Skip to content

Release Date

Comments

• WakenbakeWakenbake Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    Bytebrain said:

Wakenbake said:

Screw it, I will just wait for it to come out on PirateBay.

The only reason this game will be good is because the original was good. Just wipe Beamdog's steaming pile of crap off of it and hope it works.

If you hate it so much, why on earth would you steal the game?

This is not the place to promote pirating, and it shows an utter lack of respect for the hard work Beamdog have done.

I don't know why you'd call this amazing game a "steaming pile of crap", since any normal thinking adult who've actually played the game can see that it's not true.

I'll never understand why some people goes to the trouble of signing up in a forum just to spew bile.

If you have any legitimate complains against features or lack thereof there's plenty of places here you can report them.

I don't call this game a steaming pile of crap. The steaming pile of crap is just Beamdog's contribution. Which from what I can tell, is a relatively small one. Maybe not even a pile of crap, just a few turds.

I am promoting piracy because I do have an utter lack of respect for Beamdog. That respect has slowly eroded from the moment they kicked the release date back from Sept18.

If I hate it so much, why steal the game? I love BG and I hate Beamdog. Pretty simple.

EDIT: Sorry for being a douche, BG:EE for iPad is out now. My nerd rage is at its end. For now.
    Post edited by Wakenbake on
  • trichoctrichoc Member Posts: 2
    It's been disappointing watching this forum deteriorate to a place where children (adults) are throwing themselves on the floor in a tantrum with arms and legs flailing. Beamdog are trying to do something constructive with limited resources and plenty of restrictions. Maybe those throwing hissy fits should step outside into some sunlight and find something actually worth all the outrage and indignation.
  • WakenbakeWakenbake Member Posts: 24
    edited December 2012
    trichoc said:

It's been disappointing watching this forum deteriorate to a place where children (adults) are throwing themselves on the floor in a tantrum with arms and legs flailing. Beamdog are trying to do something constructive with limited resources and plenty of restrictions. Maybe those throwing hissy fits should step outside into some sunlight and find something actually worth all the outrage and indignation.

I just think that it's silly how you people sympathize with Beamdog. They are a company, if they want my money they are going to have to deliver. Maybe the reason they have such limited resources is because they aren't very good at what they do.

EDIT: Sorry for being a douche, BG:EE for iPad is out now. My nerd rage is at its end. For now.
    Post edited by Wakenbake on
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    So it's obvious you haven't even played the game, you're just a child who complains he can't get his toys quick enough?
    So that makes it okay to offend people and even steal from them?

I find your attitude not just immature, but actually disgusting!
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Beamdog is a company. People work for them. People who loved a game so much, they purchased the rights to make an improved version of what is basically a holy grail type game, to add multi-player support for cross-platform devices, etc etc.

Yes, they expect to make a profit. It's how the world works. They also took on the job because they liked the original game, and wanted to make money doing something cool.

They ran into problems, like every other piece of software in existence. Doesn't make it fun, ok, or maybe even acceptable from anonymous internet posts. However, that doesn't give you the right to come in here talking about stealing from them, which ultimately hurts the chances (however minutely) of BG2EE or future games being made.

Don't give them your money, that is your right. 110 percent agreed. But you can shut up or use some manners, IMO.
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    @Wakenbake

If you hate Beamdog so much why are you here huh ? So shut you fuck up and get out of the forum if each time you come here its for name them.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72
    edited December 2012
    Wakenbake said:

I just think that it's silly how you people sympathize with Beamdog. They are a company, if they want my money they are going to have to deliver. Maybe the reason they have such limited resources is because they aren't very good at what they do.

Well maybe some of us have a little thing called patience. You might want to give it a try sometime instead of pitching a fit every time things don't go your way.

Release dates are missed all the time in the gaming world. Sometimes it's a few days. Some times it's by months. If you've been gaming long enough you should be used to it. If you haven't been gaming for long then get used to it.

• namelessonenamelessone Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2012
    Wakenbake said:

If I hate it so much, why steal the game? I love BG and I hate Beamdog. Pretty simple.

Why would you pirate a version that you hate when you can buy an old version for a few bucks of GOG.com? If you really think Beamdog's contributions are crap, the old game is out there and it runs nearly perfectly even on newer systems.
  • namelessonenamelessone Member Posts: 17

Wakenbake said:

Well maybe some of us have a little thing called patience. You might want to give it a try sometime instead of pitching a fit every time things don't go your way.

