Skip to content

BG/BGII Characters Pinups

Comments

• KillravenKillraven Member Posts: 115
    This guy closes my touchups, for now (gave him lighter skin, but kept his facial war paint)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8170125858/in/photostream

I'll be working on the backgrounds
    Oh, and this was the HalfOrc Barbarian I played in IWD/IWD2:
    OleFellowGoodManners
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8170162635/in/photostream
  • griffianogriffiano Member Posts: 26
    Dynaheir.............like wow ;)
    Killraven
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Killraven said:

Okay. I have a kind of dumb request, you can ignore it if you want, but...well, as nice as Xan looks in blue, I'd kind of like to see him in a purple robe like he has in the game...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8169916869/in/photostream
    better?
    askdfjkslfjsdklfjskdljfksld he's so pretty
    Killraven
    edited November 2012
    This is how a final poster (portrait + background) will look like

...had to put him into a forge to make him smile ;-)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8175788962/in/photostream/

Note: flickr also gives me limitations in pictures size (max dimension 1024 vs 1440 of the original), when I complete these posters and portraits for in-game use, I'll zip and post them somewhere else...
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    Wow, congratulations! Those pictures look really great! Kangaxx, Irenicus and the new Tamoko are sueperb.

The only concern I may have is that some of the female figures are a little too naked or sexualised, and it doesn't seem apt for them. I may understand Faldorn as a druid not linking clothes (though she is reeaally showing a lot of skin... And seem to have lost some years too) or Safana, but why are Aerie and Viconia not amrouring their belly? Or Shaar-Tel... Well, every part of her body? (And those heels of Bodhi's look pretty uncomfortable, for someone used to bare-knuckling in the city at night.)

Anyway, great work!
    Killraven

The only concern I may have is that some of the female figures are a little too naked or sexualised, and it doesn't seem apt for them. I may understand Faldorn as a druid not linking clothes (though she is reeaally showing a lot of skin... And seem to have lost some years too) or Safana, but why are Aerie and Viconia not amrouring their belly? Or Shaar-Tel... Well, every part of her body? (And those heels of Bodhi's look pretty uncomfortable, for someone used to bare-knuckling in the city at night.)

Thank You

I have had this discussion many times and there are different point of views...
    One thing I often say is that magic armor helps go around lighter eheh

in making Shar-Teel I had Red Sonja in mind...

Human Male 1, Cernd and my PC "GoodManners" are not much dressed either, but nobody seems to ever point out :)

jokes apart, I think that as long as the picture show some taste, it's ok

• MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    edited November 2012
    Well, Human Male 1 and Cernd don't strike me as particularly sexualised figures (plus, the former looks like a barbarian, and the latter is a shapeshifter druid, so their not complete clothedness seem apt). GoodManners seems a little sexualised, though, but male-oversexualisation does not tend to be a problem, in that it's not widespreadly used in advertising, marketing and illustrations (or games) as female one.

That's only my opinion, though, and the pictures look great anyway!
    Post edited by MatteoTurini on
    Killraven
    By the way, this an older version of Aerie I did a while ago
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8176045840/in/photostream
    MatteoTurini
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Killraven, thanks for the new Dynaheir pics. My favorite, of course, is Dynaheir 2. If you do a portrait set eventually, maybe you could include two or three versions of some of the characters to suit all tastes.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Killraven said:

I hope You will enjoy the pics as much as did while working on them.

Damn, you turned Faldorn into a hottie! :D
    Killraven
    edited November 2012

@Killraven, thanks for the new Dynaheir pics. My favorite, of course, is Dynaheir 2. If you do a portrait set eventually, maybe you could include two or three versions of some of the characters to suit all tastes.

For sure! ...especially for Dynaheir, Viconia, Edwin

I might also do custom on-demand portrait for PCs, but depends on what my real life jobs allows me to do in terms of free time
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by Killraven on
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    The new versions of Branwen, Tamoko, Kagain and Edwin look great! I can't wait to see the finished works. Also, the ones you've made backgrounds for so far have been very inspired. I can't wait to see Xzar, Tiax, Mazzy and Haer'Dalis with appropriate scenery. :D

Btw, now that you've shown us GoodManners almost all the races are featured.

Do you think you could do a PC Female Dwarf, Female Gnome, Female Half-Orc? I think those are the only 'missing' ones. :)

Killraven
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    These are great. I'm definitely going to use them.
    What would it take for you to bundle them all for one quick and easy download?
  • @Killraven You made my day! This is great fun to see until the end of november. You should make NWN2 models for the BG remake in het NWN2 engine. It will make it much better.
    Killraven
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316

Do you think you could do a PC Female Dwarf, Female Gnome, Female Half-Orc? I think those are the only 'missing' ones. :)

Arkanis, Deder, Canderous, Osprey and Mordaine are still missing.
    Aerie is still fat.
    The rest are still kewl.

