Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Status Update (December 3rd, 2012)

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited December 2012 in Archived News
Except sometimes the flute shoots fire at everyone.

Hi Friends,

For the past few days I've been busy non-stop within our support ticketing software responding to requests for support. If you emailed support@beamdog.com and received a reply via ZenDesk, that was most likely me on the other end, with Nathan for backup vocals. Here is a picture of my current self-esteem:

You will be pleased to know that it is very warm and uncomfortable in my corner of the office, so I have been suffering for many days.

As of right now the ticket database should have everyone replied to. If you sent in a message and have not received any sort of response, please let me know as your ticket may have been misfiled. If my messages seemed short or insufficient, I apologize. I have a large volume of tickets to work with, and I need to be very fast if we're going to help everyone that needs aid.

Right now we're working on a patch that should address a variety of graphics crashes, multiplayer crashes, and in-game bugs. We are fully aware that we should have caught these bugs beforehand, but we didn't. We did as much testing as we could before release, but clearly we missed some things. Hopefully most of the issues will be fixed inside the next week.

We would like to apologize to anyone that has experienced issues, and pledge that we will do our best to help you either get your game running, or receive a refund. We love Baldur's Gate as much as the most die-hard fan, and we'll continue working on it for a long while because we believe both the game and the community deserve ongoing support. And keep in mind as we develop for Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, we will be back-porting improvements from the sequel into Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

For those of you with Intel graphics chipsets, you'll be pleased to know that Cameron has acquired a pile of laptops with graphics chipsets similar to yours and he is currently working on a way to get the game running well on them. Some progress has already been made, and we hope to announce more information soon. If you would prefer not to wait, please contact support@beamdog.com and request a refund.

Having trouble contacting support@beamdog.com? Email overhaul@beamdog.com directly.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    You do realise that if you fix the tool tip over the help button that half the bug reports will go away, right?

Also, boo doesn't squeak - can I have a refund?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Dave said:

I hope everyone will take it easy on Phil for a little while. I slipped in a puddle of his tears this afternoon and almost spilled my beer.

File a bug report...

• MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    Good work Phillip! Gimme a call sometime!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Dave said:

I hope everyone will take it easy on Phil for a little while. I slipped in a puddle of his tears this afternoon and almost spilled my beer.

Not the beer... save the beer.

I implore your sincerity and humbleness, and you have my eternal gratitude just for making this happen. On going support, back ported updates. Here, have some internet hugs. You deserve them. :)

I was request number 1743 I believe, I wasn't the first and I definitely was not the last.
  • B3NB3N Member Posts: 150
    IN BG WE TRUST !
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    I have a lot of respect for you guys; what you set out to do was nigh impossible, and yet you went at it with a veracity that will probably leave you all drained emotionally for months, if not years. I have all the confidence in the world that you'll get most of the "real" bugs taken care of inside of a month. Once you're caught up (and it will happen), I imagine you'll get very close to the Everest of developers everywhere -- a bug-free Baldur's Gate.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Good to hear that you guys are on the move with all the bug fixing. To be honest, I was getting a little concerned with all the bug reports. I'm still waiting for some essential mods to be updated before playing a full blown game so I'll be thrilled to know that various bugs have been crushed while waiting.

Keep up the good work! This game already seems so promising after checking out the features and new interface! :)
  • Prince_DamienPrince_Damien Member Posts: 18
    I know BGEE will turn out to be a great game when all the remaining bugs are fixed. Hell, BGEE already is a great game!
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    That cat is worse at BG than I am!
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Does inside next week count for this week as its still monday ;)
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Hell, it's just nice to have coastal areas and ambient sounds.
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Not to be a dick but, I found bugs within minutes of playing the game. Obviously you guys ran out of time and/or ignored testing out certain things rather than simply missing them because they're unmissable. The most important thing is that they will be fixed but let's cut the crap.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    Glad your working to make the BG the best it can be.
  • OmegaBladeOmegaBlade Member Posts: 7
    I don't think they are lying. The sheer amount of possible computer configurations makes finding all bugs a nigh insurmountable task to begin with. The fact that they are not very large or extremely well funded probably didn't help matters. I for one am glad they decided to do this at all and believe that they will do everything they can to fix these problems.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Nathan, I hope you don't mind, but I'm giving one of your beers to Phil. (Don't worry, you've still got plenty coming your way.)
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    I love my BG:EE! I can't thank you guys enough for working so hard to bring it back. Wish there was more I could do (besides pre-order BG:EE2, lol). Take care!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm happy with it too :D
  • killykilly Member Posts: 18
    I still love the game more than anything, you guys outdid yourselves, thank you for the sincere effort you've all put in. I'll continue to enjoy it for years to come.
  • IzrealIzreal Member Posts: 3
    You guys rule. Love the game, great work !
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Don't worry, Phillip, we can just think of this as the "open beta" part of shipping ;-) There is indeed a list of bugs, but it's finite, and most of them seem fairly discrete and likely non-subtle to fix. Those of us in "the biz" have all been exactly where you are now at one point or another... (And anyway, from my perspective, my calendar doesn't really open up for playing the game until Xmas break anyway...)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Great to hear you are hard working at fixing the game :). What with language-support patch? Can we expect it this week?
This discussion has been closed.