Skip to content

What other games you playing right now?

Comments

• saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    Blood Bowl : Chaos Edition , followed that from the start ..so BB,BB:DE,BB:LE , play in the Orca Cola Championship once a week and at the moment season 16 starting and I have a new team 'Scales of the Injusticed' a Lizard Man team
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Currently playing Mass Effect 3, Minecraft, Dishonored, and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2012
    Did a playthrough of chrono trigger not to long ago
    Thinking of a Zelda: lttp, Mass Effect 1 or fire up DosBox and play one of the Commander Keen games or maybe Duke Nukem 1,2 and 3 :-)
    MedullaOblongata
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Age of Empires 2 and all infinity engine old school games
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Just started with IWD, though I found the process of rolling for all 6 characters a little overwhelming, and the interface isn't as nice as BG2 or even BG1
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star in currently in my 3ds. :) Not as good as the first 2, but it will do the trick for 2 weeks.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    Been busy with Icewind Dale, doing the Heart of Winter part right now. Also did continue my first DragonAge campaign started last year for some hours, but 3D games easily tire me. I played some Fallout3 likewise. But I can't play them evening after evening like BG. Too many visual stimuli for my not very steady head.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I'm reading this thread and actually feeling kind of jealous. I'm playing two month old son right now, it's a total grindfest.
    ginger_hammerOxford_Guy
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Pantalion said:

I'm reading this thread and actually feeling kind of jealous. I'm playing two month old son right now, it's a total grindfest.

Must be a shitty game as well? If I could, I'd give you a wand of diaper-changing.

• ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    Oh boy, what am I NOT playing right now. I have a tendency to start some game enthusiastically and then get bored, and stop. Few months later - why haven't I played this awesome game through yet? And repeat.
    Diablo III is the only game that I've managed play for more than couple of weeks at a time recently.
    Skyrim also seems to making a return, gotta build those houses and decorate yisss!
    In Minecraft I have large ideas and very little know-how, building skyscrapers gets very tedious.
    Tried to start IWD II but got bored surprisingly. IWD II is probably the most abandoned game that I have.
    Other games that are waiting for me in the cold, dark loneliness:
    X-Com Enemy Unkown, Amnesia, Arcanum, Fallout, Witcher, Resident Evil 4, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, Far Cry 2, Dawn of War: Winter Assault, Spec Ops: The Line.
    Not counted are games which I've already played through and am currently re-playing.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I got into X3 : Terran Conflict a few days ago. Wow, that can be very addicting once you get into it. Takes awhile though since the learning curve is steep.
    ginger_hammer
  • FentonFenton Member Posts: 38
    While waiting for BG:EE to end all other games. Here's my and yes you can laugh:

BG Tutu Edition- Messing around with an Kensai
    Little Big Planet 2-
    AC 3
    Chultu Saves the World
    Borderlands 1 (Steam Edition)

Those are my games I am playing. I am stopping all for awhile when BG:EE hits.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I'm not playing anything right now. Everything just seems inferior!
    lelag200
  • EarthlingEarthling Member Posts: 13
    After finishing my first try at Neverwinter Nights, it's back to the old standards of Panzer General and Civilization IV until BG is ready.
    elminster
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    While waiting for BGEE I started, and finished a playthrough of Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. It was pretty decent. A little glitchy at times, and I didn't particularly like how it ended, but it kept my attention and I actually finished it which really says something for the game because I'm bad for starting and not finishing games... I actually plan to do an evil playthrough someday.

@Earthling I've killed many a day with Civilization IV+expansions! Awesome game! Civilization V won't run on my elderly computer though...That makes me sad...
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Played a lot of online Heroes III (TBS game) in a league called WCL. But once i got into top 15 world ranks, the best players there are just so meticulous about every move, games would last up to 8 hours. So i said fuck it, can't afford to spend so much time on that shit, gonna wait for my favourite game of all time to arrive in 4 days :D

I used to play a lot of Dota 2 and Starcraft 2 as well, but not so much anymore.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Replayed Fallout I&II a while back and am currently playing IWD.
    @Kristie83 Don't be sad Civ V won't run on your comp. You'd be sadder if it did. It was a huge disappointment compared to IV.
    @Earthling Really? How so? What changed?
    @Kristie83 The list of changes is quite extensive. Lots and lots of small, minor changes that add up to a different experience playing the game. Things like global happiness instead of city happiness, bonuses from building wonders are minimized, no rushing production, only one unit per tile instead of stacking, great people aren't very useful... I could go on for pages.

What it comes down to is that it became a different game to me. Most of the things I enjoyed in Civ IV were either removed or changed too much. Originally religion and espionage were removed but they were included in an expansion. There are plenty of changes that were for the better, but I didn't get the same satisfaction from playing it as I did IV.

Check out the Civ Fanatics forum for endless threads and debates on the subject.
    @Earthling Wow, that's too bad. Big changes in a previously successful, (almost perfect in fact,) game do not always bode well. Global happiness sounds particularly stupid in my opinion, and whats the point of building wonders if you don't get much out of it? Well, now I'm not sad about not being able to run it...Thanks.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Playing through the game version of The Walking Dead, very interestingly made.
    Cheesebelly
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Shin : that game is goshdarn brilliant. Brought tears to my eyes several times. Much better than the show. And I mean, MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
    Shin
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    Playing a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, and occasionally logging some time playing Civilization IV or Dragon Age: Origins when the former gets boring (or random noobs end up annoying me too much...you're a vanguard, why are you using the Widow and the Typhoon?).
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Cheesebelly Yeah, this game is pretty intense.. through the first episode now.
  • Kang54Kang54 Member Posts: 58
    I'm playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time (yeah I'm way behind), and after I'm going to play the second one in the series, Batman: Arkham City.

Although, the BG craze is starting to get to me, and I've been eyeing the BG2 game that I left a year ago at Spellhold... I *neeeeed* BG

I'll get BG on iPad though, and mostly play when I'm travelling by train (got a lot of that with my work), then play other games that are better suited for a big screen in the evenings.
  • LeematonLeematon Member Posts: 33
    Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online and of course, NWN1/NWN2. Will have to seriously re-consider my online subs if this game proves to be as addictive as many people make out :). Having said that, I do like playing online for its social aspect.
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    I finished Max Payne 3 two days ago...since then I'm playing Dishonored! I can recommend both games.
  • GreedySadistGreedySadist Member Posts: 15
    League of Legends with my friends, BG2, re running KotOR, some Heroes of Might and Magic III and V, never liked IV, Medieval Total War II sometimes, Final Fantasy X & IX on PS and finally Warcraft III with my friends
    Khemrikhara