Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Status Update (December 3rd, 2012)

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    ajwz said:

To cheer you up, here is a picture of a cat playing baldur's gate:

He's probably better at it than I am. A trained monkey would be.
  • CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22
    Ty very much for your efforts. Greetz from France. I love you.
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Running BG:EE on an Intel chipset laptop has been quite frustrating. What keeps it alive for me is the dedication of the Beamdog (small) team, their respect and love of the game, and the support of the community. Good luck guys, I hope you fix our problems soon and can go back to developping new content/fetaures for this one, and the next. Cheers.
  • DaywalkerDaywalker Member Posts: 37
    That are really good news!
    @PhillipDaigle Do you know when this patch will probably happen? Im not asking for an accurate date, just if its expected this week or in 3 weeks or so.
    On a side note, i have been writing emails with your support and its obviously not only you who is worn out by this ;). I declined the offer for refund because i still have some hope left that you guys can fix the problems!
    Really looking forward to this!
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I asked for a refund because I was fiendishly disappointed after the 2nd day of Freezing......but I regret even thinking of a refund.

I stand behind BG:EE because I love the game so much. Baldurs Gate is the best RPG in the world. I think the freezing is on my end anyway, 9 year old pC Fail. Here's too hoping this upcoming patch fixes my issues!!!!
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    i just woke up and this greeted me. a good way to start a day. respect and good luck! :)
  • TeahlTeahl Member Posts: 26
    Don't worry guys, not everybody hates you. ;)

I have an Intel chip set, but I was able to easily get the game working with your suggested modification to the file. My only problem is how sloooow the game gets sometimes, especially during battles (forget casting area of effect spells such as entangle!) But that definitely does not render the game unplayable.

You guys are working hard, and we appreciate it! Sad as it may sound, waiting for this game was one of the things that kept my spirits up during this particularly bad year... So thank you so much!
  • EnnoiaEnnoia Member Posts: 6
    When I am a videogame magazine editor who need to write tons of stuff each month and everytime feel the deadline approaching I got the same feel just like the picture showed. Not only self-esteem, but also the whole body and soul.
    And I know that feel bro. I know that feel.
    But hey man at least you got no deadline, I still have a lot of game to play and I can wait (you know what I'm waiting for? Da Chinese Language Support……).
    Just take a bath (hot water of course), drink some cola, take a look at some 4chan threads, and everything will be OK.
    Oh don't forget to lay down to sleep. This game is good and Blackguard is IMBA, don't nerf that.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Baldur's Gate has gotten enough Baldur's Hate! I can't wait for the first patch and appreciate everything you guys have done. Stay classy San Diego.
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    Keep the work
    Keep up
    Fire the patch when you're pll are done,
    don't rush
    Sh1t happens, nobody is perfect and developers deserve my support
    its a hard and complex work
    specially games
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Good good!

Keeping patching is the right way! No game was released perfect, the only difference between a great title and a failure title is the willing of the dev to patch the problems.

You are the first case :D

Keep up the good work guys!
  • BG_ZeroBG_Zero Member Posts: 23
    I'd like to add my voice to the multitude of "thanks yous" already here. Bug happen all the time, its part of computer programing and all that, the key note is you guys are open about how everything is runnning and are quick to answer issues that arise.

So thank you all for your hard work, and heres to BG:EE and BG2:EE keeping us playing for 10 more more years again!
  • LordOfLostSocksLordOfLostSocks Member Posts: 23
    Great to hear. As long as you realize the issues and work on them, I have no problems with waiting some more. A little sad that I'm so used to waiting for patches for games, that it no longer bother me, but there you go. Anyway, this really is looking great, you just need to do some final touches :)

Oh and may I direct you here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8555/lack-of-monsters/p4

I consider this one of the more pressing concerns if I disregard everyone elses opinion. ;)
  • brixbrix Member Posts: 43
    My game runs without any issues so far. I also like most of the tweakings. I know that some people have issues, but I'm sure, that the good folks here do everything to kill every bug they encounter. I'm already looking forward to BG2EE!
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    You gentlemen are utter and complete legends. I've been installing like a mad thing trying to find a handful of my machines that can run it (fortunately it does on one, two if you don't mind casting or fountain induced slowdowns)... but I cannot tell you what a lovely feeling it is to KNOW that the team is working to fix all problems, and are so incredibly transparent and accessible!

