Skip to content

BG/BGII Characters Pinups

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Okay, I also downloaded the link. I hadn't seen Garrick's picture before - awesome.

I think that Canderous is lacking his firm, Harrison Ford, matinee idol, movie star jawline, i.e., his features are too soft. I'd give him a sharper jawline and masculinize him a bit more. (Heavier eyebrows, darker beard shadow, stronger chin and mouth.) Also, wasn't he a cleric in the original tutorial party? Such that having a blunt weapon would suit him better?) Just a couple of little nitpicks, there; feel free to ignore them.

Your work is fantastic.
  • KillravenKillraven Member Posts: 115

I think that Canderous is lacking his firm, Harrison Ford, matinee idol, movie star jawline, i.e., his features are too soft. I'd give him a sharper jawline and masculinize him a bit more. (Heavier eyebrows, darker beard shadow, stronger chin and mouth.) Also, wasn't he a cleric in the original tutorial party? Such that having a blunt weapon would suit him better?) Just a couple of little nitpicks, there; feel free to ignore them.

Thanks!
    I think at this point I will make a separate new character for Canderous. Right now I am slowing down quite a bit since these backgrounds with foliage take forever to render
    :/

• PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Link works. Models are near perfect.
    I'll be adding my own backgrounds using Photoshop. Thank you for a consistent look to all the Characters.
    Maybe I'll name my CHARNAME Killraven after you.
    Killraven
  • Eldoth_KronEldoth_Kron Member Posts: 18
    @Killraven This is the kind of dedication and love for the game/series that make these boards worth visiting! Awesome work, a jaw dropper.
    Killraven
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited November 2012
    Killraven said:

I have already written down notes for all of the character backgrounds, so I know what to give them. Right now I am playing around with forests because I want to do something decent: any backgrounds will have trees, they must be good
    The funniest one to make will be Tiax's, You'll see why

Do you think you could do a PC Female Dwarf, Female Gnome, Female Half-Orc? I think those are the only 'missing' ones. :)

Sure! But I got some work for You too: please pick names and classes for them for me to have some kind of reference
    @Killraven Pc Female Dwarf - since all the dwarves in BG so far have been some kind of Fighter let's do something different. People often forget that Dwarves can be Thieves as well as Fighters and Clerics so why not a flamboyant Dwarven Swashbuckler codenamed Sigra Rumknocker? :D
    Pc Gnome Female - Tiny and vicious looking. Not all Gnomes are cuddly, Tiax proves this well. Since we have clerics mages and thieves why not a Fighter? Daisy( her parents had high hopes for her) 'Orcslicer'. :) Has a chip on her shoulder from being patronised by bigger and stronger fighters ( which is to say almost everyone else :> )
    Pc Half-Orc Female - A sad story for the poor Lady Half-Orc. Bullied because of her orcish heritage and homely looks, she falls in with the wrong crowd and soon enough becomes part of a thief gang. Cleric/Thief or Thief. More of a thug than a careful burglar. I can't think of a name for this one.. I've only played a Half-Orc once and the name was Mara, not very orcish. :)
    And that makes 3!A saucy pirate, a grumpy fighter and a shifty-looking thief.
    See kind Sir I've done as requested :)
    Killraven
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Killraven said:

Since assertion is underdiscussion do
    Load Aerie
    Remove gown
    Add bikini bottom
    Remove armor
    Add bikini top
    Render
    Post PIC!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8185412759/in/photostream
    End

Hilarious! I will never see Aerie in the same light again!

Killraven
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Very gorgeous...truly! Although I'm not too fond with Viconia - it seems to me she departed too much from what I remember her portraits. And something feels off with Valygar...could it be the haircolor? Or the hair itself, I'm not sure. But overall, they're a very impressive collection.
    Killraven
    edited November 2012
    PinkRose said:

Link works. Models are near perfect.
    I'll be adding my own backgrounds using Photoshop. Thank you for a consistent look to all the Characters.
    Maybe I'll name my CHARNAME Killraven after you.

I am upping the PNGs as soon as I am over with the next render!
    Post edited by Killraven on

See kind Sir I've done as requested :)

Sure! I can start working on them now ;-)
    neleothesze
    edited November 2012
    PinkRose said:

I'll be adding my own backgrounds using Photoshop.

So here are the links to the PNG with Transparent backgrounds
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2495040247/PNG_Rev00.zip

Post edited by Killraven on
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    That link doesn't work for me, Killraven. Keep up the great work!
    Killraven
    AHF said:

That link doesn't work for me, Killraven. Keep up the great work!

