Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32

@Miahkai be warned I can still use my bow >=) are you sure your choatic good lol

Asks the CG fighter wanting to leave the mage as a sacrifice :P

xxxsmb1987xxx
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @Miahkai you could prob cast protection of evil on yourself and I think it may make you safe it works when you cast gate without it the demon will try and kill you without it.
    Miahkai said:

@Miahkai be warned I can still use my bow >=) are you sure your choatic good lol

Asks the CG fighter wanting to leave the mage as a sacrifice :P

lol touche
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Just checked and it turns out I was wrong. If you summon a demon it will kill commoners, however based on the one commoner that the demon killed (before my mage was killed since he was only level 1) it looks like you don't lose any rep if they kill anyone. Since I was forcing the wild surge with the dweomer the chances of anything bad happening (cow from the sky on commoner included) are very, very rare. Though apparently if you cast an aoe spell like grease the game will just go after the closest NPC in range for whatever effect it is (including petrify). I couldn't even see the commoner who got hit by the cow lol (not in visual range).

Not sure if this would hit other party members as I was playing solo. Plus I didn't want to ruin any surprises for myself :) But regardless looking forward to having a wild mage in the party.
    Oh my now im worried our mage is going to kill me with a cow as well lol
    You'll never see it coming. :D
    edited November 2012
    Ohh and yes protection from evil will stop them from attacking you. So long as you don't attack them (and so long as it remains active).

Edit: however I'm pretty sure the protection from evil only works if it is activated before the demon is fully summoned. If he is hostile towards you I'm not sure it ends up helping beyond an ac and saving throws boost against evil.
    Real quick this has nothing to do with BGEE and I dont want to make a thread about it but if any of you like scary stories check these out https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCreepyPasta?feature=watch they are alot of fun to listen to in the middle of the night when your alone =)
    elminster
    @elminster woot I was right about something lol maybe that will make the mage not want to kill me with a airborne cow.
    edited November 2012

@elminster woot I was right about something lol maybe that will make the mage not want to kill me with a airborne cow.

You'll have to ask the cow that. :)
    lol What language would cow fall under I dont think its common?
    elminster
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271

lol What language would cow fall under I dont think its common?

MOO (programming language)

Also, Earthworm Jim memories anyone?

@Ascerion lol I havent played that in ages so many memories!!!
    edited November 2012
    Image didn't work...hmm.
    @Ascerion ? sorry you lost me there lol
    Tried to link a picture of the E.J. "Cow Launched!" scene. Lol, it didn't work as intended. In regards to our discussion of Wild Mage cow launching surges. =)

Also, my favorite creepypastas are the Slenderman Mythos (TribeTwelve/EveryMan/MarbleHornets), as well as CandleCove. Ben Drowned (Majora's Mask) was ok, too.

Staying on topic so we get more multiplayer faces, however, is it okay to start our characters now, so that we may start around level 2-3? My Berserker has been gathering items for our journey ahead. =)
    I would not plan for your characters to work from either BG1 or BG2, though it is possible they will.
    Ah, well, at least I am learning what not to do. For instance, the Vampiric Wolves outside of the Temple near Beregost are not to be trifled with. At least not without magical weaponry.
    Ascerion said:

Ah, well, at least I am learning what not to do. For instance, the Vampiric Wolves outside of the Temple near Beregost are not to be trifled with. At least not without magical weaponry.

Or without bait (Garrick haha)
    Ascerion
    edited November 2012
    If I can import this character, I could run through the beginning six times to get six boots of speed for our party. Lol. What do you think?

BTW, to kill the Vampiric Wolves, I had to use two charges of a (6/6) Lightning Bolt Wand I found in the manor house in a chest in Beregost.
    elminster
    The game in BG2's engine should have us already moving pretty fast (fast compared to what I'm used to in vanilla lol). I don't know I'd kind of prefer to play from scratch personally.
    xxxsmb1987xxx
    edited November 2012
    Okay, I will just use my current play-through as experience. Was hoping to give some cool stuff I found to you guys though, lol.

I'm scared about the leveling up though. We won't be able to re-load our saves to maximize hp gain per level. My 45 hp half-orc (level 3) is so sexy. =)

Side note: Are you still okay with me using spears elminster? I can use something else if you want. Halberds are just as cool to me.

Side note 2: Can't seem to identify the boots with Garrick using Identify. Wierd.
    Yea I read somewhere the walking speed should be the same as it is in TOB which is good because I remember the originals walk speed is quite slow.
    edited November 2012
    Like I said I'm not the best judge of this. Other than 1 full playthrough of Tutu over more than ten years I've only ever played vanilla BG so I'm used to it being slow :) But yes walking speeds should be better. Then again it could also mean animal speeds, like bears, have been adjusted (no more easy bear kills).
    edited November 2012
    We can play at normal difficulty and (assuming its the same as BG2 tutu and BG2) we will get maximum health every level.

Otherwise if you want to play core the party leader can just change the difficulty (I imagine that is how it works in multi though I've not tried).
    edited November 2012
    There aren't a lot of enchanted spears in game, so I'd prefer you'd stick with halberds. Heck, you get an enchanted halberd before you get an enchanted spear. So you should be set. But because I have my werewolf form (whose per hit damage is not great but I think he gets two attacks/round) I should be alright without a melee weapon for my character. I can always throw darts, knives? (not sure on this), or use a sling.

But I can always use a staff. So use whatever makes YOU happy I hopefully won't be needing a melee weapon much :)
  • MiahkaiMiahkai Member Posts: 32
    I had planned on using a staff as well, after all what's a mage without his beating stick, but I don't mind sharing.
    I prefer Core Rules. It just feels...right? It's unforgiving, which appeals to my masochism, I suppose. Lol. I'll use Halberds, then.

At least we have the stats in our favor, though. If you think about it, a normal play-through involves party members with decent stats, but everyone in our game will be picking nothing but the best. =)

I started with TuTu as well, but the spawning rates for enemy groups were insane. I thought it was normal to be attack by 2 groups of six gibberlings each, as soon as you leave Candlekeep! I figured I was doing something horribly wrong with my character creation.
    edited November 2012
    Yea it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I can't recall any enchanted staffs that help mages a lot in BG1 (other than doing better hand-to-hand damage and hitting more often) but I can also use clubs, scimitars, as well as the ranged weapons I mentioned. So I'm not concerned that much about me. Well, until one of your spells goes off :p
    edited November 2012
    Ascerion said:

I prefer Core Rules. It just feels...right? It's unforgiving, which appeals to my masochism, I suppose. Lol. I'll use Halberds, then.

At least we have the stats in our favor, though. If you think about it, a normal play-through involves party members with decent stats, but everyone in our game will be picking nothing but the best. =)

I started with TuTu as well, but the spawning rates for enemy groups were insane. I thought it was normal to be attack by 2 groups of six gibberlings each, as soon as you leave Candlekeep! I figured I was doing something horribly wrong with my character creation.

Yea I had dire wolves (maybe worgs can't recall) attack me in Tutu in the crossroads area. Its certainly a challenge at level 1 lol.