Skip to content

Game Patch: 1.0.2008 *UPDATE: Crash Reports!*

123457»

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Okay I sent my file.

Can I expect a report or anything back that let's me know what's going on?

I'm experiencing Freezing unlike anybody else, the game freezes my computer to the point of Manual Reboot so I'd really like to know detailed info on the problem
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you wouldn't mind doing me a favor:

Try creating the "crash" folder yourself, and recreate one of the crashes you know is occurring, and see if that creates the file. I'm wondering if the files aren't being created because there's no directory for them to go into.

Also, you're all updated with the patch that was released on Saturday, right? (v1.0.2008; displayed at the top of the options menu during a game session.) If not, the .dmp files won't be created.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    Have some stuttering/freezeing(for like 2 secounds) issues that seems to be sound/audio related (browsing stores, leaveing/entering buildings/zones etc). Once evry now and then causes a complete freeze and shortly after ctd and the usual "yyyy has stopped responding" message.
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64
    Glokta said:

Have some stuttering/freezeing(for like 2 secounds) issues that seems to be sound/audio related (browsing stores, leaveing/entering buildings/zones etc). Once evry now and then causes a complete freeze and shortly after ctd and the usual "yyyy has stopped responding" message.

read somewhere that is fixed by installing ot re-installing microsoft c++ redist 2008
    also, you can try unistalling openal from control panel, then using the beamdog client it will detect
    (hopefully) is missing and reinstall
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    edited December 2012
    Bytebrain said:

elminster said:

Necdilzor said:

You must have the game installed under the same directory than when it was downloaded. I moved it to another folder to play, and couldn't get the patch (the launcher wanted to download everything again). When I moved back the game to the original folder where it was downloaded, the launcher recognized the game and said "update available". After that I got the patch. Hope this helps ;)

I moved it and I never had this issue.
    I'm guessing @Necdilzor may have neglected to change the path to the new location in the launcher?
    There's a new location o.O? I asked the launcher to download it to "D:\Beamdog" but it downloaded itself in "C:\" ...
    Just a quick update--Cameron has informed me that he doesn't need any more dmp files for the moment. The ones I've sent him (and there have been a lot) have been invaluable, and he's fixed a number of issues already.

The next patch is being worked on now; when it's released, I'll post a new thread, at which point people can start sending their crash reports to me again and I'll make sure they get forwarded on.

Also, a clarifying note: I'm no technically inclined, so unfortunately I'm not qualified to give in-depth troubleshooting advice. If you're having specific problems and you want your questions answered, I ask that you send them to support@beamdog.com. It may take a while (Phil's handling a lot of support tickets at the moment), but you will receive a response.

Thanks to everyone for their continued patience! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go to my day-job. :)
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    This is great news! Thanks Aosaw! =)
  • Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    am gonna buy this game when the next patch thread have less than 10k views...
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    There are many, many small bugs which kind of keep me from playing at this point. If I will, I want to know that future patches will give some better explanation than 'over 400 improvements'. Take the boots which granted you speed like Chiktikka Fastpaws (you know what I mean) as an example. They seem to be bugged currently and I would like to know what every patch does to these little things from now on.

I'm sure you guys keep a list with updates/fixes for yourself over there. Would it be a problem to share these with the patch notes? Maybe the last patch did only fix those couple of things you said, but I like to stay informed. Do you have any info on that, @Aosaw?
    edited December 2012
    I'll try to get a better list of fixes in the announcement for the next patch. We have a list, it just takes some doing to type it out.

(Also, I'll be closing this thread when I post that announcement; just as a head's up, so people don't think I'm being vindictive or anything. :) )
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    Thanks. :) I would even put it all in a nice format for you myself if you need help. No big deal.
    Nah, we've got someone doing that. But thanks!
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I really hope this upcoming patch fixes my freezing

Really hope it's not on my end

there's still some hope.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    @ibitato thank you good sir:)
    While it didnt completely fix it, i can now atleast play with "sound effects" volum on without freezeing while browseing stores etc :-)
    Still stutter abit when changeing zones and entering/exiting buildings tho, but thats a minor i can live with for now tbh.
  • JeannetjeJeannetje Member Posts: 1
    I don't know if I'm supposed to post this here, but Shoal the nereid did not only kill my main character but also made the game crash. It made me LOL but I figured I might as well report it ;)
This discussion has been closed.