Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    What are all of you guys up to? I am watching AVGN and defragging my HD lol
    @elminster im having flashbacks from Diablo 3 launch oooooo the dissapointment =(
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012

@elminster im having flashbacks from Diablo 3 launch oooooo the dissapointment =(

I think the difference is that this is only the PC launch, and from what I understand they expect to outsell these sales on tablets (which don't release yet because of bugs they encountered). Plus its not a game the demands you be constantly online :)
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    @Xzeulon

I wouldn't mind playing in both group 2 and group 3... but I'm not sure yet exactly when we're planning to play for group 3 other than just "weekend"....
    Yea I hated Diablo 3 never buying another one ten year wait for that =(. I am curious though on how many pre-orders they got for BGEE I know they cant say anything but what about after launch? Im not expecting COD Black ops 2 but I am curious lol.
    I just know they said they exceeded their sales targets. I guess just tune into wikipedia over the course of the next few months. Someone will probably blab a number out there.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    edited November 2012

What are all of you guys up to? I am watching AVGN and defragging my HD lol

I'm trying to do as many round-the-house chores as possible, and getting my game-station all cleared up and ready. I don't plan to stop for a break or any "needs" (Bio, ect) for atleast three hours after I begin. >.>
    @LordsDarkKnight185 I already got that done during the week =) just passing time and waiting =)
    @elminster I am just hoping this does well.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @LordsDarkKnight185

Yeah I just cleaned up my messy desk and threw away a small cemetery of lifeless Pepsi cans.

@xxxsmb1987xxx

I've heard of AVGN through Egoraptor and Jontron, who host Game Grumps. It's pretty good.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615

@LordsDarkKnight185 I already got that done during the week =) just passing time and waiting =)

Well I had class this morning (Boo) So I am still kind of winding down from that too while I wait...Main it itches. Just an hour to go.
    Come on 3pm =)
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    If you guys need a replacement I'll play a human Fighter/Cleric. From what I saw on the forums I should get my fighter to lvl 3 and then switch to cleric to get the best out of it. I'm not sure if that still true for BG2 tho...

I did'nt see any comment about "cheat" but I don't plan to use any since I never cheat in games I play (unless a quest item is bugged and I need to create it with a code) so I would like to play with people that will be legit too ;)
    I'm sure there are lots of moderators on here who are not looking forward to 3pm. "Dur its not working, why isn't it working?" posts will probably be the norm for the first 15 minutes as people feel the need to make entirely new threads on the matter.
    LordsDarkKnight185Ascerionxxxsmb1987xxx
    Lol im expecting issues for a while I wont be mad it comes with the territory but I have full faith in these guys =)
    elminsterLordsDarkKnight185Ascerion
    edited November 2012
    Xasil said:

If you guys need a replacement I'll play a human Fighter/Cleric. From what I saw on the forums I should get my fighter to lvl 3 and then switch to cleric to get the best out of it. I'm not sure if that still true for BG2 tho...

I did'nt see any comment about "cheat" but I don't plan to use any since I never cheat in games I play (unless a quest item is bugged and I need to create it with a code) so I would like to play with people that will be legit too ;)

3 is better for Baldur's Gate because you don't get gimped as long (you don't have to wait as long to regain your fighter abilities which you lose temporarily when you dual class). Normally I'd say level 7 is a better class to dual from a fighter for BG2 but you can't get to the 8th level then as a cleric in BGEE so that would leave you without your fighter proficiencies and saves for the rest of the game. So stick with 3 I guess.
    Xasilxxxsmb1987xxx
    Hmmm I'll probly play him to lvl 7 then since I really plan to make that my main but if you guys need a pure Thief instead I can play that too
    edited November 2012
    @Xasil I would recommend lvl 3 for your first run through since it will be some time before Baldurs Gate 2 EE comes out then ado another playthrough before 2 launches then lvl up that way for the long term =)
    Xasil said:

Hmmm I'll probly play him to lvl 7 then since I really plan to make that my main but if you guys need a pure Thief instead I can play that too

I may have put out a false statement earlier that said that you can get level 8 as a cleric if you dual from a fighter at level 7. If I did I want to correct myself and say that that is not possible.
    @xxxsmb1987xxx yeah maybe I'll do that too lol, this game has so much replayability anyway I would'nt mind. I might even try Blackguard if the group I'm in is evil oriented.
    You could play to level 6 as a fighter, still get an extra proficiency point over level 3 as well as better save throws, and then dual over to a cleric. You wouldn't get the extra 1/2 attack per round that a level 7 fighter gets, but you would be able to use both your classes abilities in game.
    So if I get a fighter to 7 and then dual cleric I won't get the high end abilities of the Cleric in BG2?
  • lukebagdarrellukebagdarrel Member Posts: 8
    Xasil said:

@xxxsmb1987xxx yeah maybe I'll do that too lol, this game has so much replayability anyway I would'nt mind. I might even try Blackguard if the group I'm in is evil oriented.

Hm, something I didn't really think about was group alignment. I am not opposed to an evil group. Actually that is what I am going to do on single player b/c back when I first played I chaotic good.
    @Xasil im going to try and put him in my party anyways im hoping I can keep him in my party without too many issues if someone objects there going out scouting alone in the dark naked with a 0 chance of coming back alive hehehe im looking at you Khalid ;-)
    edited November 2012
    Xasil said:

So if I get a fighter to 7 and then dual cleric I won't get the high end abilities of the Cleric in BG2?

Ohh no sorry what I'm saying is if you dual from a level 7 fighter to a cleric you will end Baldurs Gate 1 Enhanced edition as if you were a level 7 cleric with the health points of a fighter. But you would be getting the attack rolls (chances to hit etc) of a cleric not a fighter.

Once you get to BG2 you'd still get all of the higher level abilities that a single class cleric would and could get to the clerics second highest level in BG2 (but honestly there is no difference between levels 39 and 40).

http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts.
    @lukebagdarrel that THING in your sons mouth is scary as hell 0_0
  • lukebagdarrellukebagdarrel Member Posts: 8

@lukebagdarrel that THING in your sons mouth is scary as hell 0_0

Haha. Yeah, that thing still catches me off guard if I don't know he has it.

xxxsmb1987xxx
    @elminster aaaah ok thanks I get it now ;)
    @Lukebaddarrel that is going to haunt my dreams lol seriously its the little things really =p
  • KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    I'm willing to join a group and try multiplayer =)

Usually playing a Mage/Human or Gnome(that int buff O_O)/Neutral Good. -Prefered-
    Can also play Thief/Halfling/Chaotic Good.
    Can also play Monk/Human/Loyal Neutral.
    TimeZone Ca East GMT-5

Will play everyday after 5PM GMT-5 for the next week if able to join a group.
    @Kodrak Ugh gnomes, the peddlers of the sword coast. Why that reminds me of my uncle graveltoes and the stories he used to tell about peddling turnips throughout Faerun... (If you don't get the joke don't worry about it one day you will)