Skip to content

Does BG:EE works for you?

Comments

• eksterekster Member Posts: 234

I'm curious about the result but don't have a copy of BG:EE yet. I've noticed that there is no way (that I found out) to see the results from a poll without actually voting. Does anyone know a way?

Also, could someone post the current result here? (EDIT: I saw that at 07:00 this morging it was about 300 votes and 20% couldn't get it to work)

As of right now, 341 votes. 272 (79%) said yes, 69 (21%) said no.

And no idea about seeing the results without voting... tried looking for it myself and never found it.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Sese79 said:

Not until the major bugs are fixed. Until then I call it BG:FE (Fail Edition). I see the possibility however, that later it can be better, as the original was. It is just not finished yet.

My understanding of this topic wasn't whether you liked the game or if it have bugs.
    It's how many people can run the game without repeated chrashing of the game.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Oh, sorry. "Works for you" means not only that. But I could check it before posting, sorry again.
    Nah, it could easily be me who misunderstood the topic...
    I just checked the poll, and it isn't as clear as I remembered. :)
  • betobeto Member Posts: 20
    Sorry about that guys, just wanna know how many peolple are having problem with the game, maybe it could even help Overhaul to see how things are going...

Next time I'll try to be more specific. My bad! :)
    @beto
    Hey, it's all cool. :)
  • skavskav Member Posts: 1
    I got a error when i started the game so i thought i couldn't play. So i guess i had to wait i thought. But then i read somewhere here about doing "alt-enter" when you start the game and this got it to work for me. Have not seen any crashes ingame so far.
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    Bytebrain said:

@GemHound and others having problems with crashes, please go here and read:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

There's a huge chance a solution can be found there. Lots of people are expressing gratitudes over fixes that are now collected there. They're now capable of running the game properly.

I wonder if this poll was tried again already today, if we would see much fewer number of people with issues.

300 people have voted here, 79% can run the game, 20% can't. (somehow, we're missing one percent?..)
    I would bet, that if it was run today, we would see at least 10-15% less people who can't get the game up and running satisfactorily.

These solutions fixed the early problems I was having with the game. Since I updated my driver and baldur.ini, I've not had any further problems.
    @marktheshark
    I'm glad to hear you got the help you needed. :)
    Enjoy the game, it really is special.
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    There should be a 3rd option ; "works but is full of bugs."

Can't believe all this was missed in beta, what were the testers doing with all that time?
  • RavenXRavenX Member Posts: 86
    Mazoku said:

Flashing screen from previus screen, like menu flashing in game unplayable :( + no sound

win 7 64
    ge force gtx 560ti
    intel i5
    newest drivers

You and I seem to have similar system specs except I'm running a i7 quad core. I'm not getting the specific error you mentioned though from time to time a "tool tip" will fail to close off. Changing screens, to inventory or something, and going back to game-play screen, seems to clear it up. It doesn't happen constantly, just occasionally. Maybe check your chipset drivers or see if you have a Firmware update. Hope that helps some.
  • CarangilCarangil Member Posts: 1
    As fas as I can tell, it works - not very far into the game, though.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I feel there should be a third option for 'Partially'. I can get the game running, more or less, but with some pretty serious issues. enough that I won't actually play it for now. No sense spoiling it for myself by playing a broken version when I have waited this long.
  • doktorbleifussdoktorbleifuss Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Bytebrain said:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8405/read-before-posting-master-technical-faq#latest

There's a huge chance a solution can be found there. Lots of people are expressing gratitudes over fixes that are now collected there. They're now capable of running the game properly.

I wonder if this poll was tried again already today, if we would see much fewer number of people with issues.

300 people have voted here, 79% can run the game, 20% can't. (somehow, we're missing one percent?..)
    I would bet, that if it was run today, we would see at least 10-15% less people who can't get the game up and running satisfactorily.

