Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    Alot of us are in the same time zone or close to it so the time thing shouldnt be much of a problem Im a night owl and I have alot of free time so I am free pretty much whenever =)
    LordsDarkKnight185
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    I'm not sure on how strong they are. Hopefully +1 weapons will be able to hit them. Otherwise our level won't make much difference.

My werewolf form will certainly be completely useless against one I imagine.
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    yea true we can always leave the mage as a offering hopping the demon will spare the rest of us. If that fails hopefully the demons path finding will fail and well get away =)
    elminsterLordsDarkKnight185
    @elminster if said demon is summoned and we leave the area then come back would the demon be gone? Or would we have to wait for the spell to expire? I havent played a Wild mage so im not sure how that will work yet?
    edited November 2012
    :) The best thing about the wild mage is his most dangerous though. That dwoemer he has can (if you do it right) let him cast spell after spell with very little time in between. Its fantastic if it doesn't go horribly wrong (chaos shield and improved chaos shield help with this obviously). It can also cast any spell in your spell book even if you can't normally cast it because of level or you don't have it memorised. Which can be useful.
    Hmmm im going to have to play around with Neera a bit I have no experience on wild mages other then the horror stories I have heard on the forums...and CHICKENS!!!!
    edited November 2012
    It disappears after a rest. However, they also count as one of your summons. So if it gets summoned in a city like Beregost and starts killing people (if BGEE is anything like the time I played Tutu) our reputation might take a hit with each victim.
    @elminster so no casting spells inside cities or in places that have friendly npc,s near by. How game breaking can the wild mage be if things go awry?
    edited November 2012
    I don't see it being much of an issue. The likelihood of summoning anything is very low and most effects you can shrug off (even the sex change wears off eventually). It would be a good idea to have a stone to flesh scroll on hand though :)
    xxxsmb1987xxxLordsDarkKnight185
    @elminster you name as a wise sage has done you well =P
    We will see how wise I really am when the game starts haha.
    LordsDarkKnight185
    lol o noes =(
    I'm going to get my wild mage out on tutu and make sure the demon summoning does actually take away from your rep. Mostly out of curiousity.
    I just thought of something when BGEE launches only way to join someones game is with there IP address would I need just mine or everyone eleses as well?
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    So clearly rule one of me summoning a demon, accidently of course, is web the fighter. Leave the mage as a sacrifice my ass.
    xxxsmb1987xxxelminster
    let me know how that works my brother in law has my disc so I cant try it as well =(
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    edited November 2012

@elminster lol Durlags tower is scary not sure if I have ever finished the whole thing =/

elminster said:

I never did. I got maybe 2 floors down and was like "fuck this". I normally just go there for the wisdom tome.

I loved Durlags Tower. One of the most challenging places in the BG series up to ToB IMO.

elminsterElectricMonk
    Miahkai said:

So clearly rule one of me summoning a demon, accidently of course, is web the fighter. Leave the mage as a sacrifice my ass.

hahahaa lol omg I just spit water all over the place =)
    @RavenX I plan on fully running through the Dungeon this time around if I can beat watchers keep I can beat Durlags tower too.
    @Miahkai I was only kidding by the way I dont think it would work anyways =P
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

I just thought of something when BGEE launches only way to join someones game is with there IP address would I need just mine or everyone eleses as well?

Just the "Host"

Lets say I started the game, I am the "host" So everyone would dial-in MY IP address to hook up with me.
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    @LordsDarkKnight185 ok thx I never got to play the originals MP and I heard the match making will be delayed so I just wanted to make sure I have all that ready before we went to play =)
    LordsDarkKnight185elminster
    Still working away at finding out about that demon. So far I've pretty well pissed of all of the friendly arm Inn and sent a cow down accidentally on some poor sods head.
    lol I get the feeling the wild mage is going to add alot of fun to the party =)
    LordsDarkKnight185
    @xxxsmb1987xxx Oh yeah I know, I was just returning the joke.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    Miahkai said:

Haha, that's awesome!

Wait... I'm the fighter...

LordsDarkKnight185elminster
    @Ascerion I can only hope he mixes up me with you in the heat of the moment =p
    @Miahkai thx though that made my night =)
    Pretty sure Web has a decent AoE, best to hit you both just to make sure I can get away.
    xxxsmb1987xxxLordsDarkKnight185Ascerion
    edited November 2012
    @Miahkai be warned I can still use my bow >=) are you sure your choatic good lol