What's new?

Bugs Fixed:
    • Fixed a bug in final battle: Tree of Life
    • Fixed a banther between Imoen, Minsc and Dusk
    • Fixed some issues with Valygar and Haer’Dalis new custom items
    • Fixed several issues with NPCs vanilla items
    • Fixed a wrong Journal Entry in the final mission
    • Fixed a bug in which Demoli could trigger the final mission twice
    • Fixed a bug in Wilson’s innate abilities from Bellfame: now it’s not necessary that Dusk is in the party

Enhancements:
    • Rex, Royal Avenger, Lux Triumphans and Ira Tenax items received custom icons and custom animation when wielded
    • Larloch fang can be also forged with Korgan’s Axe +1
    • Dialogs for all the summonings from Bellfame (including herself) with:
    Bellfame with: Dusk, Cernd, Anomen, Haer-Dalis, Wilson
    Baba, the Nervous Mouse with Minsc, Yoshimo, Mazzy
    Jack, the Winter Wolf with Dusk, Edwin, Keldorn, Valygar
    Sayang, the Worg Wolf with Rasaad, Dorn, Jaheira, Nalia
    Thiago, the Brown Bear with Neera, Jan, Viconia, Wilson, Dusk
    Uma, the Shadow Wolf with Hexxat, Imoen, Aerie

New Features:
    • When Bellfame and Wilson are in the same area, there is a chance that if they speak each other he will obtain: Sacred Power of the Bear, Hardened Bear and Bear's Bravery innate abilities

09bunptscia1.png
    Dusk wielding Lux Triumphans and Rex
    3ek1duzi44s8.png
    If you talk to Bellfame's Summonings, a random dialogue will be shown.
    32kju5hveihz.png
    Another example.

PD: Thanks to those who reported the bugs (Bertle, Kate, Wolfstar, gnomejodas, John, Bell), I wouldn't have been able to fix them without your help. Thanks to Lava and jastey for the advice on file management.

With this, the major bugs should be fixed (at least I hope so). The next update will include the translation of the mod into Italian (thanks, Andrea) and possibly to version 1.0

Hello,

I'm currently playing with this version (0.9.4) and I've encountered an apparent bug on the quest to find Michelson in the Docks:
    If I choose the option to make the joke about "Nobody," Michelson runs toward the door at the top of Mae-Var's building and then disappears completely. I've looked all over the Docks and even rested a few times, but I can't get him to reappear.

Also, if my Charname speaks directly to Dusk after this happens, he says a line about "fortunately we succeeded," after which my party receives 10,000 XP, but Michelson still doesn't reappear.

I don't know if this issue was already fixed on a subsequent patch, or if perhaps it was created by an incompatibility with one of the numerous other mods I currently have installed.

• Curian55Curian55 Member Posts: 17
    Lejan55 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm currently playing with this version (0.9.4) and I've encountered an apparent bug on the quest to find Michelson in the Docks:
    If I choose the option to make the joke about "Nobody," Michelson runs toward the door at the top of Mae-Var's building and then disappears completely. I've looked all over the Docks and even rested a few times, but I can't get him to reappear.

Also, if my Charname speaks directly to Dusk after this happens, he says a line about "fortunately we succeeded," after which my party receives 10,000 XP, but Michelson still doesn't reappear.

I don't know if this issue was already fixed on a subsequent patch, or if perhaps it was created by an incompatibility with one of the numerous other mods I currently have installed.

Hi! Thanks for trying the mod.
    Question: Have you checked inside Maevar's building? Maybe Michelson is there.

If you talk to Dusk, did he tell you that the quest is successfully completed? That would be a bug.
    Also, if you go back to Mathyus's hideout, is Michelson there?

Thanks!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited July 2023
    Curian55 wrote: »
    Hello,

Hi! Thanks for trying the mod.
    Question: Have you checked inside Maevar's building? Maybe Michelson is there.

If you talk to Dusk, did he tell you that the quest is successfully completed? That would be a bug.
    Also, if you go back to Mathyus's hideout, is Michelson there?

Thanks!

1. I checked inside Mae'Var's building, he's nowhere to be found.
    2. Yes, Dusk's dialogue indicates the quest has been completed.
    3. No, Michelson isn't inside the original hideout, either.
    1. I checked inside Mae'Var's building, he's nowhere to be found.
    2. Yes, Dusk's dialogue indicates the quest has been completed.
    3. No, Michelson isn't inside the original hideout, either.

Yes, there is a bug there.

Version 1.0 is ready and will be released next week.
    I'm going to fix that for the next release (v1.1)

Thanks for finding this bug!
    NPC Wizard Slayer: Dusk - V 1.0 released!

uindofq9jcri.jpg

What's Changed

Bugs Fixed:
    • Fixed remaining game's DLG files of the mod, avoiding potential conflicts with other mods

Enhancements:
    • New talk after the battle in The Oasis (ToB)
    • If player attacks Dusk’s allies (Eg. Mathyus or Michelson) he turns into a enemy
    • Added remaining Dusk’s voiceovers

New Features:
    • Added new language: Italian
  • BenofAvalonBenofAvalon Member Posts: 7
    I just finished my first playthrough of SoA with Dusk Aldant in the party.

Just wanted to say, that I really enjoyed his character and story, and truly felt engaged in the choices you had to make along the way! Not to mention some really fun fights! :)

Onward to ToB! :)
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    Ok, amazingly lame question here, but where do you go for the armor? Northwest of the docks? I can read a map in real life, maybe I am just game stupid. Where is this abandoned home?
    Ok, amazingly lame question here, but where do you go for the armor? Northwest of the docks? I can read a map in real life, maybe I am just game stupid. Where is this abandoned home?

