybe-alpha> x 4

Not sure what the color values are, it seems like hue, saturation, brightness.

I'll update again if I figure anything more out.

I wish I had more help to offer, but I will say that your effort to recolor these animations will be very much appreciated.