2»

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Roxanne is not banned from G3, no.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited April 2023
    Thanks @jastey and @The_Baffled_King

I was actually aware of that, but I was to vague in my post. Sorry

I saw the cordinated info from the moderators and noted CamDawgs say on the matter on the G3 forum back then.

On this site the following is decreed:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70519/roxanne
    Thats a lot of alts… We had the merriest time in the following weeks. Everyone suspected each other of being alts. It was like Among U’s!- oh the good times…
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    You didn't write Roxanne is banned everywhere, so all good.
    Everyone suspected each other of being alts. It was like Among U’s!- oh the good times…
    That actually made me laugh. :D
    And considering how R. liked to lie straight to people's faces, it is quite fitting a comparison. :(
    I am glad you laughed @jastey.
    I did fear that it was too soon for jokes…. As I see it you have plenty of things to be mad at Roxanne about, espicially the whole Baldurans Seatower (another IP theft or at least handling of stolen goods), besides the “alt situation” on G3; so I am glad you can be civil about it B)

I know plenty of people see red when her name or project is mentioned - and sadly with very good reason. Perhaps one day we can all laugh about it; or even better welcome her back. It would require very much restoration work from her hand and a lot of forgivness from the community. But one can hope
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    jastey wrote: »
    Roxanne is not banned from G3, no.

How many alts does she have there? :D
    edited May 2023
    At G3, as far as we could tell, there was indeed only Roxanne.
    EDIT: I feel the urge to point out that this was not the only reason our Poobah didn't ban her - we like being able to talk to people, and experience shows they just take their issues elsewhere. EDIT2: didn't prevent Roxanne from never logging into G3 again, lol.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    Necroposting (badly!) but I'd like to clear up Roxanne's 'stolen work' for her version of Balduran's Seatower. Those area assets were done by me and used by her without my permission. Permission was given to Jastey for development and use, but no-one else. I passed the link to the archive through an SHS post that made the recipient very clear and that is where the assets were stolen. Roxanne even had the barefaced cheek to start a thread asking for my help!

Of the assets, around 25%-30% were spanky new from scratch (i.e. mine or Cuv's), around a further 50%-60% of the rest of them were Bioware originals but highly modified by me, so coming under the 'derived works' heading and the rest (very few) were unmodded areas given new names.

That was many hundreds of hours work stolen. Had it been a good mod I would have just shrugged my shoulders and walked away from it, but it was awful. I was annoyed at her behaviour but considered at the time that there was nothing I could do about it except suck it up.

Again, apologies for the necropost but I'm sure some people were curious about that.
    No need to apologize @Yovaneth.

I have seen instances - more than once - where people had the wrong impression of the conflict. That Roxanne’s only sin was making some content, that some people didn’t like.

The “many alt’s” problem and the IPO theft needs to be brought up, so people don’t think it’s a witch hunt. Roxanne may be super helpful and friendly, her tastes may be different than others but her sins are theft and subterfuge.
    @Yovaneth thanks for confirming this.
    The one regret I have is that the dream areas with the restored scenes is not in the Seatower Mod yet because we had problems with reliable triggers. Roxanne could pretend it's original content all these time.
    I'm on that, though.
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    edited March 11
    @jastey Odd that. During testing I had no problems with area triggers but a lot of problems setting up the reward at the end. OTOH since you've been the Guardian a lot will have changed, so perhaps that's a bit of a redundant comment.

Ugh. The Gorion's Dream mod is still available on GitHub. She took the time to rename most of the variables/areas/cre/items but a comparison shows that the (added) dialog is identical to mine. Oddly, she chose to use uppercase for the renaming but there's a shedload of my lowercase names and vars still in there.

Oh well - water under the bridge.

-Y-