Skip to content

The next installment is downloading . . .

13»

Comments

• SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    @Ignatius Yep that's correct, I haven't updated the launcher.

Just for the record I have 1.77 GB made up of 935 Files in 57 Folders.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited November 2012
    How does one determine which version of the launcher one has? I'm not finding a version marked on the launcher app itself. Looking at file properties of the various icons for the Launcher and .exe I see version 1.8.1.0 for one of the Launcher files and that's all.

When I opened the launcher and clicked "Preload complete" I got a pop-up dialogue box stating that an update was available. For that pop-up I clicked to install, the app checked for new files, and presumably updated. I was away from the computer for the actual download of new files. I assume that download did take place because the launcher said "Preload complete" when I returned.

I installed the launcher using the link for option 1 in the email I received if that helps make more sense of this.

Edit: Now when I click "Preload complete" nothing opens, so I assume that the update worked.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    @Lemernis: my version of the BGEE.exe file is 0.2.3.0. You can see it in file properties, or when positioning your mouse cursor above the file name.
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    hmm mine says 0.2.4.0

hmm mine says 0.2.4.0

It might have been automatically upgraded when you downloaded the additional content?

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Lemernis said:

I must say that this is confusingly implemented thus far. I received no email to the effect that I can start the second download. Nor that I had to click on the "pre-download completed" box to initiate the update.

Did you get an email about the first download then? I didn't... :-(

• PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Did you get an email about the first download then? I didn't... :-(
    I did - from Beamdog.

Downloadzoroxorz.

• MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    deltago said:

Does this mean they took our bribe?
    Damn I sure hope the NHL stays locked out now or I am gonna have to dish out some expensive tickets.

Muhahahahaaha!

• drsahldrsahl Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    500 kb/s could have been alot worse I just hope you guys enjoy all the upload I will put your way ^^ its good that we can all download now and be fully ready come 28th

Lol.. and I am done.. so much for those 5 mins
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

elminster said:

For the record I'm using the BGEE installer (though I may have given that away with my p2p comment).

Not really mate - the client uses P2P too, calls it "turbo mode" though. Very 80's eh?
    Oh No! CHARNAME is going TURBO

(joke froM Wreck It Ralph)
  • SalamisSalamis Member Posts: 11
    Can't wait to get home and download this...assuming speeds are still decent by 6pm GMT, that is.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Hmm. Thanks for this notice. I had no idea I needed to do a second download to complete the pre-install.
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    So I originally downloaded it from the direct torrent (hosted by Beamdog and mentioned by Mortes in another Preloading thread) and have had the "Pre-load Complete" message for a couple of days now.

I did check it yesterday and it said something about launcher updates so I just clicked ok.

Do I now have to download something else? I can't check anything as I'm not at home at the moment, but I would like to know so I can set it away downloading before I go to the gym later.
    Hoot said:

Do I now have to download something else? I can't check anything as I'm not at home at the moment, but I would like to know so I can set it away downloading before I go to the gym later.

Yes apparently you can donwload 500MB of extra content since early this morning. Scroll back a few pages on this thread to get more details.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Hoot

The first download was 1.3 Gb. We were supposed to get the second one (500Mb) on release day, but Overhaul decided to make it available earlier to try and avoid traffic issues on launch day.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I just clicked on "preload complete" twice and it started downloading the next 500MB.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73

I just clicked on "preload complete" twice and it started downloading the next 500MB.

same,worked like a charm ;)
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    Ah cool, I'll set it away when I get in tonight, hopefully it will go faster than the first segment. I had to resort to the torrent because it refused to go faster than 50 BITS per second :(
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    edited November 2012
    @tilly - You are most welcome - glad I didn't jinx it for you. Seems like most people are having a better time downloading this time around. :)

@Kristie83 - Aw stop - you'll make me blush. :) You too are also very welcome. How could I resist posting? Seemed like the obvious thing to do. I'm sure there were a couple of folks who spotted the download before me, and thanks to them too - I wouldn't have spotted it without them quite likely. :)
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120

Ascerion said:

Whoa, holy crap, is it time?! IS IT TIME?!

HAMMER TIME! Cant touch this! . . .

Sorry. :)
    I just thought of another one . . .

HAMSTER TIME!!! Dont touch him - for Minsc and Boo are Minsc and Boo . . .

Again, Sorry. :)