Stop telling such myths already! I still can not get to play because the game crashes before character creation. Has to do something with ASCII-files I think. But I don't care why it doesn't work - the result is the same for me: I paid for something which I cannot use!
  • CzarnyCzarny Member Posts: 42
    Nope, and it really makes me sad and a bit disappointed. I fell prey to the infamous Intel bug that garnered so much attention over the past two days.
    Well, here's to hoping they'll fix it... fingers crossed.
  • MZsoltMZsolt Member Posts: 54
    edited November 2012
    Terrible scrolling not changed, jumpy broken , and no solution to screen tearing (notebook user). The game is a money wasting for me and not play it. In this form i must say they sell again the same old crap with higher resolution.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Have been freezing since launch day.

Still a resounding No :(
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The trouble with this poll is that people can't change their answers as their problem gets fixed. If I had answered on the day of release, I would have said no, but I was then able to play very late on that day, as my initial problems were caused by server issues.
    edited November 2012

The trouble with this poll is that people can't change their answers as their problem gets fixed. If I had answered on the day of release, I would have said no, but I was then able to play very late on that day, as my initial problems were caused by server issues.

My problem not fixed.
    My opinion : Lot of people accept that this rework is nothing, same old out dated engine with higher resolution. Maybe they accept the jumpy scrolling also, but we asking where are the improvements?
  • PencilPencil Member Posts: 16
    Multi played with more than 2 people doesn't seem to work at all. not even a bit. I've finished these games enough that multi is the only way I play them now. I wish I could have the unenhanced multi :/
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    Unplayable for me. I can start it and start playing but constantly lagging (despite being on Quad core 2.8ghz with Nvidia GTX280 card), audio is borked, cutscenes jump and I'm constantly losing my mouse. Overall an extremely unsatisfying gaming experience.
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    Game works fine for me. Sorry that it doesn't for others. Must be frustrating for the dev's after all their hard work. Hope things get sorted out and everyone can enjoy this gem of a game.
  • PencilPencil Member Posts: 16
    It's a little bit confusing to me that the 'enhanced edition' whose main focus was on fixing bugs/improving existing game play managed to create a more buggy, less playable experience than the BG tutu mod. Lol. It's a little bonkers. The main reason I purchased the game was to support Beamdog in hope of some new infinity engine games, but after seeing the job they've done on BG:EE I hope they leave it at this. It will just tarnish the BG legacy.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    It works, but it is slightly unstable for me atlest.
    a) It freeze for a secound or two, and the music/sound turns into a "brrrrrrrr"
    b) It freezes and eventually CDTs with the "zxy has stopped working"

That and im forced to play in windowed mode if i want to keep my mouse pointer (ffs, i cant for the life of me remember the proper word for it......)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Everything is there, I got it fully downloaded. I went through everything that page says. Still won't do anything.
    If i check the pages of this poll. i cant believe the 328 "yes". I think its a manipulation here in first time, to sell the game more.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    I have not been able to install the game at all, or even get the craptacular Beamdog client to ever work properly.
    MZsolt said:

If i check the pages of this poll. i cant believe the 328 "yes". I think its a manipulation here in first time, to sell the game more.

I'm really tired of your ranting now!
    I've been busting my ass the last two hours trying to help you with your problem, but all you do is say the game is broken, and your screen is tearing.

Giving you several options on how you might get rid of that issue, you suddenly say its the locked FPS you don't like.
    Well, that's too bad, but that have nothing to do with screen tearing and v-sync settings.
    Even when I try to explain that for the moment the game is locked to 30 FPS, you just blow me off, and go over here and continue with your pointless rant!

For anyone else @MZsolt have complaining in countless posts on the same non existing issue here:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/162774/#Comment_162774

And I just got fed up.
    Nothing to do with everyone elses problems.
  • serialiesserialies Member Posts: 45
    Yes, but with bugs

Bytebrain said:

Stop telling such myths already! I still can not get to play because the game crashes before character creation. Has to do something with ASCII-files I think. But I don't care why it doesn't work - the result is the same for me: I paid for something which I cannot use!
    Why are you attacking me when I'm trying to help people?
    It's not a myth, that thread have helped many people on this forum, some of which have come back and thanked me for providing them with the link.

I understand your angry, but you don't get to attack others when they try to help!
    And for your issue, and if its just the ASCII problem, try this:
    Move your Beamdog directory to c:\Beamdog

If the game is installed in a directory with characters the game doesn't recognize, it won't launch.

No need to thank me if it helps.