Skip to content

How do I achieve actual fullHD resolutions?

1235»

Comments

• SupernomeSupernome Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2012
    I make the same question, how could you put it like that?? Thank you
  • scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10

"I will however add that I have a 26" monitor in front of me."

I play on a 27" HD monitor and it looks fine on that as well - Both Tutu and Enhanced both play pretty well on a big monitor, just wish they had redone the icons, they really are a mess in HD, it'd be hard to tell what they are supposed to represent if I didn't already know them all off by heart. Big "lego block" smudges of colour. Not good - but overall the game is fine.

• scrittyscritty Member Posts: 10
    "So far it seems that the PC EE version is a 1:1 copy of the Tablet Version"

2,048 × 1,536 on my Ipad. A bit aprehensive about seeing it on this... About 50% more pixels than HD - and it's not at it's best in HD. I was going to buy several versions of the game, but I'll see the Ipad reviews before I commit. If they haven't bothered to scale the icons to 1920x1080 I'm thinking they certainly won't have done it for 2048x1536

Scritty
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    Fix that font size please.
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    The gui looks great in 1920x1200 with that Graphics option put into the ini file. However there needs to be some sort of zoom lock and font resizer options added. My eyes aren't like they use to be and the text at that resolution is so small. Also it unzooms everytime a new area is loaded.
  • SupernomeSupernome Member Posts: 29
    It works well at 1920x1080. Very good job. thank you very much
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    The UI does not scale, it just streches after a certain resolution which creates all that blurriness in high resolutions.
    As Trent states in Tweeter:"That is why it is a Beta feature (the 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',). We can't make a bunch of custom UI screens for every possible resolution. Thus the borders"
    So the problem arises because Beamdog DID NOT create from the start custom UI screens for high pc resolutions and it will be corrected when/if it does.
    I will concure with the previous members that the pc version is just ported from the tablet versions thus the fat borders and ugly big buttons on the right side of the dialog/action box.
  • BENVILHAVENBENVILHAVEN Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    Chet said:

@BENVILHAVEN have you seen this .ini fix? put this into your baldur.ini file: 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',

I'd love to see a screen shot with this fix. Anyone try it at 3240x1920 or 5760x1080?

@chet Ill have a look at it and let you know.

EDIT: Tried 5760*1080 and its still broken in fullscreen mode. It doesn't scale, but the image is still not centered to the screen(s) It still sits on the left and partly on the center monitor. Wait for android chet.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    scritty said:

"So far it seems that the PC EE version is a 1:1 copy of the Tablet Version"

2,048 × 1,536 on my Ipad. A bit aprehensive about seeing it on this... About 50% more pixels than HD - and it's not at it's best in HD. I was going to buy several versions of the game, but I'll see the Ipad reviews before I commit. If they haven't bothered to scale the icons to 1920x1080 I'm thinking they certainly won't have done it for 2048x1536

Scritty

I think that the fact that the iPad is a much smaller screen will make that a non issue...
  • AzureblazeAzureblaze Member Posts: 22

@enoch0o / @IkonNavros / @Mansen / @chilvence / everyone who isn't @bytebrain :

From @TrentOster (twitter): For PC users, we have a beta big screen mode: put this into your baldur.ini file: 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',

TOUCHDOWN!

Gahh amazing, exactly what I wanted. Fixes blurry text, expands game size, etc. With the FPS option working now, this is much better. Will love to try some of the UI mods as well.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Mansen said:

Nevermind! Seems it didn't save (or was replaced somehow) the first time I applied it.

Looks great - That's my biggest gripe completely alleviated. The fullHD looks amazing.

@Mansen: Seems like I got the same issue (file is replaced everytime I start BG:EE?!). How did you solve that?
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    DerDuKe said:

@Mansen: Seems like I got the same issue (file is replaced everytime I start BG:EE?!). How did you solve that?

Just applied it twice and it worked - has worked since at that.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2012
    Mansen said:

DerDuKe said:

Just applied it twice and it worked - has worked since at that.
    @Mansen: Maybe I just put it in the wrong place. Solved it by doing it accordingly to this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9759/enhanced-edition-ui/p2 Looks much better now (although the menus are a bit off). ;)
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    aarionn said:

@lurimax
    Don't get me wrong, but why should I care and be affected because they made GUI for touchscreen devices!?!? I bought PC version. I want my GUI to be crisp and look good at my resolution. That was promised.

Are you saying that we should be happy with this absurd that for the original PC game GUI is ported from touchscreen device!?!? WTF?

Sorry for rant, but I cannot restrain any more when I read answers like this that PC players should be happy with over-sized scaled GUI because it was made for iPad.....

Don't say you're sorry. You are absolutely right.
  • PalikkaApinaPalikkaApina Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Thank you SO very much for this guys! Awesome job! This is how I imagined it to work for the EE when it was announced that it will have a zoom feature.

Now just make it always remember the player chosen zoom level and introduce a bigger font as an option and it will truly be an enhanced edition (at least in terms of graphics).

Keep up the good work, hopefully you can fix the monster spawn group size issue too and then I can start actually playing this. I will totally buy the Android version too if you can keep up such amazing customer support.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited December 2012
    Was reading a bit here in the last few days and was thinking if i should ever post here again, but reading about that option which was added by the devs gives me a bit hope again for the EE.

Hopefully the Shut down the Scaling will be added as a fixed function in the graphics menu of the EE.

The screenshots which have been posted show that the GUI also makes much more sense without the hardcoded zoom :)

Perhaps it is not a bad idea to look at the further Progress of the EE in about 6 months - one year again!

Gratulations for at least finally partly adding such a standard feature :)

And i really hope i can come back in about one year also again as a proud owner of BG:EE ;)

One question.. was that feature added in the previous patches or did it exist already since the start of the EE?

If it would have existed since the beginning already then why you have waited so long to give us the informations about that.

Devs, you really could have avoided large negative opinions if you would have posted such a beta feature already in the first place ;)
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    The problem with the UI is that everything related to BGEE was designed around ipad with its 1024x768 resolution and its 2gb file limitation putting pc users at the second place of the vault.

To say that we will have to wait 6-12 months for a bug free BGEE with a crisp high resolution UI which is in fact an improved version of an 14 year game with a very supportive community is very disappointing the least.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    edited December 2012

The problem with the UI is that everything related to BGEE was designed around ipad with its 1024x768 resolution and its 2gb file limitation putting pc users at the second place of the vault.

To say that we will have to wait 6-12 months for a bug free BGEE with a crisp high resolution UI which is in fact an improved version of an 14 year game with a very supportive community is very disappointing the least.

That is the reason why i demanded a refund. I was perhaps willing to support a not so final pc game with still some bugs, but i was definitely not willing to support a pc port of an ipod port from a pc game ;)

But that does not mean that i am not interested at all - If the quality standards for the EE do improve over time, and as it seems they will improve, Beamdog gets my money again, but not a moment earlier.

I know that sounds like an evil attitude, but on the other side, no one did tell in the first place that the PC EE would be a quality copy of the Ipad EE Variant ;)

So.. my money still has to wait until it arrives again for the Beamdog Devs, let's just say i keep it safe until that moment :D