Oi, we be demandin' ta be included in thine art plan, laddie! This be Arkanis speakin' on behalf of tha rest of tha crew.

KillravenLadyEibhilinRhett

The new versions of Branwen, Tamoko, Kagain and Edwin look great! I can't wait to see the finished works. Also, the ones you've made backgrounds for so far have been very inspired. I can't wait to see Xzar, Tiax, Mazzy and Haer'Dalis with appropriate scenery. :D

I have already written down notes for all of the character backgrounds, so I know what to give them. Right now I am playing around with forests because I want to do something decent: any backgrounds will have trees, they must be good
    The funniest one to make will be Tiax's, You'll see why

Sure! But I got some work for You too: please pick names and classes for them for me to have some kind of reference
    PinkRose said:

These are great. I'm definitely going to use them.
    What would it take for you to bundle them all for one quick and easy download?

Hopefully, just two right clicks:
    this is a test with the JPGs that already on the webs.com
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2749327565/JPGSmini.zip

If it works (and there are not non-senses like "bandwidth limitations"), I will upload the larger PNG versions: they've a transparent background so, while You wait for me to complete the lengthy process of giving all of them a themed background, You might drop whatever background You like, including solid colors.

@Killraven You made my day! This is great fun to see until the end of november. You should make NWN2 models for the BG remake in het NWN2 engine. It will make it much better.

You mean making them an in-game models? I think this involves translating them into some kind of "3D Studio Max" compliant/derived format. It's always like that with games.
    The first problem to solve is not technical though: I think I remember these models cannot be distributed for games (pics and videos yes, not the model nor a scaled/low poly version of them) unless You buy a license that I cannot afford, I must check the EULA.

Are You involved with some NWN2 modding community?
  • RheiosRheios Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    The portraits are really impressive, by the way, but one constructive criticism. For Aerie, to my understanding of her, (from her portrait and character description), isn't she waifish and perhaps even unhealthy looking? Your Aerie looks like an elf in much better shape.
    For Viconia, a nitpick more than a constructive criticism, but her face looks quite human and round, when it'd probably be more ovular in shape probably, although it looks fine now so it hardly requires a change.

I may have missed it in Minsc's portrait, but where was Boo!?
    "Boo is small and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search."
    Ah...nevermind then...=P
    Killraven
    Przemkas said:

Arkanis, Deder, Canderous, Osprey and Mordaine are still missing.

Przemkas said:

Aerie is still fat.

Since assertion is underdiscussion do
    Load Aerie
    Remove gown
    Add bikini bottom
    Remove armor
    Add bikini top
    Render
    Post PIC!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8185412759/in/photostream
    End

Przemkas said:

The rest are still kewl.

Thanks!
    Przemkas said:

Oi, we be demandin' ta be included in thine art plan, laddie! This be Arkanis speakin' on behalf of tha rest of tha crew.

Will do, but ... Do You have the old ingame portraits for all of them? I never played them nor the tutorials

Rheios said:

The portraits are really impressive, by the way, but one constructive criticism. For Aerie, to my understanding of her, (from her portrait and character description), isn't she waifish and perhaps even unhealthy looking? Your Aerie looks like an elf in much better shape.
    For Viconia, a nitpick more than a constructive criticism, but her face looks quite human and round, when it'd probably be more ovular in shape probably, although it looks fine now so it hardly requires a change.

I may have missed it in Minsc's portrait, but where was Boo!?
    "Boo is small and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search."
    Ah...nevermind then...=P

Ah, ok I understand now... so she's not fat, but rather not skinny enough!

By the way, she was so powerful (she was my Tank in the party... she was the one who killed Kangaxx and I kept her in the front line) I never really thought of her as the unhealthy lass she was indeed in the storyline...
    I will add the "Skinny" option to her morphs.

As for the Small Giant Hamster, the final version of Minsc will give way more "importance" to our little friend!

Wow. I should have read the whole thread. Loved the troll face on Aerie. lol
    Sorry if it seemed that's what I was doing.

Yeah I used her in the party too,but I was unaware of her tanking abilities. I kept her in Archmage robes most of the time for wider range of spells and had here lob ranged attacks the rest of the time.

Excellent. Boo will be ever so thrilled. Won't you Boo!?
    Killraven
    edited November 2012
    Please later on if anybody tries the link... let me know if it really works
    Przemkas said:

I think I found them!
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Companion
    Note: Canderous is already in the pics I made, it's "Human male 2"! I used his portrait for my CharName (named, guess, Killraven)

• KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Alora got some damn nice titties..
    Killraven
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Kangaxx is all like "Oh hey, Bro! Long time no see!"
    Killraven
    Killraven said:

Please later on if anybody tries the link... let me know if it really works

Tried it and it works. All awesome, by the way.
    Killraven