Skip to content

They won't join but you wish they would.

124»

Comments

• rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    edited November 2012
    I thought Ender Sai may be joinable...not that the game needs another thief, but he seemed pretty cool. Plus, Xan could join after you killed Mulahey, Branwen was turned to stone by Tranzig, Yeslick was imprisoned by Daveorn..i kinda just naturally figured Ender would be the joinable character from the bandit camp...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Lady Irlana - the paladin that Garrick incessantly hits on in BG2. Beautiful, brave, and apparently not superficial. ;-)

Also, Ehlastra, the mysterious "warrior from the northern lands" who you rescue from Yaga Shura's lair in TOB.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Scar would be my number one.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    put the joinable Kangaxx the demilich outside of candlekeep and let the game play iself...
  • I always wanted Hendak, the barbarian you rescue in the Copper Coronet, to be a party member. I loved his voiceset and I never understand why he wanted to manage a dingy bar after being enslaved there for years.

Near the entrance to Baldur's Gate there was a priestess of Umberlee that I always wished could become a NPC as well, I can't remember her name, it's been years!
  • MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    I always wanted the werewolf Delainy/Durlyle to join you. I felt bad leaving them on that island.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

I always wanted Hendak, the barbarian you rescue in the Copper Coronet, to be a party member. I loved his voiceset and I never understand why he wanted to manage a dingy bar after being enslaved there for years.

Near the entrance to Baldur's Gate there was a priestess of Umberlee that I always wished could become a NPC as well, I can't remember her name, it's been years!

Tenya.
  • Smiling_ImpSmiling_Imp Member Posts: 24
    I always wanted Anath to join the party. She is the werewolf that opens the Shadow Temple for you in SoA.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356

bdeonovic said:

There is a mod that makes lots of these NPCs joinable....it also adds lots of quests and CONVERSATION which is awesome.

Can you sexually assault Winthrop?
    I don't think it's considered "assault" if they're willing. I get the feeling Firebead wasn't staying there just for the books. >_>
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25

Zal, the fastest dart thrower ever to walk to sword coast. Not that he got your hopes up, or anything.

Are you some kind of moron? The fastest dart thrower in the west?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Bring it on Waardenius. You tell Zal to show us his stuff.

• XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    If you enable debug mode you can recruit any character by holding your cursor over them and pressing ctrl q. Although you will need shadow keeper to give them a portrait. Also sometimes they have no class or a weird class. Like that guy who asks you to fight him in Candle Keep then gets another guy to shoot an arrow at you, he is a mage with 3 strength bahahaha. Although its cool to get Shank who already has an assasin kit as his class.
  • SivenSiven Member Posts: 11
    Portalbendarwinden! Can you imagine the banter?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    Dorn.

Come on, most of us were thinking it at one point. :P
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • SullaSulla Member Posts: 72
    Silke in BG1, Bodhi (or one of her underlings) in BG2. I definitely enjoy playing the darkside more.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    A version of Solaufein that isn't quite so broken or quite so emo...and without the bloody revenge spiders. ;-;
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    Officer Vai (I think her name was), the woman to whom you sell the bandit scalps.
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    Kangaxx would be... interesting.
    Always vaguely wanted to have Glacias, from Nalia's keep, be a joinable NPC if you somehow cured his madness.
    Also, Salvanas from the Copper Coronet. Sure, he'd suck in combat, but imagine him talking to Bodhi!
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    When I was younger I always wanted Elminster just to see what he could do in a fight =) I really wish there was a battle with him fighting something and you could assist him like you could Drizzt.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Jalily said:

Dorn.

Come on, most of us were thinking it at one point. :P

I was just about to post that joke hahaha well played.
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    Drizzt, hands friggin down...

Is it possible with mods?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    The main reason the solaufein mod is garbage is that it in no way resembles the original character. Solaufein was lvl 12 FIGHTER (not a F/M as in mod), his dimension door was an ability of his drow house badge (though since it was in his special abilities tab rather then a mage spell book, I can overlook that part), he wasn't angsty at ALL, a little remorseful of what could've been, but he'd long made peace with his past, his stats are actually pretty decent, compared to the average playable NPC (Lawful Neutral, 17/16/15/14/11/10, 74 magic resistance (unlike Viconia who's resistance has begun to wane, away so long from the underdark, Soluafein's is still full strength)) and is gear is exactly what you'd expect from a drow warrior of his rank (and no he didn't dual-wield, he used a +3 drow scimitar and shield)

The devs actually said they dabbled with the idea of adding him, but time constraints and the fact that you'd be getting him so late (people complained a lot about how several BG1 NPCs are gotten too late to really be useful) kept him off the roster.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    TAMOKO.
    definitely.
    a character with very well-made motives (love for main antagonist), drama to it (when you meet her the last time, she knows she is going to lose anyway, but has no other chance than to try), depth and an awesome voice acting.
    saddest moment in BG1- I started to root for Tamoko since our first encounter in BG1 an was actually very sorry to have to kill her in the end. (even though me being Lawful Evil)
  • Silent_MarkSilent_Mark Member Posts: 3
    And how about Bassilus, together with Tiax and Xzar it could be really 'crazy party'
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Xiviriel said:

If you enable debug mode you can recruit any character by holding your cursor over them and pressing ctrl q. Although you will need shadow keeper to give them a portrait. Also sometimes they have no class or a weird class. Like that guy who asks you to fight him in Candle Keep then gets another guy to shoot an arrow at you, he is a mage with 3 strength bahahaha. Although its cool to get Shank who already has an assasin kit as his class.

I use the ctrl q cheat all the time to try different party combinations that I wouldn't otherwise be able to try. I found that if you do that to Phaere while she is in the process of being killed by the demon, she doesn't actually die, just loses about half her health.
  • kdalikdali Member Posts: 23
    Volo and Umberlee
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Absolutely Ender Sai.

I love his colour scheme, his name and his dialogue. If only I could use his soft shoes to kick some monster ass...
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86

Larry Darryl and Darryl! Triple NPCs FTW - you get them and... you basically want to commit suicide on the long run :P

I was going to say that. :)

My next option would be Sarevok of course. Can you imagine BG2 with TWO powerful Bhaalspawn who have agreed to share Bhaal's portfolio? It could totally and completely change the way the game plays out, the ending, and the fate of the entire realm.

EPIC!!!

• ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    RavenX said:

Larry Darryl and Darryl! Triple NPCs FTW - you get them and... you basically want to commit suicide on the long run :P

My next option would be Sarevok of course. Can you imagine BG2 with TWO powerful Bhaalspawn who have agreed to share Bhaal's portfolio? It could totally and completely change the way the game plays out, the ending, and the fate of the entire realm.

EPIC!!!

Have you played ToB? That actually happens in that game.
  • SultanPSultanP Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    ARKdeEREH said:

RavenX said:

EPIC!!!

Have you played ToB? That actually happens in that game.
    It doesn't quite play out like that, though.

While Sarevok is still "blessed" with superhuman strength and endurance, much like he was as a Bhaalspawn, he doesn't share Bhaal's portfolio any more, I believe. And if you read the ToB novel, which follows the canon hero (Abdel the fighter) Sarevok is pretty much just a haunted suit of armor.