Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    But I'm sure group 3 could fit you in. I may myself be looking for a group to tide me over until group 1 starts in mid-late december.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    elminster said:

But I'm sure group 3 could fit you in. I may myself be looking for a group to tide me over until group 1 starts in mid-late december.

Am I the only one who cant play until then? ...That makes me feel bad D<
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    @Kodrak

Group 3 is playing on the weekends, no set time yet..

We currently have :

luke -- elven assassin
    elendar -- half-elf conjurer
    bul -- dwarven barbarian OR fighter/cleric
    fateascends -- elven fighter/mage

• BulBul Member Posts: 18
    @Elendar I should be good for just about anytime on the weekend, weekdays are a little bit more sketchy but usually I'm open from around 3-6
  • KodrakKodrak Member Posts: 42
    @elminster I didn't get the joke maybe one day :P

@Elendar mhh That's a composition of team I haven't experienced before.. And yet no idea what to put in the party to make up for a nice balance. Any ideas?
    I'm feeling like starting a group right now for the game that will show up in 10 mins! Just roam around and try to go as far as we can :P
    edited November 2012
    @Bul Time-zone? I'm thinking Saturday afternoons/evenings

@Kodrak well, assassins have limited points to put into their thief skills, so you could play a full out thief or a fighter / thief or some such.
    @Elendar I don't really like multi-classing as i failed the other one i've tried before, but going full thief sounds like a good idea =)
    @Kodrak I think the party atm is pretty balanced most classes/kits could fit in easily so probably just play what you want, we seem a little arcane heavy but but honestly I dont see that as a bad thing :)

Also personally I wouldn't mind an archer.
    well, only need one more... and probably really need that to be a cleric type..

@lukebagdarrel -- elven assassin
    @elendar -- half-elf conjurer (chaotic good)
    @bul -- dwarven barbarian/fighter/cleric/paladin
    @fateascends -- elven fighter/mage
    @Kodrak -- halfling thief (chaotic good)
    @Bul I might end up being a thief with a bow who knows? :P
    @Elendar I would join your group (temporarily until group 1 is established) as a jester tonight/this weekend if it didn't mean I'd have to go back to these forums lol. But I'm sure you will find someone else for the group certainly before the weekend.
    @Elendar Im est. and that time sounds fine.
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    @elminster I'll play tonight at 5pm EST or so (if it works) I'm from Québec in Canada so i'm in the same timezone as NYC!
    edited November 2012
    @Elendar @Bul Do we want to use a vo-ip service for best coordination?
    @Kodrak @ Elendar whatever you guys prefer, Ive used vent, skype, mumble for a short while. Have not really ever played BG multiplayer before so not sure if Its needed.
    Xasil said:

@elminster I'll play tonight at 5pm EST or so (if it works) I'm from Québec in Canada so i'm in the same timezone as NYC!

I'm from Ontario. Maybe 7pm EST.
    I intend to play some today as soon as its available... :P multiplayer or single player though, dunno..
    @elminster @Xasil if you guys want to start a group for tonight fun we can always roam for 2-3hours.
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 20
    I love playing BG Multiplayer. I saw there was another MP post. But I didn't see one centralized spot for everyone to meet. Also noticed there are way to many people (over one game capacity).

I have a 24/7 stable hosted 512 slot teamspeak. I figured I would offer It for anyone that wants to join a game with me for MP or wants to have a game with other people. I think using voice is a huge plus for bg.

I created a bunch of BG Channels for different groups. Feel free to jump on, just make sure you go to the BG Channel so people know what your there for.

Thanks ( will be on around 6pm est, but you can join now or whenever you like)

note: Admin by name of Lupus will be on to help anyone with any questions and myself.

teamspeak ip: voice.graylinesgaming.com
    Kodrak
    Ya so I don't want to be that guy LOL but just for assurances reasons am I the only one who still says "preload complete" on the stand alone installer?
    @Elendar I'm trying to make a multiplayer to see how it was like. And remember all the tricsk and stuff :P
    yay, we get to wait another few hours... should just take a nap
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @elminster

Do you have a Skype account?
    @Ascerion I do though I have no microphone.
    @elminster Have you clicked on where it says "Preload Complete" ? Thats how to start the download apparently..
    The server lives.. Thats amazing
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    I'd be interested in joining any of you who need an extra player. Just a heads up though, I was never very good at BG2 haha...
    "I'm currently working on my spells and blades, while waiting for a group of stranger pass by on their way to candlekeep to join them."
    Ok so who other than Xaxil emailed me recently? Just out of curiousity