Yeah, I did not paste the link, sorry :P
    I am editing the post right away!

Your work is so good, I hate to critique it. But here's my first.
    Ajantis is a Paladin of Helm. His shield symbol should maybe be Helm's Symbol.
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Helm
    edited November 2012
    PinkRose said:

Your work is so good, I hate to critique it. But here's my first.
    Ajantis is a Paladin of Helm. His shield symbol should maybe be Helm's Symbol.
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Helm

Thank You, I accept constructive criticism no problem :)
    ...but Ajantis should not be showing any symbol on his shield anymore: I checked the new version, are You sure? By the way, I was planning to add the God Symbol to the Medallion, rather than the shield, so that the shield would keep the Order of Radiant Heart symbol (the sun)

@Killraven, your Kivan portrait is beautiful. I do have one suggestion, though - you might want to start thinking ahead to the 110x170 and 38x60 frames, if you're serious about eventually having a portrait pack. The way Kivan is holding his longbow, given the size of it, I don't think you will be able to get the bow into the portraits, unless you zoom out so far that Kivan's face can't be seen clearly. That's why, I think, that they had Kivan posing with his bow notched and drawn in his original portrait.

The other way I've seen it done is to have the character pose with their bow attached behind their backs.

Just sharing an idea - feel free to ignore.
    Killraven

@Killraven, your Kivan portrait is beautiful. I do have one suggestion, though - you might want to start thinking ahead to the 110x170 and 38x60 frames, if you're serious about eventually having a portrait pack. The way Kivan is holding his longbow, given the size of it, I don't think you will be able to get the bow into the portraits, unless you zoom out so far that Kivan's face can't be seen clearly. That's why, I think, that they had Kivan posing with his bow notched and drawn in his original portrait.

The other way I've seen it done is to have the character pose with their bow attached behind their backs.

Just sharing an idea - feel free to ignore.

Honestly I was thinking of cropping the portrait to the head, like in BG/BGII. The full scale is only to see "the whole picture", this is an example of how I intended a 110x170 to look like (or even more closeup):
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mario_roma/8191665026/in/photostream

BelgarathMTH
    I see the sun, if that's not a symbol, then that's fine.
    For my own, I replaced the sun and the wheel necklace with the Helm symbol on both.
    And I agree about the portrait cropping.
    I like my portraits to be lots of body, Torso shots, and the small icons to be tight cropped face shots.
    Killraven
    PinkRose said:

I see the sun, if that's not a symbol, then that's fine.
    For my own, I replaced the sun and the wheel necklace with the Helm symbol on both.
    And I agree about the portrait cropping.
    I like my portraits to be lots of body, Torso shots, and the small icons to be tight cropped face shots.

Yes, I plan to change their necklaces too in the final versions (next in the pipeline is Jaheira, I want to complete all of these very time consuming forest renders)
    @Killraven, ah, thanks for the 110x170 crop! I would not have thought it possible, but you actually did manage to get the bowstaff, the string, and an arrow all into the frame, and still have Kivan's armor/outfit and face shown clearly in the frame.
    Killraven
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    @Killraven Wow! Incredibly sexy dwarf lady!

Now I know what you meant by wanting to have a starting point. Miss Sigra actually looks like a saucy swashbuckler. :)
    Killraven
    PinkRose said:

I see the sun

Now I understand: I upped the wrong file! (doin' too many things at once :/
    I will take care of the symbols before next release, sorry
    Nice reference. Great background.
    I started adding backgrounds, but I'm just going to wait for yours.
    Really. Well done.
    Killraven
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    Your pics are good, but the male chars arent manly enough in my opinion. After that many battles they should look a bit tougher and manlier i think.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Killraven If you plan to turn these into portraits, here are the new dimensions for BGEE:

Large: 210x330
    Medium: 169x266
    Small: 54x84
    Killraven
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Przemkas said:

Aerie is still fat.
    The rest are still kewl.

I think she looks good with a little flesh on her. :-)
  • TamokoTamoko Member Posts: 19
    We made some Backgrounds to your characters! all in the portrait size for perfect use!

I created my own party but you are free to use it aswell.

http://imgur.com/a/KtWqA
    Killraveniasson
    edited November 2012
    Tamoko, those look really good.
    Also, I have a name for your PC half-orc. Theraga.
    Post edited by PinkRose on
    Killraven