Release dates are missed all the time in the gaming world. Sometimes it's a few days. Some times it's by months. If you've been gaming long enough you should be used to it. If you haven't been gaming for long then get used to it.

I know, release dates ARE missed all the time for the new games. Missing a release date on the game that everyone already played and beaten however is just funny and sad. And just because it's normal doesn't mean we should accept it.
  • panjandrumpanjandrum Member Posts: 3
    Wow. It is amazing how civility goes out the window on the internet. Everyone should be taught "if you wouldn't say it to someone's face don't say it on the internet". There is a HUGE difference between civil discourse and a well-thought-out polite disagreement and the kind of absurdly childish rants I see here.

Persons of Beamdog: THANK YOU for working on this beloved game. Like others here, I hope you can get it fixed soon. I've been waiting years for a game like this one to come to the iPad, so I very much look forward to playing it. If this game is successful I hope you will consider other classic RPGs. I would very much enjoy playing the rest of the Infinity Engine games again, and would absolutely LOVE to play the original Fallouts (1 & 2).
  • AsherAveryAsherAvery Member Posts: 2
    Overhaul's job is to take a game made in the late 90's and make it playable on 4 different flavors of OS. Nevermind that each OS has different versions they have to support, and nevermind that each version is being run on a spectrum of different hardware, the goal is to play the game across all those different platforms. This is not a simple port, this is major re-engineering. If you can do better, apply for a job with Overhaul or Beamdog. I hope you have an awesome resume. Thanks, Overhaul for doing what most of us can't do: get legacy software to run on new architecture.
  • plan9auplan9au Member Posts: 6

.....I would very much enjoy playing the rest of the Infinity Engine games again, and would absolutely LOVE to play the original Fallouts (1 & 2).

I cant second this more if i tried....i would buy everyone the ycould give us.....But more seriosuly on the delay, people need to remember that this game was never native to iOS so issues are going to crop up, i for one can wait for this.....not patiently but politely
  • ArinochArinoch Member Posts: 15
    The people talking about pirating because it's a bit late on this platform are simply ridiculous. There's no justification for stealing. I might give it to you if they had stolen a game that you made (though you could still be the bigger man), but just because they made you wait a bit longer? Life gets a lot tougher than this, dude. Heck, they could release a bug ridden version and make money now before patching it, but they're not.
  • Garrison64Garrison64 Member Posts: 72

I know, release dates ARE missed all the time for the new games. Missing a release date on the game that everyone already played and beaten however is just funny and sad. And just because it's normal doesn't mean we should accept it.

It's never been played on the iPad. It's not funny or sad. Not sure why you feel that way. They're changing it to work on a system it was not designed for. Sometimes that goes smoothly and sometimes it doesn't. They had some issues that needed to be worked out at the last min. Stuff goes wrong sometimes. I'm thankful they caught the problem and held it up to fix it. That's a good thing not a bad thing.
  • kenny026kenny026 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    "Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Current iPad build has been rejected from iTunes. We've got some work to do! "

Delayed again :(

Hey says this on twitter an hour later....

"Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Maybe we're being too transparent ;-) Consider this a window into the emotional roller coaster that is game development. The bug is fixable "

I don't agree... I'd rather hear we have to wait a few more days and get updates like this than to be kept in the dark...
  • CoreySrCoreySr Member Posts: 6
    I think it's going to be a few weeks instead of a few days.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    CoreySr said:

I think it's going to be a few weeks instead of a few days.

That's a very appropriate userpic you have there,
  • SofaJockeySofaJockey Member Posts: 7
    The devs can take the time to get it right as far as I'm concerned.
    Tantrums will be forgotten.
  • VittorVittor Member Posts: 18
    November pls?
  • kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    Nah, my money's on January. They've stretched themselves too thin and now have a buggy windows version to support as well. They blew their shot at expedited release so with the holidays coming they may be hard pressed to get it fixed and re-reviewed in the non-expedited review before the first of the year. Love to be wrong but that is where my money is at.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Oh man, if they miss Christmas that would be a disaster, I'm sure we'll see it on the app store within a week or so.
  • qrmzlptqrmzlpt Member Posts: 4
    Anyone else starting to feel like Charlie Brown running up to kick the football?
  • praguepridepraguepride Member Posts: 7
    Anyone else starting to feel embarrassed about being in the same community as all these butthurt whiney babies? seriously get a life people. This is a game that has been out for 10 years. If you cannot wait another month just install the old version and play it. This is an Indy title, stuff happens, get over it, it's just a stupid videogame.

