Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Coriander is a developer, and her information is correct. I've tested those sizes in the beta, as have others.
    Oxford_GuyreedmilfamSyntia13
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    I have a bajillion pictures on my harddrive of fantasy stuff, among other sfw pictures that have been collected over the course of like seven years. A lot of them can be converted to bg portraits and they look fantastic. I'd love to share them, they worked really well with near max resolution on original bg2. Alas they're not my work, so I don't want to get into trouble distributing them.

I'd just say checkout deviantart.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Jalily - awesome. I didn't know how to corroborate, but I believe Imoen - I mean Jalily, who is Imoen's screen name. Don't hide it. Ninjas know!
    Jalily
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited November 2012

Somebody in this or another thread had a picture comparing Skie from BG1 to a picture of Katie Holmes and others in the "cast the BG movie" threads say that is the match.

Sooo.... I just put together a Skie Holmes today.

It was me.

Thank you for making this. I will definitely use it (although I think the Holmes picture I provided was more fitting). :P

Any chance you feel like putting Jewel Staite's face on Imoen's BG1 portrait? :D

sepotterBelgarathMTHSmiling_Imp
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    That would make Imoen SOOO much better.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198

It was me.

[img]

Thank you for making this. I will definitely use it (although I think the Holmes picture I provided was more fitting). :P

{img}
    Any chance you feel like putting Jewel Staite's face on Imoen's BG1 portrait? :D

The picture you provided WAS better except it did not have the whole head in frame. It turned out the head needed to be resized slightly and I would have had to manually draw in the missing section. And thats a whole different project for me. Also could not find a fully in frame version of that exact shot anywhere else.

As far as the jewel goes, same kinda deal with picture privided, it may work though. I have been meaning to do a better Imoen for a long time so I might try that one next. For me though. I wouldnt bother putting her face into defaut imoens hair. Even that is ugly as sin. I may take some liberties and change a few things. I like to make more BG2 style ones also, then BG1.
    Dunno, I look at it maybe tomorrow night or over the weekend.
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, somehow this double posted, please delete this one.
    edited November 2012
    sepotter said:

@TiaxRulesAll
    What about this one?

Edit: At closer look you may be referring to the former picture saying you needed a full frame photo, and I misunderstood, but oh well, here is a sufficiently larger one of Jewel, enjoy it.

Post edited by sepotter on
    Moomintroll
    Shiny cap'n.
    Raistlin82
    I prefer paintings to photos. Also I can't see Kaylee as anybody but Kaylee. Even if she is play-acting as an actress named Jewel Staite while Serenity is grounded...
    "Hey there. Come closer and let my oh-so-cute hamster get a good luck at you, you hunk of burning love" = Minscette's version of Stand and deliver, so that my hamster may get a better look at you

:D
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    @Syntia13

Thanks for completing the hooded Male 2. Awesome job!

I don't want to come off as a greedy git, but could I add to my request if you have the time? After seeing the customized portrait, I think a dark, foggy/creepy background would suit the character well. I think a sword blade would add some more detail to the bottom half of the picture. The character I have in mind is a Paladin Undead Hunter, and I think a dark background would suit him well and would make his face look lit up in the darkness, perhaps by his holy blade.

I've edited a rough demonstration in Paint:

Paladin Demo
    edited November 2012
    Another one done here:
    Jeheira - Olivia Wylde
    because I thought it needed to be done.

This one was not easy (well for me at least). I still kinda feel like its a just a little... off, but I gotta move on to the next one if I'm gonna finish the rest before launch.

Smiling_ImpMoomintrollR0GUEMortianna
    It's true, It is a little off, perhaps the face needs to me a little smaller, I'm not sure.... perhaps you can go back to it later, as it is an improvement from the original Jaheira.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @TiaxRulesAll Heh, personally I prefer the 'alien' elven look of BG2 portraits than the 'human with pointy ears' one, but to each their own. :)
    Nice job you did with the colors. But it is indeed off, and I can tell you what two main problems are:
    1 - the face looks slightly -very slightly- too big. You should scale it down more. The best way to fit the size is to put the layer with new face at half-transparency, and compare it to the original underneath. The eyes and mouth and eyes of the new face should be at roughly the same height as the original ones.
    2 - the face is at the wrong angle compared to the head. Nothing to do about this, except finding another picture of the actress/model, where her head is turned more to the side. That, or re-drawing the ears and hair, so they look more like shot from the front. ...actually... maybe if you pushed the hair in the right side of the pic slightly to the left and up, and made the ear on the left side more visible, it might be enough. Experiment with it. :)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Syntia13, @Oxford_Guy - yikes, they're changing the portrait sizes? There goes my BG photo collection that took me years to amass and crop. It's not a big deal, though, I'll just have to start a new collection.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Fortunately I saved all the images I shamelessly stole from google / deviant art so I can recrop them :)

@Syntia13, @Oxford_Guy - yikes, they're changing the portrait sizes? There goes my BG photo collection that took me years to amass and crop. It's not a big deal, though, I'll just have to start a new collection.

Eventually, (working hard on it all now) I will be putting out a pretty large zip file full of all the re-sized alternatives I own. Which is a pretty good number of high quality ones. Its not all that hard to upscale them, it just takes time. Look for it when im done.

Oxford_GuyBelgarathMTH
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256

The picture you provided WAS better except it did not have the whole head in frame.

Just in case... ;)

@Philhelm Here he is, pick your weapon. :) The sword on the third one looks crappy, but the design is nice, and low quality should be less noticeable once the pic is scaled down.
    Smiling_ImpPhilhelmRaistlin82
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited November 2012
    I hate to ask, but would someone be so kind as to consider making a portrait similar in appearance to Loki from the Avengers/Thor movies? I feel like rolling a manipulative bastard for my second character. :)
    @Tome Give me a picture/screen, and I'll see what I can do. :)
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Syntia13 said:

@Philhelm Here he is, pick your weapon. :) The sword on the third one looks crappy, but the design is nice, and low quality should be less noticeable once the pic is scaled down.

Thank you! You follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.
    Syntia13
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone here come across a decent alternative portrait of Minsc?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Has anyone here come across a decent alternative portrait of Minsc?

The one in the belt of gender change portrait thread is quite entertaining :-)

IchigoRXCallhailsteveLadyEibhilinRhett
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    @Syntia13 can you do some version of Jaheira and Aerie with black skin and clear eyes like a drow?
    Silly @Akerhon . @Syntia13 can do anything with 'polymorph portrait'...
    Syntia13Sophia
This discussion has been closed.