Skip to content

Disappearing mouse cursor in fullscreen mode - fix

Comments

• gambittogambitto Member Posts: 4
    In other topic someone said:

"Found a workaround - start in windowed mode then maximise the window."

Worked for me, but i`m still waiting for some patch fixing it. :)
  • theFooltheFool Member Posts: 2
    I've got the same problem. Switching to window mode works but playing in a window sucks. Can this please be fixed.
    Aristobulus
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    Any news on a fix for this issue? I can also play in Windowed mode but then scrolling around is very hard.
    Aristobulus
  • gambittogambitto Member Posts: 4
    The same... bumping. Till death. xD
    Aristobulus
  • McHardMcHard Member Posts: 19
    Same prob.....it`s no fun in windowed mode.
    Apart from that...i had various freezes,ctd´s.

So i am waiting a little dissapointed for a quick fix.
  • EndarEndar Member Posts: 5
    This needs a fix, now. Game is virtually unplayable.

Sending us to windowed mode is not okay. We paid for a service which includes being able to play full screened, not for a half-assed effort.

I'm very seriously considering taking this to a higher level.
    This is unacceptable, pushing dates, not releasing news, releasing shitty downloader, updating it without making it much better, waiting for hours after launch time to get to play. Being unable to play.
    This is not what I paid for. This is a product sold under false pretense and I was promised a lot that is not here. And I am not compensated at all.
    Give me some money back for this, eh?
    And by the way, where are the new, pretty graphics? I see BGII graphics and half-assed, drawn cinematics.

Get your fucking shit together! You've had more than enough time!!

Btw wholeheartedly agree on the Trent Oster loving himsel

I am INSANELY disappointed.
    MrAnselmoducerinoBenjamin
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    Till Death!!!!
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    Same problem here. I'm using vista
  • DizzleDizzle Member Posts: 1
    Yeah, I'm having the same stupid problem. I'm using Vista, and it's happened to me picking up a composite longbow and some shields, so far. I am REALLY disappointed. I was okay with waiting a while longer to make sure the game was polished when it came out, and I have barely done anything yet and already the game is virtually unplayable.

Get. This. Fixed.
  • ducerinoducerino Member Posts: 8
    I have the same bug...
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    This is the only issue annoying the hell out of me while playing, hope they release a quick fix for it before i get home from work tonight :/
  • vlavlavladvlavlavlad Member Posts: 4
    Same issue here game is unplayable full screen due to this pointer disappearing issue. Nvidia gtx 570, vista 64, intel i7 2600k, gigabyte board. As it is now I'm forced to play this window mode. Fix this fast pls.
  • SketchySketchy Member Posts: 12
    Yeah same issue here, playing in a window works but is a bit moo...
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    This problem is os related bet you all are using vista? and yeah i am hoping for a fix soon bought the ee so i could play in fullscreen guess not atm
  • sandorcleganesandorclegane Member Posts: 7
    Ditto. pm me when theres a fix ill be at the pub
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yes, this was reported too in beta. Alt-enter switches to and from fullscreen/windowed, so it is relatively easy to cope with.
    I prefer windowed mode, so this isn't a huge issue to me.
  • RephyrRephyr Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2012

Yes, this was reported too in beta. Alt-enter switches to and from fullscreen/windowed, so it is relatively easy to cope with.
    I prefer windowed mode, so this isn't a huge issue to me.

@Avenger_teambg
    How do you scroll comfortably in widowed mode with mouse scrolling being useless at the top and bottom of your screen, and with the key scrolling keys unbindable and stuck on the arrows?
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    Haha you can,t really kinda worried it was reported in beta and not fixed.
  • McHardMcHard Member Posts: 19
    Your´re joking dude....This IS the beta...(with even a beta multiplayer).
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Rephyr said:

@Avenger_teambg
    How do you scroll comfortably in widowed mode with mouse scrolling being useless at the top and bottom of your screen, and with the key scrolling keys unbindable and stuck on the arrows?

If you maximize the window it should be almost like playing full-screen.

@Zeckul
    It looks and plays fine in windowed mode with the exception of scrolling around the screen with the mouse. The border at the top, and the taskbar at the bottom prevent mouse scrolling up and down. I'm also on a laptop, and the key scrolls are unbindable and rest on the arrow keys. It's extremely uncomfortable to play with my left hand at my arrow keys and my right hand using my mouse. Normally I'd just move my keyboard, but... You know... Laptop.
  • DQuintDQuint Member Posts: 10
    Just downloaded/installed. Everytime I click on a quiver of arrows in inventory, the mouse pointer disappears. Known issue?
  • JocgameJocgame Member Posts: 2
    i have this problem too, im not sure what its about. moving any inventory items causes the mouse pointer to vanish
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    When I played today there was an install ready, so I updated. This problem seems to have mostly gone away. I only had the missing cursor curse happen once when moving a new item (chain mail) in the inventory. So nearly there....

I have noticed not all Journal entries are getting logged though.....so still some bugs.
    AndyM said:

When I played today there was an install ready, so I updated. This problem seems to have mostly gone away. I only had the missing cursor curse happen once when moving a new item (chain mail) in the inventory. So nearly there....

I have noticed not all Journal entries are getting logged though.....so still some bugs.

Strange. I wasn't offered any update through the beamdog client.
  • SchallfSchallf Member Posts: 3
    Same problem with my mouse pointer and I don't want to play in window mode!

Please fix it, fast!
  • ElDiabloElDiablo Member Posts: 36
    Also got this. And yes im on vista 64.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    same problem
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited December 2012
    If you want to help move this issue forward, please give your system specs + OS version. The problem is well known, simply bumping this thread achieves nothing.
  • SirCharlesSirCharles Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same problem, but i found a walkaround. Try this:

1) Right Clic on the file "Baldur.exe", found in "\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\", then clic "Properties"
    2) Clic on "Compatibility", then check the "Execute this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack2) and chech the "Execute with 256 colors" option too
    3) Clic on the "Show configuration for all users" button
    4) Repeat the step 2 again in this new window (check compatibility - Windows XP SP2 and 256 colors)
    5) Accept, and accept to close the Properties
    6) Edit the file "baldur.ini" file, found in "C:\Users\Your User\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" and add the following line under "Program Options":

'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',

**Try to use notepad++ or textpad for editing the baldur.ini file. Using notepad is too messy. Check http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest for more info about editing the "baldur.ini" file**

7) Launch the game

I hope this works for all of you too

BTW: I have a Intel i7 930 with Nvidia GTX460 video card. My SO is Windows Vista

Sorry if this is sort of confusing. English is not my first languaje =S