It's not like whining is going to do ANYTHING other then bring the overall level of the community down and discourage the devs from doing BG2. I know if I had to deal with you drama llamas I'd flip you all the bird and do something else.

Anyone else starting to feel embarrassed about being in the same community as all these butthurt whiney babies? seriously get a life people. This is a game that has been out for 10 years. If you cannot wait another month just install the old version and play it. This is an Indy title, stuff happens, get over it, it's just a stupid videogame.

It's not like whining is going to do ANYTHING other then bring the overall level of the community down and discourage the devs from doing BG2. I know if I had to deal with you drama llamas I'd flip you all the bird and do something else.

I pray every night so that they dont touch BG2.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Vittor said:

@Vittor, why?? so others who do want BG2:EE won't enjoy it??

You don't want it - don't purchase it, its not like vBG2 will disappear from the world or anyone will prevent you from playing it.

mch202 said:

Vittor said:

@Vittor, why?? so others who do want BG2:EE won't enjoy it??

You don't want it - don't purchase it, its not like vBG2 will disappear from the world or anyone will prevent you from playing it.

Its painfull to see people lacking skills "enchanting" something you love and wish to keep great.

I want a new version of b2 , yes.

But i want that someone like team project infinity to do so.

• qrmzlptqrmzlpt Member Posts: 4
    So... If you're disappointed that you're not able to play this game yet... Note that I said "disappointed" and not "infuriated and shaking your tiny fists in impotent fury at the uncaring skies," is there any better place to express that and maybe look for some sympathy from other people who feel the same than the Release Date post of the iPad forum of the game you're waiting for? I'm not calling for a boycott. I'm not slandering the devs. I'm not hate trolling anyone. I'm just saying "Aw, man. That's too bad." Sorry if that embarrasses you. I hope that, in time, the flush of shame that reddened your cheeks when you had to share this board with me fades and you are able to move on.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    6 Months from now no one is going to be complaining and the same people who are butthurt right now will be clamoring for the BG2 release. Bored people bitch, they have nothing better to do.

Lets put it this way, you WANT Beamdog doing BG2:EE. See I have faith that Beamdog != Blizzard Entertainment. Bliz has proven that they have no sense of pattern recognition and no ability to do anything other than what they've been doing since WoW Release: Screwing up releases for their customers. And, since gamers seem to have no sense of pattern recognition at all (we still buy Blizzard games even though there hasn't been ONE piece of software they've released since WoW That hasn't FLOPPED on opening week), I have no fear that any of this butthurt being screamed about now is going to have ANY effect on those who want BG2:EE.

I am betting, however, that the developers at Beamdog will learn something from this release. Between the windows SNAFU and the iPad release problems, I'm going to make the guess that someone over at BeamDog is taking notes. If they aren't overtaxed by moronic management (and I have NO belief that a company this small with this few of development staff is), they'll learn something from this release and make it better on the next one.

Since they now understand what it will take to re-architect one of these games and since they now have some experience where they'll run into difficulties and hardware incompatibilities their QA and Dev staff suffering through this will get some understanding of what to watch for next time around.

This experience and the similarity of project makes Beamdog the PERFECT candidate for modifying and releasing BG2:EE.

"Its painfull to see people lacking skills "enchanting" something you love and wish to keep great."

Speaking of Painful...the word you're looking for is "enhancing" not "enchanting". I doubt waving a magic wand has anything to do with the software development they're doing...though I'm sure it's something they'd try if they thought it'd help them.

And your argument holds no water, a BG2:EE release can't do anything to the original BG2 which will remain available on GOG.com in a perfectly playable state despite what Beamdog does with it.
  • Ruckus3Ruckus3 Member Posts: 73
    Damn, you guys are crazy. Maybe spend less time on these forums and more with your family? Seriously fellas, life's too short to be arguing with random ass people that you will never see or actually speak to. Just my two cents.