Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pre-Load begins Thursday, November 22nd.

Comments

• MunchkinXQMunchkinXQ Member Posts: 25
    Server error...
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    503 server not available to handle request. Guess we're all in a rush to wait! ;)
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Error 503 on Beamdog.com, and no email yet. Looks like I'll wave to wait until later :(
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    :/ we all got to the 28th hehe
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I got the game downloaded while I was cooking some nice veal liver. It took approximately an hour or so.
    The manuals are real nifty!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I'm actually worried for the 28th since you'll have to download an extra 500Mb then.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Tanthalas said:

I'm actually worried for the 28th since you'll have to download an extra 500Mb then.

we'll end up playing on the 30th then ;p
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bytebrain said:

I got the game downloaded while I was cooking some nice veal liver. It took approximately an hour or so.

I think you've overdone your veal liver, mate! ;-)
  • Bytebrain said:

This... I was thinking the exact same thing...
  • DogmatixDogmatix Member Posts: 25
    Wasn't it supposed to be bigger than 1.3GB on PC? I thought somebody said at some point the game would take 3GB? ... Guess I remember wrong.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    The full size is 1.8GB, the last half a gigabyte will be released on the 28th.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Dogmatix said:

Wasn't it supposed to be bigger than 1.3GB on PC? I thought somebody said at some point the game would take 3GB? ... Guess I remember wrong.

1.3 is the preload, there are another 500mb to download at release day - after installation its supposed to be around the 3gb.

500 mb on release date.. Hehe hope they got a few servers in spare. Gonna be hot that day !
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Bytebrain said:

LOL!
    Nice one. :-)
    There was some other stuff to cook in addition to the liver, you should tast my sauce...
    lordkim said:

500 mb on release date.. Hehe hope they got a few servers in spare. Gonna be hot that day !

I've been downloading for well about an hour and a half, am still only up to 131Mb, no big deal I guess as its just the pre-download, but it perhaps indicates that server capacity on launch day needs to be greater, as demand will be even higher then...
    they should let us who have preordered the game before the 18 sep get the 500 mb also ;)
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    Good news. I'll be home soon and will download it then.
    Bytebrain said:

Bytebrain said:

LOL!
    Nice one. :-)
    There was some other stuff to cook in addition to the liver, you should tast my sauce...

Taste your sauce? How provocative.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Phil is stalling with the e-mails until we get a few more of the server kinks ironed out.
    -Trent
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    The download servers are fine, it is the front end that is causing us pain today. We have a couple machines in the cluster which are handling a few too many things at once. We'll iron it out.

-Trent
  • KhemrikharaKhemrikhara Member Posts: 14
    Getting around 10 - 40kb here in Australia. Damned isolation.
    Very slow at 200-250kb but getting there!
    Between 6-12Kb/s here (UK)
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Slowly i have the feeling my computer has some problem with the client, have tried a while ago to get also another game but that shows exactly like baldurs gate enhanced also that "getting download info" - and that since quite some weeks already...

Ban of Austrian IP's perhaps? :P
  • shawnppickettshawnppickett Member Posts: 25
    Well, my preload has started, I'm averaging ~60Kb/s (I have a slow connection at my house normally, the consequence of living in a rural area). 6 hrs to go...
  • ZyxstZyxst Member Posts: 9
    My first post was going to ask politely for everyone to let me start my download, but I decided to check the servers again and it's downloading. :P

I feel really weird to download part of the game early when I'm still going to have to wait until full release to play.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Using the standalone installer, I got exactly 11.3mb downloaded before it crapped out on me. Now I'm indefinitely "connecting..."

This, like (quite literally) every other thing that's happened re: BGEE, does -not- bode well.
  • john_boyjohn_boy Member Posts: 18
    Switched on early - stuck at around 66mb and now the installer is dead Jim.
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    john_boy said:

Switched on early - stuck at around 66mb and now the installer is dead Jim.

Same here :(

• M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    i cant download it tooo this is shit....6kb/s and download stap and it say conecting........