Rock on, guys, and God bless!
  • LeoLiuLeoLiu Member Posts: 1
    Good job amigo.
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    Maby we could all gather some money together and send him one of these?
    http://www.gifts.com/search/product/microbrew-beer-bucket-gift-basket?prodID=125615

Just an idea? :D
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    I hope the verification problem is the first to be solved. :D
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Mistakes happen! Knowing that the team's doing the best to fix them is enough for me!
    BG:EE worked for me then after a crash wouldn't launch again (window not displaying anything). I was dumb enough to uninstall the game without a backup (now redownloading).
    Anyway, despite all the difficulties and trouble, you still have my support and you'll keep my money!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Philip (and team), thank you for this post and thank you for your continued efforts. The game isn't perfect, but it soon will be, I am sure of it.

Good luck with the tickets and bughunting, I have complete faith that all will be well!
  • ServiusTheBearServiusTheBear Member Posts: 24
    This is good to hear. As I seen many people where very distressed and disappointed. So hopefully when you are done they will be happy. As much as I can say I am happy with the fact I can play on my 1920x1080 instead of shifting to my smaller screen and the only issue I have is the mp side. Keep the great working coming. I actually feel like putting my old BG on the computer again and playing that to. Can not wait for BG2:EE and the rest and heck BG3! BG is old school Hard core and should not die.
  • Allen63Allen63 Member Posts: 53
    Really impressed with the "class" of this organization, how they acknowledge personal "responsibility" and set about "making things right".

As a customer, its what I expect of any organization. However, I rarely see it.

Hope you make a good profit on BGEE. Looking forward to your next EE for the PC (e.g. BG2EE, Planescape Torment) -- and the Android editions of the same games.
  • MurphyMurphy Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    I must say I was quite underwhelmed when I actually got to play the EE and see it's flaws. Even more surprising is to look at the Bugs section, there are very many threads considering the time passed since launch. However I'm sure Overhaul has focused on the most significant bugs they have met, and if they had known of these crashes etc, they sure would have fixed them also.

It's very nice to hear that the problems are heartfelt and will be resolved as soon as possible.
    BG:EE is just a bit rough diamond at the moment. Soon EE will shine brighter than the sun, and there will never be need to go outside.
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    This is an example of good communication with the playerbase!
  • RagnarokRagnarok Member Posts: 26
    Bugs are frequent in game releases. I can live with these.

Bugfixes and patchs are on their way.

Bugs shall die and bring down trolls with them. Cheers.
  • BarbosaBarbosa Member Posts: 10
    Why botter? we're all doomed...
    On a serious note you're a gentleman Sir, rare to see such honesty.
    Yes, there are bugs and yes, you'll sort these out, and hopefully still have time for a few DLC to add up tand then start fiddling around with that biggie called Shadows of Amn...go for the eyes Mr Daigle.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Great work!!! As a comparison I would like to point out the Skyrim, more than one year after its release, is still full of bugs on all platforms. Some of them are crippling (Falmer Eyes Quest) and still no patches have been released (I've given up playing even though the game itself is amazing). Instead they release some daft "Build your own home Sim-wannabe-addon". Bethesda is a big company and they've done f*ck all to fix the many hundreds of bugs that still exist. BGEE have 10 people working on it and are committed to fixing all bugs asap. Kudos to all of you and keep up the good work!!! /J
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Hi,
    I tried to send you a mail I already sent to Mr. Trent and Nathan. But I only get Mailer Daemons to fight with. Is this because a high overload of mails?
    Thanks all your support thought.
  • MoonsongMoonsong Member Posts: 36
    Much respect to you for this post. Thank you for bringing this jewel back for a new generation.
    I know you will get all the kinks ironed out soon.
This discussion has been closed.