Skip to content

In-App purchase of characters

13»

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    How large are the DLC's anyone get them yet?
  • AlarianAlarian Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    I seemed to have access to them immediately. It didn't look like my iPad downloaded much of anything.

Also, as far as in-app purchases, I only saw three.

$3 for Neera
    $3 for Dorn
    $3 for the portrait pack

I didn't see this option. and as I noted above, the portrait pack was also $3.
    --> 2$ for 6 (I think) soundsets.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Yea I did not see additional soundsets available either.
    Yea I didn't go for the portraits... 3 see,ms a little steep. Bought Neera though ;)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Are the soundsets unavailable? I noticed they were not selectable either in the store or in the vanilla game. I really like the new female voice 4.
  • DeutschRitterDeutschRitter Member Posts: 6
    Where is the button to buy all the In-app stuff? On the main screen I can only see Tutorial, The Black Pits, Baldurs Gate and Credits. There is no menu/option to buy in-apps
  • misharsenalmisharsenal Member Posts: 30
    Ditto - Can't find the in app purchase button??
    Ok, I found it. I didnt wanted to start the game without the extra content and didnt click the Baldurs Gate button :)
    If I click on Baldurs Gate a cinematic plays, is the in app purchase after that?
    jep, after the cinematic :)
    misharsenal
    Cheers
    anyone get the option for the soundpack? Like others, I can't see it - just 3 options - 2 characters and the portraits
    i don't think the soundsets are available yet.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Why do portraits matter? I was shocked at the price and wondered what the point would be.
  • AlexMAlexM Member Posts: 110
    The sound sets will be available soon.
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    The price of the portraits seems like extortion to me, considering i doubt putting portraits in the ipad photo section will allow importation into the game, so your stuck with the pack if you hate the default ones.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I find the prices fair, if only it's a way to set the price equal to the pc edition. They couldn't set a price of 20$ on the AppStore, because so many people is spoiled by the current pricing policy, which is why so many developers are being forced to use the ridiculous freemium model.

So they settled on 10$ for the base game, which is incredible cheap in my view, and the DLC's at 3$. It's cool with me, and I've bought it all, as I already did for my pc.
    Stormlightdavemo
  • VampQueen31VampQueen31 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Bytebrain said:

I find the prices fair, if only it's a way to set the price equal to the pc edition. They couldn't set a price of 20$ on the AppStore, because so many people is spoiled by the current pricing policy, which is why so many developers are being forced to use the ridiculous freemium model.

So they settled on 10$ for the base game, which is incredible cheap in my view, and the DLC's at 3$. It's cool with me, and I've bought it all, as I already did for my pc.

Of course you find it fair, your a fanboy given your other posts. Also people who use the app store are not spoiled, they just have a better understanding of the value of the money. Not everyone can live in candyland blind to the money gouging game companies out there that at times companies (like Activision) freely admit they price things not because its necessary to support game development, but because they can get away with it, because of sheep like you.

• MoongrassMoongrass Member Posts: 4

Also people who use the app store are not spoiled, they just have a better understanding of the value of the money.

Utter nonsense. Throwing a tantrum because something costs more than a dollar isn't "better understanding the value of money", it's simply behaving like a greedy child, and that's quite literally what happens with the app store demographic; Bytebrain isn't wrong at all on this one.

You can argue all you want, but you're arguing against countless consumers and developers who have all noted the exact same thing regarding the "race to the bottom" and generally unprofitable nature of current app development.

Titles like BG:EE are a huge exception, and not anywhere near the rule.
    Stormlightdavemo
  • BenNBenN Member Posts: 27
    I'm trying to buy the extra portraits & NPCs within the game (via the 'STORE' button), but when I tap on 'BUY", I get a round window pop-up with "Waiting on the store".

Then nothing happens. Is anyone else seeing this? Has anyone successfully bought any of the in-game extras? I bought the game from the Japan iTunes Store, so maybe this is specific to the iTunes store by region?

me = confused
  • JustariusJustarius Member Posts: 43
    I picked up the portraits but will be unlikely to use them. They're well done but not in the same style as the other portraits. I like consistency in my visual imagery.

I hope they do more bite sized content like this however. BG was always highly replayable and cheap DLC can give you a way to twist or theme the next run.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Bytebrain said:

Of course you find it fair, your a fanboy given your other posts. Also people who use the app store are not spoiled, they just have a better understanding of the value of the money. Not everyone can live in candyland blind to the money gouging game companies out there that at times companies (like Activision) freely admit they price things not because its necessary to support game development, but because they can get away with it, because of sheep like you.

Ahh, the old "you're a fanboy" argument, which isn't really an argument at all, more like a defense mechanism when someone have a different opinion on something...

You can rage all you want, but people like you are the reason why we now have freemium games like "The Smurfs", that sells "Smurf Berries" for a shit load of money as In App Purchases to small children who doesn't know better, and free games that makes you wait real time hours before you can go to the next level unless you pay a certain amount, and they do it to you next time you don't want to wait again.

There's so many schemes to make money out of games because the developers can't make money to recoup their expenses on production on their games, and that's all down to people like you who don't want to actually pay anything for their games.

This has nothing to do with fan boy or not.
    It's down to common sense, and personally I've bought many, many games and apps for my iPhone and iPad, and I'm willing to pay a premium price for a quality game. Always.
    davemo
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Just wondering how many people would have paid $20 for the app (I guess I really want to know if anyone isn't interested in the DLC at all?) + all the PC content? I would have, I got all the DLC anyway. I do hope the future brings a lot more content.
    As to price for said content, $3 is hardly excessive and I agree wholeheartedly with the above poster.
    IMO $10 is a sweet spot pricewise for BGEE on ipad. It must be working as it has snagged the top 3 spot on the app store. In the bigger picture paying $3 for some portraits is a bit of a money grab to me. I payed for the NPCs as that makes a bit more sense value wise. At least BGEE is the real deal, and not some freemium plastered with banner ads scrolling along the bottom. :::shudder:::