Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    Excited to see it, no need to rush it though. Anyway it's looking much better than anything else up to this point, great job so far :)

I'm also wondering, is it possible (theoretically) to mod the UI to make it like the IWD2 UI, as in no side panels on either side of the screen and have all the portraits, buttons etc. at the bottom of the screen?
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    No rush. Take your time. :)

Edit: I refuse to go very far in the game anyway until BG1 NPC Project is upgraded to work within BG:EE. My companions are just too quiet.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Excellent work man.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @Jean_Luc - Thanks man.
    edited December 2012
    I still have a list of things to do before BETA 4.0 release. I've created a bronze icon set that I think looks really nice. It's going to make the people happy that don't like the bright gold buttons. I do plan on offering 3 different button sets: Gold, Bronze (brown), and Blue. Gold and Bronze will be released with BETA 4.0 and blue will be released at a future date.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Can you post us a screenshot of bronze icons to heat waiting time (non-scaled UI if you can) :) ?
    BETA 4.0 Bronze Icon and Inventory Screen Preview:

@Etmain Sorry - only had non-scaled screenshots handy.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    In my opinion gold one looks better, but i'm still waiting patiently for blue version.
    Yeah, I think blue is an eye sore with brown. Blue and brown just don't mix but that is just my opinion. Blue will come out but I'm in no rush and will probably finish the interface before you see blue. Thanks for being patient.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Could I suggest maybe trying iron to replace the gold? It might fit better than blue. :)
    edited December 2012
    @Tome - the blue we are referring to is a silver-blue. Pretty close to iron...same icon set from BG2. Plus there will be 3 icon sets to choose from: gold, silver-blue, and bronze. So everyone should be happy...hopefully, lol.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Heh, hopefully. I do know what you're talking about, I was just noting iron is darker than silver-blue so it could blend in better with your great UI. :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    I'm just a bit brainstorming here, but have you thought about the possibility of adding "bone" icons? Giving the more organic look of the GUI and the skulls, such icons would blend in rather nicely.
    @Kamigoroshi - Thanks for the suggestion but to create custom icons from scratch would take a great deal of time. For each icon you see on the main screen interface there are 4 different version of that icon for the icon animation. There are over 135+ icons total. The icons are A LOT of work needless to say. Are you beta testing? Version 4 will be released soon.
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I love this, thank you! The level up screen is still default though.
    edited December 2012
    @Porcelyn Thanks. If you get a chance please read the 'change log' on page 1. Mod is in beta state right now and not everything is complete. Beta 4.0 will have many more screens and improvements.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Magevil
    Yeah, creating icons from scratch for any game as massive as Baldur's Gate should be counted as torture. Personally, I was more thinking about merely adding a bone/ivory layer above the already existing icons. This, together with a tad of recolouring, should do the trick as well.

And yes, I've already installed this great GUI of yours together with Requiem's Re-coloured BG:EE skins and enjoy every pixel of it. :D
    @Kamigoroshi - Not a bad idea - something I will keep in mind, thanks. Glad you are enjoying it. Excited to reveal BETA 4.0.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    bronze icons are not so bad ! they'll keep me happy until you have time to work on the silver blue ones !

can't wait for beta 4.0 =D
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Is it possible to change the background of the inventory ? the window looks to small like that. If we could add some wallpaper on that background (a little bit like new artwork videos in that EE)
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Yeah it definitely looks like your icons in bronze need to stand out more. They were too gold before, now they blend too much. The idea of the bone color is nice, or if it was just slightly more yellow/gold. It's looking pretty nice when it is scaled properly.

The inventory window being shrunk down like that is a tad bit funky looking. The art style of everything though is pretty top-notch. If you get just the right amount of contrast between the clickable elements of the UI, and the great artwork of the rest of it, it will be amazing.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Magevil I apologize if this has been asked before, but is there any way for you to center the inventory / journal / non-game screens?
  • DannyDDannyD Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2012
    Hi Mageevil very great mod. For me work fine except the borders. How can I have the UI as real 1920x1080 like you? I must tweak baldur.ini? Because for me the UI Work but my resolution is still in " 1024x768" .....

edit: solved adding 'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0', to my baldur.ini :)
    Post edited by DannyD on
    @agris - unfortunately no, but I believe that its on Overhaul's list of things to do in an upcoming patch.
    @thedemoninside - its tough to please everyone - to bright - blends too much... The screenshots are from a non-scaled resolution. "The inventory window being shrunk down like that is a tad bit funky looking." - This has nothing to do with GUI itself. If you want you can use scaled bgee default settings and it will look bigger. Thanks.
    edited December 2012
    First Look of the New Inventory Screen for BETA 4.0 (BG 2 themed):

I will release another BG 1 themed inventory screen as well...

• stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Very nice indeed! Cant wait!
    @Seldar - what do you think of the new inventory?
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    @Magevil OMG Very very very very very very very very beautifull...fantastic...congrtz :D

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    wow looks promising ! I like the idea of the picture behind but Irenicus creeps me out ! if it's not too complicated I'll maybe able to do it myself if you could explain how to ^^ !

Anyway thx for your amazing work ;)

This discussion has been closed.