Skip to content

Extras for preorders

Trent Oster sad that there will be extra stuff for preorders. Where is it?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Probably on your hard-drive.
    cory5694
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    It's not here yet. Just be patient.
    *sigh*

I have said it before, and I will say it again:

It. Is. a. WMD.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Its probobly the silver sarevok head badgey thing. Everyone who preordered after sept has a bronze one.

What did you expect some super awesome game-breaking item no one else gets in game? Aww.
    Hmm... Soundtrack seems like a nice extra...
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    I don't give a rat's ass about a badge. I want something, anything for in-game use.
    Valchistalkaiser
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    How about licensing a MLP Mod! =p hehehehe
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    CaptRory said:

How about licensing a MLP Mod! =p hehehehe

<.< have you seen the actual MLP mod?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    ^ Oh God, why....
    LordsDarkKnight185QuartzEnialusMeliamneGodKaiserHell
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I did, it's really just a pack of sounds and pictures. I'm thinking animations and character models and all =3
    jaysl659 said:

Kristie83 said:

I don't give a rat's ass about a badge. I want something, anything for in-game use.

$2 discount if you preordered early enough, and now you can pre-download the game data.

In my opinion, giving in-game items, etc. to those that pre-order or pay more is always an awful policy. Unless they're purely aesthetic, as in some custom version of something available to everyone, just with a different name or something.
    The discount and the pre-download were a given. That's why I pre-ordered. When the delay happened, Trent Oster said "To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you." This is why people who pre-ordered before the original release date are expecting a little something extra.

If not an in-game item, then perhaps a few dollar discount for a future BGEE expansion, or maybe BG2EE...Just an idea...
    elminsterCyricistalkaiser
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    jaysl659 said:

Kristie83 said:

In my opinion, giving in-game items, etc. to those that pre-order or pay more is always an awful policy. Unless they're purely aesthetic, as in some custom version of something available to everyone, just with a different name or something.
    Although I suppose if they did give pre-orders an extra item, maybe those of us who didn't pre-order could join a multiplayer game with those who did, wait until one of their characters died, and then take the item and export our character with it. Then we would have it too! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    KirkorCalmarEnialusMeliamneBjjorick
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Seems silly to me to give people a $2 discount just because they took advantage of another $2 discount.

My interpretation of that tweet was that they would work on something extra to make the wait worthwhile for everybody, as a way of saying thank you to the pre-orders. I didn't think it was something only pre-orders would receive.
    LemernisEnialusMeliamnepaulsifer42
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Jaing said:

Tbh I don't think there will be any. I think it was just something Trent said at the moment to help defuse the situation but nobody was actually supposed to remember that he said it.
    Sophiacapricorn
  • JaingJaing Member Posts: 9
    ajwz said:

Probably on your hard-drive.

no it's not, 1mb of more than 1gb after 4h of downloaidng. Stauts? Connecting

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    An extra quest in the Candlekeep Prologue for a Container of Holding of some sort would make me happy. My bar is set pretty low for the "little something extra." I'm just looking forward to playing the game.
    QuartzSCARY_WIZARDDragonspear
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    He said he is working on something. Didn't say he would actually give it to us.

Besides, anything in game that is given, lets just say an extra weapon or merchant somewhere, someone can easily mod in for everyone else for free and then everyone would be whining that those items are for preorderers only and blah blah blah blah blah.

Get over it. Delays happen. Ask for a refund if you think waiting an extra two months for a more polished game was inappropriate. If not, enjoy your badge saying you supported them from the beginning.
    tilly said:

I pre-ordered before the delay, and I don't care if I don't get anything other than a fantastic game. :)

Maybe let pre-delay pre-order people download free downloadable content at an earlier date than other buyers are allowed to? But I don't like the idea of receiving in-game stuff that no one else will ever get... it's just unfair, because everyone who's bought the game should get all the content on the day of release and afterwards.

Yeah, I agree in-game stuff should be available to everyone. Maybe the pre-orderers could get a DLC that is available to everyone, for free like @CaptRory said. Although, I'm hoping they don't do small DLC like that. I'm hoping for bigger expansions. So, maybe just a discount or something.
    Jean_Luc said:

Jaing said:

Tbh I don't think there will be any. I think it was just something Trent said at the moment to help defuse the situation but nobody was actually supposed to remember that he said it.
    I doubt that. It wouldn't do very much for his reputation, and consequently his business, if he were to blatantly lie like that...

I'm sure he'll follow through with his promise. You can't publicly say something like that and hope people forget about it. Well, you can, but I doubt it would work out well...
    capricorn
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I already demanded the Beamdog Caramelldansen video, i expect that >_>
    LordsDarkKnight185Syntia13