Skip to content

Pre-Order FAQ

Comments

• PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Sebastian said:

Hi,

if I preorder the game and the boxed version is released, will I get a discount for it instead of the digital version?

We're hesitant to make this an official policy, but if and when this situation arises, contact us and we'll see what we can do.
  • XenowarXenowar Member Posts: 21
    Will there be a Steam version?
  • ksatirliksatirli Member Posts: 1
    Xenowar said:

Will there be a Steam version?

and if so: will it be part of SteamPlay; e.g.: work on both Mac and Windows?

We can't comment on a Steam version at this time. What I can say is that BG:EE is temporarily exclusive to Beamdog.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    Sebastian said:

Hi,

if I preorder the game and the boxed version is released, will I get a discount for it instead of the digital version?

When it comes to Polish version, I talked with the CEO of CD Projekt RED - the used to be a game publisher and they translated BG to Polish - he said tah they would let you to use their translations in BG:EE. Are you in touch with them or the translation is a property of WotC\Atari?

If Polish is not ready for the time of the release it will be a free update when it is. We are adding a lot of new languages but not all will be ready for September 18th.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2012
    I can't preorder, because beamdog won't send email confirmation. Already tried twice. And no, it's not in the spam folder.

EDIT: I may have solved my own problem by downloading the client. Thanks anyway.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Will it require an Internet connection (after the download, obviously)?
    After the game has been set up it can be played offline.

I can't preorder, because beamdog won't send email confirmation. Already tried twice. And no, it's not in the spam folder.

PM me your email.
  • HawkHawk Member Posts: 3
    Phil you convincing monster, you just made me pre-order the game with your facebook pushiness.
  • XenowarXenowar Member Posts: 21

We can't comment on a Steam version at this time. What I can say is that BG:EE is temporarily exclusive to Beamdog.

If there would be a Steam version in the future, would we be able to activate an already purchased version there? (because I would like to pre-order, but I want to avoid purchasing it twice)

• BellBell Member Posts: 3
    Come owwwwnnnnnnn collector's edition!
  • meuheymeuhey Member Posts: 4
    I ask the same as xenowar, I am waiting for an answer before buying
  • SagaNSagaN Member Posts: 6
    Why is the game twice the price to PC users ? I still have the original, paid for it then, now must pay twice what other platforms are going to pay ?
  • MephistoSatanDevilMephistoSatanDevil Member Posts: 6
    Will Chinese be available at the release ?
    Xenowar said:

If there would be a Steam version in the future, would we be able to activate an already purchased version there? (because I would like to pre-order, but I want to avoid purchasing it twice

If we come to Steam in the future we would try to make this happen. Due to the complexities of licensing and distribution, I can't say that yes it will happen. But we would prefer that it ended up this way.
    SagaN said:

Why is the game twice the price to PC users ? I still have the original, paid for it then, now must pay twice what other platforms are going to pay ?

The PC and Mac versions contain all of the new content. iPad and Android have some of the content as in-app purchases. If you buy all of the DLC on iPad or Android, the end price matches that of the PC version.

Will Chinese be available at the release ?

We are hopeful that it will be. If Chinese language text doesn't ship on release day, it will be included as a free update in the future.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

PM me your email.
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I managed to solve my problem by downloading the Beamdog client. And then the email confimation finally appeared in my spam folder. I have the pre-purchase bought and waiting for me in my Beamdog client now. Maybe it's just that the Beamdog system is overloaded with a great multitude of people creating acccounts so they can pre-purchase BG:EE...that would be a good thing.

You guys are great! Thank you so much for giving this gift to the BG community.
    Good catch.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    ''The PC and Mac versions contain all of the new content. iPad and Android have some of the content as in-app purchases. If you buy all of the DLC on iPad or Android, the end price matches that of the PC version.''

Nice nice, I will consider buying an Android.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    Hmm, was a little to enthusiastic: pre-ordered the PC version, while I have a Mac... Ah, what is +$18 worth for 14 years waiting and 80+ hours gameplay? Can I change it to a gift-version? I have a friend who is not nearly as fanatic as I am, who (still (silly bugger)) runs windows? Or do I just have to spent the extra $18 (it's worth it, if it helps de devs making BG3!).
  • stecavastecava Member Posts: 24
    Hi there, just one question:
    BG EE. Will include all the expansions set of baldur s gate classic version?
    Email support@beamdog.com and I'll get you sorted out.
    BG:EE includes Tales of the Sword Coast by default.
  • NimzNimz Member Posts: 44
    pre-ordered :)
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Pre-ordered the hell out of that. Where's my badge?
  • stecavastecava Member Posts: 24

BG:EE includes Tales of the Sword Coast by default.

GREAT thank you very much!