Hi! Thanks for trying the mod. You should be able to found Mathyus here:

q7kybufo4vrl.png
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    For awareness, there are going to be a couple mod conflicts caused by Mathyus in that building. Both Back to Brynnlaw and Tactics Remix use that.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    edited November 2023
    One of the better mods for sure. Would be cool if Demolisher and the leprechaun could become companions at a later time. Demolisher could demolish things via his unique ability and the leprechaun could create multiple things, a bit similar to how Jan can use his alchemy thingy (that mod for Jan specifically). And Demolisher could have side quests such as finding a pretty female dog! And a new area too for them to relocate away from the Docks area. Tactics Remix is quite problematic, I de-select installation of the vampire lich. But it can be a fun battle when you install both mods: you get in, the vampire lich begins to do shenanigans, eventually does meteor storm and kills all of Dusk companions there. And they never retaliate. Perhaps an additional check can be added aka "if idiotic vampire lich and undead are nearby, AND a battle happens, Dusk companions get involved, and Demolisher NUKES those damn skeletons, while the leprechauns pokes the vampire lich with breach". Or something like that. ;)

PS: When I mean relocate, I don't mean the initial quest. I mean at a later time. Anyway, the issue has a lot more to do with Tactics Remix than Dusk. The Dusk mod works fairly well, excluding a few minor things that are often related to other mods, whereas Tactics Remix really needs to be re-thought more seriously - it can be fun for those wishing challenging fights, but some fights are just annoying, and I HATE where they close down the exits. That thing is a serious game design problem when an author thinks he has to do game-breaking and game-changing things that are not necessary. That also happened to me in the fight where you get the celestial fury, where I could not go down anymore. Even then that fight was easier than the stupid liches in general, doing that +200 damage thing on insane level where you can not leave... all my weak party members died, familiar too and it was barely able to avoid that .... I hate mods that are not designed well and Tactics Remix seems to be at the least partially have written in a "let's troll the player" mode ... Kuroisan ninja and gnome illusionists are fun battle though, tough, but fun. Improved Irenicus is the biggest troll offender, a fudging dragon that hunts you down together with other people? Usually dragons are stand-alone, but nope - the original author thought a dragon has to be put down in a must-fight. What a bunch of rubbish nonsense. And so many other question to change core aspects of the game. I really feel we should fork some mods, and change it, and then put them on github, with permission by different people to co-maintain it. Of course I understand that this is also unpaid work, so people can't demand things, I totally get that part too. Still, overpowered garbage is annoying. Anyway I digressed.)
    One of the better mods for sure. Would be cool if Demolisher and the leprechaun could become companions at a later time. Demolisher could demolish things via his unique ability and the leprechaun could create multiple things, a bit similar to how Jan can use his alchemy thingy (that mod for Jan specifically). And Demolisher could have side quests such as finding a pretty female dog! And a new area too for them to relocate away from the Docks area. Tactics Remix is quite problematic, I de-select installation of the vampire lich. But it can be a fun battle when you install both mods: you get in, the vampire lich begins to do shenanigans, eventually does meteor storm and kills all of Dusk companions there. And they never retaliate. Perhaps an additional check can be added aka "if idiotic vampire lich and undead are nearby, AND a battle happens, Dusk companions get involved, and Demolisher NUKES those damn skeletons, while the leprechauns pokes the vampire lich with breach". Or something like that. ;)

PS: When I mean relocate, I don't mean the initial quest. I mean at a later time. Anyway, the issue has a lot more to do with Tactics Remix than Dusk. The Dusk mod works fairly well, excluding a few minor things that are often related to other mods, whereas Tactics Remix really needs to be re-thought more seriously - it can be fun for those wishing challenging fights, but some fights are just annoying, and I HATE where they close down the exits. That thing is a serious game design problem when an author thinks he has to do game-breaking and game-changing things that are not necessary. That also happened to me in the fight where you get the celestial fury, where I could not go down anymore. Even then that fight was easier than the stupid liches in general, doing that +200 damage thing on insane level where you can not leave... all my weak party members died, familiar too and it was barely able to avoid that .... I hate mods that are not designed well and Tactics Remix seems to be at the least partially have written in a "let's troll the player" mode ... Kuroisan ninja and gnome illusionists are fun battle though, tough, but fun. Improved Irenicus is the biggest troll offender, a fudging dragon that hunts you down together with other people? Usually dragons are stand-alone, but nope - the original author thought a dragon has to be put down in a must-fight. What a bunch of rubbish nonsense. And so many other question to change core aspects of the game. I really feel we should fork some mods, and change it, and then put them on github, with permission by different people to co-maintain it. Of course I understand that this is also unpaid work, so people can't demand things, I totally get that part too. Still, overpowered garbage is annoying. Anyway I digressed.)

Hi! Sorry I've been absent for a while. We've been working on a big update for the Dusk mod (actually, a new NPC mod, but I'm going to merge it with the Dusk mod). In the last update, we added a new area for Mathyus's Hideout, so there shouldn't be any more problems with the Tactics Remix mod.

Demolisher as a companion? Maybe as a summoning, lol. But that could be in the distant future. For now, we're working on new areas and animations. Like this one:

Hydra

We're still a couple of months away since we're correcting some animations, but we're getting there.