Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is OUT NOW!

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Aenor said:

Am I the only person in the world who cannot seem to get the game running? Hello, anyone?

I had a SideBySide error on my laptop.
    Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest.
    But it didn't happen on my desktop, which I expected. What is the problem you are having, and have you contacted support?
  • lkukalkuka Member Posts: 5
    not working !!! after tree hour waiting not working, that ist stupid!!!
    back me mony instantly
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    crashes for me to, ive uninstalled and reinstalling thought I am not happy with the fact it will take 10-12 hours ¬_¬ my friends got to play it and I had to sit on Skype all disgruntled :P
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Troodon80 said:

Aenor said:

Am I the only person in the world who cannot seem to get the game running? Hello, anyone?

I had a SideBySide error on my laptop.
    Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.1_none_e163563597edeada.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30304.0_none_d9c474bda3593bfa.manifest.
    But it didn't happen on my desktop, which I expected. What is the problem you are having, and have you contacted support?

Getting this error msg:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: baldur.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 0.1.0.0
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 50b66b64
    Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
    Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4ec49b8f
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 00033ab3
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
    Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
    Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  • HabadelromeHabadelrome Member Posts: 4
    Majoca said:

crashes for me to, ive uninstalled and reinstalling thought I am not happy with the fact it will take 10-12 hours ¬_¬ my friends got to play it and I had to sit on Skype all disgruntled :P

So you re-installed the client, and therefore have to download the whole thing again? Fuck that shit, I'm on a univeristy connection.

• kazrobkazrob Member Posts: 18
    Launch has been a total and complete cluster you know what. Good thing I preordered and preinstalled. Won't make that mistake again. Already got a charge back on the C/C. Wake me when they go to a reputable company to distribute it like steam.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    So what's the deal with this? I click Play and it goes straight to "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition has stopped working" I need a swig 'o some dwarven ale
  • lkukalkuka Member Posts: 5
    what the hell they were doing one month?
    after all baldurs not working
  • alaundoalaundo Member Posts: 131
    Seems many ppl dont get it working! Been patient so far but geting slightly annoyed..
    Getting a crash msg the moment you start it is just plain stupid ^^
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    I launch the game, I can hear the music and see the little hand icon but my screen is completely white... No graphics display.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Aethernaut I had the same issue.

Hit alt+enter to put it on windowed mode, then close the game. Start it again and it should be fine. Then you can go back to fullscreen.
  • RadioactiveGaryRadioactiveGary Member Posts: 16
    Working ok here for me!
  • RickerzRickerz Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    alaundo said:

Seems many ppl dont get it working! Been patient so far but geting slightly annoyed..

My brother had that issue, he just needed to update his drivers and it worked.
  • urbanfoxurbanfox Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I press play and get nothing, no error message, no hand...nothing. Not impressed. Any one got any suggestions? I guess we've all got our own problems...
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @Habadelrome,
    tell me about it I'm frantically going to post to post and e-mailing Beamdog like some child, I really wanted to start playing and me and my friends had sat waiting for this and wanted to go play multilayer but we cant because my game crashes instantly as soon as I run it, I pre-loaded for nothing and re downloading because I cant see it being something wrong with my machine.
  • VukiVuki Member Posts: 36

I launch the game, I can hear the music and see the little hand icon but my screen is completely white... No graphics display.

I had the same problem. Just use ALT-TAB and go back again and it is working. At least it worked for me.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2012
    alaundo said:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
    Anwendungsname: baldur.exe
    Anwendungsversion: 0.1.0.0
    Anwendungszeitstempel: 50b66b64
    Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
    Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4ec49b8f
    Ausnahmecode: c0000005
    Ausnahmeoffset: 00033ab3
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
    Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
    Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
    Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This seems to be primarily a Windows issue (see here for other people getting the 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 error), and is possibly something to do with graphics. You should report this information to support instead, they can probably tell you better than anyone else.
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    Kilivitz said:

@Aethernaut I had the same issue.

Hit alt+enter to put it on windowed mode, then close the game. Start it again and it should be fine. Then you can go back to fullscreen.

Thank you! Working fine now. :)
  • Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1 Member Posts: 15
    My launcher isn't doing anything, and it's not that it's loading, it did the whole getting download info and loading news thing but the bar just says 'Preload Complete', there's no option to download the patch that I can see, but the game doesn't seem to be playable either. What's going on?
  • TomaszTomasz Member Posts: 12
    My cursor disappears when dragging armor from the inventory :/ Cannot play with this bug.
  • kazrobkazrob Member Posts: 18
    Click on where it says "Preload complete' yeah it's pretty un-intuitive and then prepare to wait and wait and wait some more.
  • Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1 Member Posts: 15
    @kazrob

Thanks, it's doing something now :)
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2012
    Mine is still at "getting download info", which honestly sucks since my friends are playing already :( Then again, i've waited years, I can wait a little longer.
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    already playing my bard, like a sir. good night suckers!!! xD xD
  • jcountjcount Member Posts: 1
    I suddenly seem to remember the old days 56 K modem - If your internet connection was jaunty fast that is. Bluse screens of death and the like only wonder why they didn't release it on floppies - insert disk 1226... When you can download a full linux distro etc in just minutes I just don't see why they have to suck this much upon release
  • DLiteDLite Member Posts: 53
    Works here too, but slow as hell. Probably the Intel gfx card thing that was mentioned. So annoying. Wonderfully detailed graphics though.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    Rickerz said:

alaundo said:

My brother had that issue, he just needed to update his drivers and it worked.

Which drivers did he update?
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    My god... what a bunch of assburgers. Just give it a second!
  • VukiVuki Member Posts: 36
    Ok, it seems that the problem with the full-screen option. If it is switchd off then it is working properly.

My berserker is half-way to Friendly Arm Inn. :)