Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

Comments

• Pastor_PainPastor_Pain Member Posts: 1
    I have loaded My Enhanced Edition, but when I click Play, nothing happens.
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    Anyone having a sound issue? The movie intro is skipping and when I create a character I cannot sample the voices.
  • NielsKunddahlNielsKunddahl Member Posts: 5
    If DL client crashes try to use the torrent file. My client and launcher crashes. Now using the torent file
    www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    So, When can we get the Chinese language option ?
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    @NielsKunddahl this seems to be working for me.. epic..
    ty
  • sentastormsentastorm Member Posts: 4
    The game wouldn't play for me either from the beam dog client . There is another way of doing this , Go in to programme files on your hard drive click beam dog then games . Open up baulders gate file , then click on baulders gate launcher . It worked for me .
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    jmanreis said:

Anyone having a sound issue? The movie intro is skipping and when I create a character I cannot sample the voices.

Yeah, had the skipping problem too. Are you playing in a language other than English? I couldn't get German to work for example. Just tested.
    Also, when you select a character, they can say the same line multiple times in a row. Maybe that was how it was in BG II, but I really preferred the original way. Not sure, but it feels glitchy.
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Too disappointed, my BGEE don't even install, not in my notebook, not in the PC, I don't know what to do anymore, thinking about refund, but I can't believe that a game wich I waited so long to have it and trusted the developers just don't work. Sorry, Beamdog, YOUR bad. Waiting for some solution or my money back. :(
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I can't believe it has been about 10 hours after the launch and this thing is still not working. The "new" uploader from Beamdog immediately shuts down and the old one is going at a snails pace. I know this is a small company and all but this is ridiculous, you could have given out some sort of lottery download time and in the end it would have worked out a lot better than a free for all that crashes for most people.
  • TieokenTieoken Member Posts: 23
    Is the game super slow loading for anyone else? My character is moving almost as slow as the download speed, and he's a monk!
  • jmanreisjmanreis Member Posts: 39
    @Marty - playing English, Windows XP. Tried it on my other computer, Widows 7. Not working on that one at all. This is poor.
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    jmanreis said:

@Marty - playing English, Windows XP. Tried it on my other computer, Widows 7. Not working on that one at all. This is poor.

Could try redownloading. My initial download got deleted, and on this second download the intro doesn't skip at all. It really sucks, but I guess the files could be corrupted or something. Another issue I get is it crashes every time I right click those tags on the map...

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Game working - first character created and left waiting in Candlekeep for tomorrow - so far so good - interface and map looks good - thats really all I have seen so far - Thanks for all the hard work that went into this project!
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    To those who simply can't launch the game: did you by any chance install to C:\Program Files, and does installing to another directory help?
  • RRTSReaperRRTSReaper Member Posts: 16
    @Zeckul, I didn't install to C:\Program Files and unfortunately i've tried 2 locations on 2 different drives, neither of which worked. Thanks for the thought though :)
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited November 2012
    God what is this? 10 hours later and my panties are still all twisted!! I'd better demand a refund!! I know this company is comprised of a handful of dudes, who are literally sleeping on cots next to their work stations to solve the launch problems, but come on it's not like there are literally thousands of people all trying to access the same data!

Jesus H. Monkeyballs I took off work for this, there is no possible way I could have foreseen this issue and budgeted my time more intelligently!
  • neokarnyneokarny Member Posts: 39
    Mine pre-loaded perfectly, and then finished downloading today without a problem.

However stability isssues in-game render it unplayable for me. I can open the inventory, move the screen around, etc. without problem, but as soon as I try to move the character the game bogs down and stutters. However as the game is lagging I can still move the screen around fluidly. It doesn't do this so badly in extremely small rooms.

Opening videos are unwatchable - instantly a stutterfest, had to skip them.

I noticed a few graphical and textual errors, but these are ultimately insignificant to playability issues. And had the problem of clicking options in dialogue with Winthrop and nothing happening. Finally got it to work after moving the text up and down.
  • TuscunraiderTuscunraider Member Posts: 6
    OMG OMG OMG, this is fucking awesome!!!! Ty all, entire team that made this possible, U guys are the shit!
    Just started playing, and i can see i will be hooked here for weeks!
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    It's a pity the game and downloader work so buggy for most people. Last night, I couldn't access the forum 'undergoing maintenance', but the downloader worked fine. I wanted to post a 'daddy, I'm off to play', in a Nashkel-child voice. Well, posting on the forum didn't work but the game runs fine. It's not bad for all. Hope the problems for others get fixed quickly.

I rolled a Cavalier named Kostakis and he just arrived in the FA Inn and met Khalid and Jaheira, who have long been Gorion's friends, and he can trust them. To all people complaining I would say: Beamdog is a dedicated team and you can trust them. They will do everything in their might to squash the bugs that have popped up, I'm sure.
  • MerlinMerlin Member Posts: 15
    My game won't start..... Just brilliant..
  • RRTSReaperRRTSReaper Member Posts: 16
    Ok, so after 12 hours and some investigation by @Tywin, I can now load the game (Nothing happened when i pressed play). Head over to http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7735/poss-fix-for-game-crashing-after-clicking-play#latest thread and see if that helps.
  • AlesthesAlesthes Member Posts: 46
    I am reposting here this strange suggestion, that actually worked for me as a temporary but very effective fix:

"One thing that worked for me (I had a crash after pressing play with a reported Windows error which I think related to an ATI driver) was to start the game with iTunes open.

I know it does sound absurd, and that's what I thought when I read this suggestion on the forums, but as unlikely as it may seem, it worked for me after anything else failed."

Hope this will help them to fix this strange bug...!
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    14 years ago i bought Baldurs Gate. Installed it, played it, had a lot of fun...

28 November 2012... i bought Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition. I can't get it, can't instal it, can't play it.

• Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    My download started on 29th, 00:30 CET, then loaded it until 00:41 CET. My wife couldn't wait for it, gone to sleep. Bad event for me, we were hoping to play with it on the evening. :( After I downloaded it, I tried to add the Custom pictures for our characters, but the Manual failed, I placed the Portraits folder everywhere, but not worked. I could find the solution here in one of the topics. But the given file sizes in the Manual and here at the Forum are wrong too, the picture frames are bigger. Said evening for me :( Shame.
  • viespeviespe Member Posts: 2
    How can i change resolution?
  • MindRusTMindRusT Member Posts: 5
    Where are the graphics options? My screen is flashing like crazy, it's unplayable :|
  • AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    Bam Oider!
    Playing Baldurs Gate at the moment, I can tell you guys: it fucking ROCKS - it's awesome-sauce!

Also, I've downloaded version 7.5 of the Dragonlance Total Conversion Editor - I've been successfull in modding 2DA files, spells and items with it so far!

The first thing I did was to allow casting in leather armor (because that always sucked) and remove the "Charisma 14 needed"-requirement of the EVIL Blackguard during the character generation.

Next steps:
    Changing the look & feel of the BG world, for example it always annoyed me that the Watchers in Candlekeep had only staffs as their weapon - I mean come on...
    Even Hull said he "forgot his longsword", every Watcher of Candlekeep is supposed to wear a longsword then!

See you in Baldurs Gate guys! You will love it :)
  • MikkaGMikkaG Member Posts: 6
    At first, everything ran as slow as molasses, but this thread solved the issue for me - yay! Onwards!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7491/nvidia-intel-chips-and-performance-issueswhite-boxes#latest