Skip to content

Simple XP Cap Mod Question

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    It does. You have to set the xpcap in those files to -1 to disable them as well. I just confirmed it.
  • PeterPeter Member Posts: 44
    Where are those files?
    @Peter I have edited them and placed them on my 4shared account. Just download and place them in your bgee data/0766/override folder.

http://dc353.4shared.com/download/ELKeZtFp/override.zip
    PeterJason_Silverain
    Thx it's working well.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited November 2012
    @mlnevese
    How do you access the original .2DA files?
    @sepotter You can use NearInfinity, Winbiff or DLTCEP to access them.
  • MoobooMagooMoobooMagoo Member Posts: 11
    mlnevese said:

@Peter I have edited them and placed them on my 4shared account. Just download and place them in your bgee data/0766/override folder.

http://dc353.4shared.com/download/ELKeZtFp/override.zip

Thank you! Just curious; is this just a dirty cap remover, or did you extend the tables?

Since this game uses the ToB engine, the tables are probably the same, and I doubt you would get anywhere near close to the ToB xp cap so I doubt there would be any problems with a dirty cap remover.
    edited November 2012
    @MoobooMagoo

Just removed the caps. The tables are all in up to level 40, but as was pointed in other threads, the HLAs are not present in the game, so you should avoid level ups to the levels that get HLAs until someone mod them in.
    edited November 2012
    mlnevese said:

@MoobooMagoo

Just removed the caps. The tables are all in up to level 40, but as was pointed in other threads, the HLAs are not present in the game, so you should avoid level ups to the levels that get HLAs until someone mod them in.

True, but anyway if you want you can still leveling till 40 without this HLAs (when you reach highter level you have to pick HLA on blank screen (which is impossible), and "accept" button is inactive till you do this but you can accept by hit enter key)
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    I, for one, want to see BG2 HLAs back in this game, since it gives incentive to create high-level content on the original maps (which are vastly underutilized, IMO). But perhaps that's just me.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Mod works, allowing me to do some of my testing. I did the award xp to 8 Million and was not able to accept the level up because I could not finish due to no HLA to select.

Monks level 9+ get funny text displayed in their THAC0 and damage bonus boxes when you go past level 8 (current cap). I wonder if it's an Easter egg or just a glitch.
    edited December 2012
    @bigdochris I just took a look at the thac0.2da to look for something that could justify the weird text, but it is the same as the fighter thac0 progression, so it's probably a bug as well...

Also the strmod.2da is correct, so the bug displaying thac0 in the character screen in the 18/xx range is probably just a display bug.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Mod works, allowing me to do some of my testing. I did the award xp to 8 Million and was not able to accept the level up because I could not finish due to no HLA to select.

Monks level 9+ get funny text displayed in their THAC0 and damage bonus boxes when you go past level 8 (current cap). I wonder if it's an Easter egg or just a glitch.

Funny haha or funny bad? (what's it say)
  • reko34reko34 Member Posts: 1
    Hello, everyone, it seems none of you have any problem with the cap remover. I didn't find any subfolder under ...\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\data\ I tried create one with 0766, 00766 and copy the 2da files into it but it didn't work. What am I missing?
    @reko34 Copy the override folder inside the zip file to your BGEE path/data/0766 folder
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    File is not available :(
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    @mlnevese
    Thx mate :D
  • BarlakCWBBarlakCWB Member Posts: 2
    Good day.

I have a problem here to remove the xp cap.
    In the DATA folder there is no subfolder, only files (.bif ones).
    How should I proceed?

Is there any change needed in the Baldur.ini?

Thank you.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Just create a folder called "Override" in the 00766 folder, and copy the modified .2DA files into it, and the name of the folder suggests, anything in it will override the originals that are compressed if the .bif files, and so if you ever want to put the cap back on you can just delete the modded .2DAs and presto, everthing is back to normal.