Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Simply fantastic work. I love it. I especially love options! That is so great!

My favorites are the Gold buttons with the Sword Coast mosaic. It all looks awesome in scaled and non-scaled.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2012
    @WabbitTwaks - Very glad to hear it! I will release more inventory screens and button options in the next release along with a enhanced record screen and much more.
    edited December 2012
    BETA 4.0 has over 40+ downloads in the first 10 minutes of release. All smiles! :)
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    Great job! I love it.
    I am using the Gold buttons and the plain inventory screen. The others are very nice too.
    @stardog765 - Great classic combo - I still can't decide which combo I will be using. Hmm....
  • stardog765stardog765 Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2012
    Ya they all look great im just easily distracted so I stick to the nice classic look.

thank you very much for your hard work. Now go play the game and stop working!
    I'm aware that I still need to convert the gold time button for the bronze button set. Will update later.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Lovely selection. Though, the dragon mosaic resembles more an sahuagin wanting to knuddle a drowning person I think. If it really *is* a sahuagin then I'd suggest to replace the Bhaal icon with the ship icon from the Sword Coast inventory background. Immersion an all that. :) Anyway, that scaled fella is gonna be my favourite!

As I already mentioned I'll be using the bronze icons. My only nitpick with the bronze set is that all button boders are still bright golden, which creates a certain feeling of inharmoniousness.

Edit: Silly me for not refreshing the page before posting. Thanks, I'll be eagerly awaiting the next update! :)
    @kamigoroshi - "bronze set is that all button boders are still bright golden" what buttons are you looking at? they are far from golden....I'm confused?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Sorry, looks like I wasn't specific enough. What I meant weren't the retextured bronze icons themselves, but instead the bright golden borders of the menu buttons. Like the Journal's Quest/Done Quests/Journal/User, or the Save/Load/Delete ones for example.
    edited December 2012
    Ah ok, now I understand. Yeah, I agree its something I have plans for on the next release. Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to make a complete gold and bronze gui.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    Great job! Just few advices:
    1) Skull from starting menu is too sharp for me. You needlessly changed it imo. The defaut one looks OK.
    2) In journal as far as i remember (i'm in work now) the brown background is a bit more saturated than in rest tabs, and it give a bit too much contrast between yellow journal.

That's what i remember from what i checked this morning. Maybe later i will remind myself about something else.

EDIT: The same "problem" with journal goes with map, mage books and cleric scroll (different brown tone). Also character sheet goes with another one brown tone. Can you make all brown backgrounds looks the same? Like in inventory screen.

Post edited by Etamin on
  • nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
    Great Job. The UI is very similar to BG2 GUI which I love :D
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    ok this is fantastic ! For the moment I'm gonna stick to the gold icons with the Sword Coast Mozaic, I love it !!

Little feedback though :

- when you inspect an item, the background is still the blueish default one
    - when you are browsing spells (divine or profane) the background of the number correspondind to the level of the Spell page is the default one as well (can't say if this will be possible to change it)
    - when you save a game, there is still a little window with the default color

Other than this you're pretty much done with your mod !

Ideas :

- would it be possible to add a inentory mosaic with the BG Skull as a base ?
    - I find the skull in the menu too yellow burnished, anyway to make it feel like bones ? (like in this one http://www.csicon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/baldurs-gate-throne-of-bahaal-3535.jpg)
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Could you include the standard inv. layout?
    (your screen from page 5) http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4682/baldr066.jpg
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Very Very nice Magevil!!!!
  • VeldrissVeldriss Member Posts: 8
    I like very much Inventory Set "Sword Coast Mosaic" and Button Set "Gold" :)
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    Very good job again...@Magevil great worker and graphic modder :D
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Favourite set = Bronze buttons and Sword Coast Inventory. Thanks again.
  • mirko008mirko008 Member Posts: 3
    One word. Beautiful :-)
    I am using bronze one. It really blends in nicely and is not distracting.
    But I would also like classic inventory option (http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4682/baldr066.jpg)
    edited December 2012
    @Freche @mirko008 - Its not available anymore. sorry. Maybe in a future release.
    @neoesprit the start screen and options screen will be changed up in a future release. Thanks for the input.
    I plan to go over all the screens individually and give them the same care I did with the inventory screen. I will also be tweaking and refining the inventory screen moving forward. This is still an early BETA stage.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    @Magevil : no worries, it's normal to give you feedback, after all you make us enjoy the game more with your work ! don't forget to enjoy it as well =p
    edited December 2012
    Magevil said:

@Freche @mirko008 - Its not available anymore. sorry. Maybe in a future release.

Thats too bad. The new layout is too different for me. ;)
    It doesn't feel right (too much empty space I think, the old one sure isn't better on that but it's not as apparent)
    Also not a big fan of the overlapping slots
    @Freche - Sorry man. Doing my best to please everyone. Maybe a future release will work better for you.
    I know, you are doing an awesome job.
    Everyone like different things, and it will be impossible to please everyone. :)
    Just giving my thoughts about it.
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Freche
    ARGH! Now that you have pointed the slot overlap out, I cannot take my eyes off it! lol.

@Magevil
    Any chance you might be adjusting that out in a future release? Edit: Never mind, silly me should take my own advice and read all the posts. lol
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Magevil I just wanted to say thanks, this is a great GUI mod you've made and I really like the Sword Coast inventory mosaic. Good work :)
    edited December 2012
    Working on some tweaks to the inventory screen. Let me know what you think....

I made the borders thinner and touched up a few other things.
This discussion has been closed.