Skip to content

Release Date

Comments

• dtaquetdtaquet Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2012
    It could be, since it has not reached Australia (Aldaran said so), nor Japan, where my App Store account is.
  • dtaquetdtaquet Member Posts: 25

So, that version on the NZ store, it includes all the new stuff? As in, there is no DLC?

There should be a line specifying :"in app purchases", no? And the price in NZ$ is equivalent to 10 US$, which should not include any additional content.
  • senzasenza Member Posts: 10
    So sad :(

Trent Oster (@TrentOster) tweeted at 12:31am - 29 Nov 12:

We have to restart the iPad submission process again. We've got a couple more showstoppers. First we have to fix, then test then re-submit (
  • KhendalKhendal Member Posts: 13
    AlexBi said:

spajdrik said:
    MA VIEEEEENIIIII!!!!
    MA DAIIIII!!!!!

Ehm... Sorry: is italian excitation :D
    eheh dai dai :D
  • AlexBiAlexBi Member Posts: 31
    senza said:

So sad :(

Trent Oster (@TrentOster) tweeted at 12:31am - 29 Nov 12:

We have to restart the iPad submission process again. We've got a couple more showstoppers. First we have to fix, then test then re-submit (

Ok... Substantially iOS version and Windows Version are both disastrous.
    They stopped iOS version but selled Windows Version :D

And this after months of delay.

Great :/

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    They have a lot of egg on their face over this debacle.
  • FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    Confirmed on twitter that it was a mistake, so don't expect it to appear anywhere else.
  • kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    Well they did not stop the IOS version, it failed to pass Apple QC and Apple stopped it. There was no such process on the Windows version so they went ahead and released it. Given the mess the Windows version is in I would not expect the IOS version before the end of the year or later.
    That's like a bummer, man.
    kverdon said:

Well they did not stop the IOS version, it failed to pass Apple QC and Apple stopped it.

This is incorrect. Apple approved a build which got accidentally posted on the NZ store. Beamdog has since pulled it because they are still finding bugs.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    kverdon said:

Well they did not stop the IOS version, it failed to pass Apple QC and Apple stopped it. There was no such process on the Windows version so they went ahead and released it. Given the mess the Windows version is in I would not expect the IOS version before the end of the year or later.

Nice "Facts" you got there.
  • ChurchOfBooChurchOfBoo Member Posts: 82
    No way, Apple would not have rejected it. How is apple going to play through 80 hours of game looking for any potential crashes? God only knows what they base their approval on.
  • makeitfonkymakeitfonky Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    Release date? Neverwinter
  • ElessarElessar Member Posts: 44
    scritty said:

More disappointing if it wasn't released at all. Suppose we can wait, but only so many times you can name a date and it not happen before the casual browser who might have bought them game decides that this is not for them or loses interest, or thinks "man this developer isn't very good - ergo the game will not be very good either, so I won't risk my cash on it". I would have done a Blizzard and just not announced anything at all till the game was tested, stamped and ready to rock out the door - this isn't making a good impression.

I agree with the wish for a Blizzard-style simultaneous release policy, but Blizzard has total control over all of their content and mountains of capital to spend on development. I think these guys needed to start publicizing before it was ideal so that they could prove to WoTC et al that there would be a customer base. Hopefully the BG2:EE release will be a more polished process, and come very soon!
  • kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    Well one "fact" I do have is the PC version is a major FUBAR, many including myself cannot get the game to even start. They are going to devote a fair number of resources to fixing those issues and with their small team thank will most likely take away resources from the IOS build.
    kverdon said:

They are going to devote a fair number of resources to fixing those issues and with their small team thank will most likely take away resources from the IOS build.

I don't see why it would, as they've been working simultaneously on three platforms since the get-go.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    kverdon said:

Well one "fact" I do have is the PC version is a major FUBAR, many including myself cannot get the game to even start. They are going to devote a fair number of resources to fixing those issues and with their small team thank will most likely take away resources from the IOS build.

It's correct that there are people who can't get the game to run without crashes and bugs, mostly due to hardware and drivers. A big part of those people have found temporary workarounds in the pinned discussions until a patch is released.

Unfortunately, there's quite a few who doesn't bother to read those threads and just start their own threads about the same issues that have been posted 100 times before, sometimes several on the same page, where they couldn't help to see them and post in existing threads instead.

However!
    Many, many, MANY more people have had zero problems, and are way too busy playing the game to come here and post their impressions.
    It works great on my pc. No bugs or errors in sight.

Just give it a week or two, and the most aggravating issues will most likely have been resolved in a patch.

I also look forward to the iPad release, and have every faith that it'll be released very soon.
    Even if it takes longer than expected, I'll be patient and wait, having BG on my iPad is the bomb!

• WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    I'm one of those having very little porblems, but I still take time to report the tiny things lacking, such as functional AI scripts ^^*
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    If everythin' gon' ok I think it'll released next Wednesday on Ipad but I prefer let 'em the time they need to make a nice version of BGEE
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225

It would be more disappointing if it was released as a bug-ridden mess. I can wait longer if it means the app will be more polished and responsive when it comes out.

It will still have the bugs, this team is incompetent
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72

It would be more disappointing if it was released as a bug-ridden mess. I can wait longer if it means the app will be more polished and responsive when it comes out.

It will still have the bugs, this team is incompetent
    Without them this game wouldn't be getting released at all. Would you prefer that?

There's no point in childish name calling. There are so many variations on the PC out there now do you even realize how impossible it is for programmers to develop games that will function properly on every single PC in the world? There will always be lots of people that have issues with any PC game release. Not sure why people think this game should be any different simply because it's been around for a long time. If anything that makes the job even harder because this game was never designed to work with what we have now.

• BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Wolfheart said:

I'm one of those having very little porblems, but I still take time to report the tiny things lacking, such as functional AI scripts ^^*

This isn't a bug. It was a feature of all of the BG games.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    @Bigity Well, the default AI scripts did work,,, They didn't do a very good job but atleast they did what they were suposed to. Now I have my warriors trying to shadowmeld, my passive mage trying to toss spells all the time and my ranged char's sometimes standing in melee range ^^*
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Shadowmeld? Are you playing BG or WoW? ;)
  • qrmzlptqrmzlpt Member Posts: 4
    So is there any place I could go to get specific updates on how the iOS process is going? I mean, I know that they found new bugs yesterday, but are they hoping to have a build resubmitted to Apple today? Did that already happen? I know I should just be patient and wait and it'll be out when it comes out, but I'd really love to be able to know what's going on.
    @qrmzlpt the best way is to follow Trent Oster on twitter (trentoster.) He updates a lot. They have a candidate build which they are testing. Nothing's been submitted yet.
    Go to the main baldursgate.com , at the bottom are the twitter feeds
  • DragonwingDragonwing Member Posts: 11
    @TrentOster: Plan is to submit iPad build and test fixes all weekend. Monday, if build is 100% ask for expedited review. #ThatsThePlan”
  • namelessonenamelessone Member Posts: 17
    Question: I have an original Black Isle version bought recently from GOG.com. Does "enhanced" edition have more bugs than original or about the same? Or even less?