Skip to content

NPCs cast into our world

13»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Kivan may be a "Hard Boiled Detective" but he USED to be a cop, a detective. Evil guy and his own inability to drop the case got him fired, and now he has an office in a seedy part of town somewhere where he takes cases while looking for evidence against evil crime lord guy on his own time. He's a Tad (No, really?!) obsessed. Coran is his "partner", a teen who got into crime a little too deep before Kivan saved his life on a case. He's still got the soul of a conman and thief, but he looks out for Kivan while serving as his spy on the inside of Evil Guy's organization.

Alora doesn't just own a toy store, it's also a doll hospital that fixes kid's precious dollies when they get hurt. Don't tell anyone, but part of the time, Alora plays with the dollies after they are fixed and before she sends them back. (Shh!)

Keldorn is the Equalizer. He protects vulnerable people from those who would prey on them and usually ends up bringing them to justice.

and you're right about Quayle. He's the real world equivalent of Gilderoy Lockhart.
  • Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
    Quartz said:

mch202 said:

The paladins certainly would be in israel fighting against jews/muslims...

@Callmee_John
    Why do you assume that all the Paladins are Christan? and Paladins are lawful good, does figthing against jews/muslims considered by you as a good action?

@mch202
    Why do you assume that Callmee_John was not just joking?
    I was just kidding bro.... in fact paladins could be from any religion in "any world"... and they certainly will always kill thinking they're doing the right thing... like de christians did in the crusades or the inquisition or the jews and muslims are still doing fighting against eachother because of a big tale land.... Both sides think they're right, both sides think "god" is with them and both side are wrong by usining violence to solve religions problems... Israel are even more wrong 'cause, if u have studied the creation of isreal, they used treachery, terrorism agains UK, pressure and the argument of the holocaust(yes, that was horrible and can't happen again and fuck the nazis - by the way, hitler was christian - but still is not a point) to take a land that didn't belong to them in the last 1800 years (cus they were not able to defend their land against romans, persians, greeks and many others nations that ruled that region for years and years)... so... If israel were not too extremist, they could perfectly coexist with the palestinians... ONU have tried to manage the situation in the beginning but the jews igored most of the resolutions... And everybody looses in the end.... bravo mighty paladins! *sarcasm
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Quartz said:

mch202 said:

@Callmee_John
    Why do you assume that all the Paladins are Christan? and Paladins are lawful good, does figthing against jews/muslims considered by you as a good action?

@mch202
    I was just kidding bro.... in fact paladins could be from any religion in "any world"... and they certainly will always kill thinking they're doing the right thing... like de christians did in the crusades or the inquisition or the jews and muslims are still doing fighting against eachother because of a big tale land.... Both sides think they're right, both sides think "god" is with them and both side are wrong by usining violence to solve religions problems... Israel are even more wrong 'cause, if u have studied the creation of isreal, they used treachery, terrorism agains UK, pressure and the argument of the holocaust(yes, that was horrible and can't happen again and fuck the nazis - by the way, hitler was christian - but still is not a point) to take a land that didn't belong to them in the last 1800 years (cus they were not able to defend their land against romans, persians, greeks and many others nations that ruled that region for years and years)... so... If israel were not too extremist, they could perfectly coexist with the palestinians... ONU have tried to manage the situation in the beginning but the jews igored most of the resolutions... And everybody looses in the end.... bravo mighty paladins! *sarcasm

@Callmee_John

I studied the creation of Israel As I'm from Israel, I don't want to get into politics here because it's a never ending debate and things are not so simple as you put it. If you would like to hear some other opinions from a personal perspective I will happily talk with you on private messaging. There are always things that you can see from here and not see from there.
    Callmee_John
  • Callmee_JohnCallmee_John Member Posts: 23
    mch202 said:

Quartz said:

mch202 said:

