Skip to content

We need a thief NPC in BG2:EE!

Comments

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2012
    MONTARON!
    and Xzar. they're way too cool to be left out. (especially in the way they were)

edit: or add an FMT. or maybe a gnomish cleric/thief. you know who. *everyone* knows who.
  • MalbanMalban Member Posts: 25
    Evil Human Female Assassin with F/F romance option would cover all the bases quite nicely :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    PugPug said:

BG1: Loaded with thieves, none of them invested in Find Traps and Open Locks.

BG2: Only one thief whose skills can be raised throughout the game.

Yea but Jan is awesome.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    elminster said:

PugPug said:

Yea but Jan is awesome.
    Congrats but not everyone wants to run with the same damn guy EVERY game.
  • ForseForse Member Posts: 106
    A shorty romance is long overdue. Sure, it's great that shorties get to romance all 3 new NPC's but it would be nice to be able to romance a dwarf/gnome/halfling.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012
    I want a good dwarf, crom faryr needs to be in dwarven hands and I play good parties!

Edit: also yoshimo he's awesome
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Cleric/Thief would be swell, something like Tiax using Sanctuary to not die to Irenicus' plot zapper.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited December 2012
    I just wish BG2:EE would bring back more of the BG:EE joinable NPCs, in general, regardless of class and race.
    I really like MANY of them and it would make the trilogy feel more as one whole, single story... IYKWIM.

That being said, the options of making a new SINGLE-CLASS thief would be great as well: elven, human, or otherwise.
    I don't want YET ANOTHER multi or dual thief. We already have whiny little Imoen and whiny little Nalia playing on each other's deficiencies, for that, thankyouverymuch.
    Alternatively, to make everybody happy, maybe give us a human thief, so whoever wants to dual him/her can do it (and choose whatever they want for the second class), while the others will keep him/her single class, at least until ToB.
    A fourth human thief IS boring, though...

As one last request, I'd want the new thief to be Good aligned.
    Parties with varied alignments often tend to break up, with people leaving or fighting each other.
    Which is fun. Sometimes.
    However, some of us like having parties (FINAL parties, at least) that make sense in that aspect. So, full Evil or full Good (or even full Neutral).
    Now, in the game we have 2 single class thieves... both Neutral. It would be nice if we had a Good and an Evil one. Or, if making two characters is too much, at least one of those (I'd go for Good simply because the strongest Evil characters that you can recruit push me to make CHARNAME a thief himself, to complete the Evil Dream Team).
    Or... you could have a Good, romanceable thief that you could turn Evil. Or an Evil, romanceable thief that you could turn Good. Think Viconia, Anomen and (more or less) Sarevok.

OK, I GOT IT!
    Give us romanceable Alora, and give us the option to turn her Evil, by romancing her with your Evil CHARNAME.
    1) Awesome single class thief.
    2) Halfling (instead of yet another human).
    3) Returning BG:EE character.
    4) Usable in both Good-aligned and Evil-aligned parties.
    5) Romance.

She has it all!
    ...dual-classing, min-maxing, power-gaming obsessed players be damned.
    Post edited by Raistlin82 on
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I like the idea of meeting some more of your BG1(ee) companions outside of chateau irenicus and having them join at that point. Other than Viconia
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Well, we have several requests for an evil thief and some requests for a good thief - so Chaotic Neutral it is!
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    I like the idea of Jan Jansen showing up outside Chateau Irenicus during the big spaz-out and just ending the game right there with a Flasher Master Bruiser Mate™ right through Irenicus' left eye socket. Cue end credits!

Afterwards, CHARNAME, Jan, Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, and Yoshimo can go up to Waterdeep and hit Undermountain for some real adventure—none of this pansified Bhaalspawn shtick. Gorion would be proud!
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    elminster said:

PugPug said:

Yea but Jan is awesome.
    To a point, yes.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I think one of the reasons why there weren't more thieves in BG2 is due to the spoiler once you reach spellhold.

I think most people playing the game the first time would be a little put back at leaving one of their party members or Imoen alone on an island.

With that, I want my female gnomish theif/cleric dammit and a dwarf who doesn't use an axe or hammer. That's right, a dwarf and no axe or hammer. beard optional.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Another Drow NPC would be nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I NEEDZ MORE BRABARIANS
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    There are a lot of mods that have thief NPCs.
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    I want a Warlock =P
    But any ways Skie would be awesome to romance! She seems so innocent! =P
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    They should just add a sorcerer :P
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    A duergar or svirfneblin.

You heard me.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited December 2012
    We need more Tieflings. Especially player ones.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    More hot drow babes.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    + an Aasimaar Good cleric then :-)
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    Xvarts and gibberlings. Full romance options.

Oh, okay, githyanki and githzerai too. Fully romanceable by each other and by the xvarts and gibberlings.

Silver swords for everyone!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    edited December 2012
    Don't forget the female Ogre NPC and a romance to go along with it
  • HesseHesse Member Posts: 27
    Please bring back Shar-Teel to BG2:EE. She could be the fighter/thief like @Grulo suggested. She's the best :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Where's the option for "all of the above"?

One of BG2's biggest flaws is its lack of NPC thieves. Any number of new NPC thieves (whether imported from BG1 or newly created) would be welcome.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Evil human thief, please. Gender and romance doesn't matter, but there are enough elves and not enough evil NPCs. I'd also take Montaron any time; best with Xzar. It only takes a little change since both are already in the game. Just change the quest outcome to Xzar reviving Montaron when you return the body and voila - evil and thief problem solved.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Long time out, but i'm back.

I would love to see a continue for Skie roleplay, but as everyone knows, old content can't be messed, unfortunally.

i would like a pure thief female, she could be a halfling or even Dwarven, so we could extend the romance options.

For the barbarian suggestion, if for any reason the devs make a redemption path for Dorn (urgh!!! Hate redemptions, corruption is better XD), a barbarian kit will be mandatory for him, to replace the blackguard kit.