@Callmee_John

@mch202

@Callmee_John

I studied the creation of Israel As I'm from Israel, I don't want to get into politics here because it's a never ending debate and things are not so simple as you put it. If you would like to hear some other opinions from a personal perspective I will happily talk with you on private messaging. There are always things that you can see from here and not see from there.
    Bro... I just think that any kind of religious extremism are wrong... What makes me conclude that every religion that leaves people to fall into some kind of extremism are wrong. Partially or totally... A religion don't make you belong to a different race, a different race don't make you belong to a different human being, a human shouldn't turn against his own kind, doesn't metter the skin color, the language spoken, or his beliefs. U're free to think as i'm bro... As anyone should... I know that history and facts changes if we listen to opposite sides... So maybe sometimes it's good to listen neutral sides... And i'm telling you, that both sides are wrong since the begining of the creation of your beloved country... And i do not mean to offend you bro, ok?
    mch202
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    What I reckon, is this...

Aerie, Viconia, possibly Dynaheir and Xzar, if he regains any part of his sanity, due to their combination of high INT and WIS I think would be attracted toward science and research of some sort. Where you need a fair of amount of knowledge and math skills, but also get to use your creativity and intuition. Although I could also see Aerie as a writer or even novelist, since most of her dialogues are not about her wings, as people think, but show her to be very interested in the people around her and the way they think about and view the world.

Characters with high INT, but only average WIS, like Nalia, I think the more practical side of science; computing and engineering etc. Although, obviously it would be hard to keep Nalia away from politics as well.

I could see Jaheira teaching, but that's probably just because she reminds me a lot of a teacher I used to have. Obviously, some type of police work would seem to be quite up her street.

Haer'Dalis - always an actor, of course. And always someone who would rather use a hundred words when only ten would do. While Garrick sits at home and posts poems on the internet about all his unrequited love, and Eldoth is trying very hard to just stay out of jail.

Minsc of course has the strength and athleticism of a professional wrestler... although I'm not sure he'd understand that it's all just playing a character and not really real.
    SophiaBaldursCat
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Irenicus would be a University teacher who goes abit off rails after discovering the meaning of Black Holes and builds a machine to harness its roar energy which ultimatly fails so he turns to self scarring his face, sticks leathers on and becomes a gimp in a red light district whos into all forms of messed up depravity based lust. His particulary fond of chains, knives and dungeons.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    If Stargate is fair game, Edwin is absolutely Rodney McKay. Neera is a runaway who lives in a shopping mall, trying to draw no attention by security, but frequently fails because she's clumsy as hell. Jan Jansen is the new host of Pimp My Ride and people usually find gadgets that look super-cool, but seem to lack any real function. Shar-Teel starts a new blog about butch dyke fashion every couple of months, but never makes it big time (low con - not the energy to follow through). Haer'Dalis is the "singer" of a Visual Kei band that spends way more time posing for magazine covers than making music. In interviews, he talks about their upcoming concept album for hours. Alora works for the Make A Wish Foundation and often brings sick children together with their hero, action/comedy actor/part-time pro wrestler Minsc.
    BaldursCat
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Jon Irenicus would be Antonio Banderas as the doctor from "The skin I live in"
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432

If Stargate is fair game, Edwin is absolutely Rodney McKay.

This! Hahahaha, perfect! & in my book Stargate is always fair game ;D
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It's almost scary how much they are alike.Alora counts as the polar opposite little sister and though McKay didn't turn into a woman, he at least had the mind of one stuck in his brain.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 626
    Montaron would be a wily mobster.. perhaps extortionist.

Keldorn would've been a cop in our days.. or in the middle ages, a high standing officer in Knights Templar.

Imoen.. the cute girl next door.

Jaheira would be some media-shy noble prize winner for her work in preservation of our world.

Yoshimo'd be a ninja-dude, running around clad like a proper ninja in the streets of new york and at night, skulk in the alleys looking for people with a bounty on their head. And made 2 bucks now and then for saying "Haaaiiiya!".. the tourists love that stuff

Noober would be that weirdo who talks to everyone at the bus stop.. who you wish would just go away.