Skip to content

The most ridiculous stats you have rolled for a Baldur's Gate character?

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    10str
    9dex
    7 con
    9 int
    11 wis
    7cha
    (The most ridiculous stats)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    etagloc said:

10str
    9dex
    7 con
    9 int
    11 wis
    7cha
    (The most ridiculous stats)

I was under the impression that the game keeps you at a minimum of 75.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    A 98 was my best.

Which works out to the following for my gnome illusionist/cleric

STR: 18
    DEX: 18
    CON: 18
    INT: 19
    WIS: 17
    CHA: 8
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    19/93

Best i rolled for a Kensai. Really hard to roll over 92-93 with a fighter, seeing as their caps are very low in most attributes.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    decado said:

A 98 was my best.

Which works out to the following for my gnome illusionist/cleric

STR: 18
    INT: 19
    CHA: 8

Also to add once BG2:EE rolls around and a certain ring has been acquired stats will look like this;

STR: 19
    DEX: 19
    CON: 19
    INT: 20
    WIS: 20
    CHA: 18

Which is just madness.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    @elminster
    it was only a joke ; )
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    etagloc said:

@elminster
    it was only a joke ; )

Yea I was having a debate in my head about whether or not I may have just ruined your joke. Then I was like, "fuck it, I've made the comment and I'm sticking to it" :)
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    My very first character was a human fighter with these stats:

STR: 18/00
    INT: 10
    WIS: 7
    CHA: 18

The crazy thing was I got those stats in only around 7 re-rolls. To date, I've never had a character that lucky. I mean, 89 certainly isn't the highest, but it's pretty impressive for my class/race (minimums are all 3 except strength at 9), and the 1% chance of the /00 strength just blew my mind.

He was basically a one man murdering machine. I had him solo the gnoll stronghold around level 3 (I think), to see if I could. Well, the narrow passageway made that easy, but it was still a lot of fun!
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    I rolled a 97 for my human sorcerer when I first played BG2 kinda made me mad beings what the sorcerer has no primary attribute and can blast through the entire game just as easily with a roll of 50. That was the first character I completed BG2 with, great memories.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    The best I've ever rolled was for my BG2 Sorcerer, IIRC.

DEX: 16
    CON: 16
    CHA: 13
    STR: 17
    INT: 17

Not sure why I allocated stats like that, to be honest. I was young. >_>
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

Not VERY ridiculous, but it's a 96 nonetheless. And this is of course the stat roll of my newly created character. It's with a paladin, the Strength score was just 18/19 though, which is a shame. But a 96 is a 96.

I'm funny - I would have wanted to seriously re-think my class with this one, which is why I wish it was STATS, then CLASS. When I roll Pen & Paper, the dice sometimes change my mind.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Member Posts: 25
    Half elf Clerk/Mage

The song "i had the time of my life" poped into my head with time being replace by roll!

-Endure, in enduring grow strong.
  • DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    While paladins may get higher averages on average, I find Rangers (and equivalently Ranger/Clerics) get the most *playable* rolls, as they aren't limited to 17 or higher charisma. My half-elven cleric/rangers regularly get 90+ rolls in only a few tries.
  • MadaeMadae Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2012
    Mera said:

I hate spending time rolling dice instead of playing so what I usually do is enable cheats and Ctrl-Shift 8 to get 18 everywhere. I then lower the stats to get something I consider "standard" for the type of character I'm playing.
    I probably always end up with very slightly overpowered characters but I've always resisted the temptation to leave like that to get a broken char.

For non-fighter type characters, I always did this. As a Fighter though I would always want an 18/## strength score, so I would have to do the rolls normally for something I found acceptable (and avoid feeling like I cheated for the 18/00). If I played a Cleric or Mage or something that I feel didn't need a high strength, I would just use the quick cheat and lower stats to something appropriate. Feeling like I cheated the game never really bothered me either - I just considered it as saving myself the time and headache of clicking that stupid reroll button a million times for a score I knew I would wait for anyway because I'm compulsive about that sort of thing. hehe.

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Getting stuff beyond 95 is an Enigma to me...though my current 'Paladin' got *erm..check* 94 in 'her' 21th roll *hooozaah*! Tried my bg1-bg2 experimental character (dual fighter/cleric) but couldn't get any higher than 90 after 40minutes. The latter is more important to me, cause all healer in BG2 just suck (sorry) or are good but their combat sucks. And having a Grandmastery(patched ) decent healer with ridiculous fighting abilities and Crom Faeyr...nuff said.

And after I got some decent response in help, I really don't care anymore, what 18/xx strength I roll...cause the book boosts you nonetheless to 19.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    For my True Neutral Human Fighter:

18/90

The good thing with this build is I can dual my Fighter to a Thief, Cleric or Druid builds near the end of the game, to later play in BG2EE
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Holy shit i just rolled a 98 after 1 hour with a Kensai (who has the lowest overall caps)!!! Only 18/38 str but who cares, tome of strength will fix it eventually. P.S. i'm playing BGT atm, about to start a no reload challenge.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited December 2012
    Though I already posted this guy, I shall post him again as he reached level 6 rogue and just dualed to a mage:

I stopped my thieving skills at 85 detect traps, 70 open locks, 20 hide, 20 move silently, 45 set traps, and the dex +1 tome will add +5 to each one.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Mungri said:

Though I already posted this guy, I shall post him again as he reached level 6 rogue and just dualed to a mage:

http://i.imgur.com/HmFV4.png

I stopped my thieving skills at 85 detect traps, 70 open locks, 20 hide, 20 move silently, 45 set traps, and the dex +1 tome will add +5 to each one.

Lawful evil... and wielding Neera's staff. I wonder how you got it :P
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Oh, I actually just added her to my group, took all her stuff then kicked her. The only person I've killed so far is Firebead ... Oh right, and then I had Khalid kill Jaheira, and then I killed Khalid, and thats it I swear!!!

Maybe now you know too much ... yoink, eat my wakisashi in your back.
  • VarkalasVarkalas Member Posts: 24
    Just rolled this after 30+ hours of attempts. Elven mages have terrible stat rolls.

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    30+ hours? wow.. !!! Well, my best BGEE roll so far (for a half-elf Sorceress) was 95, but it "just" took about 40 mins. - really bad thing was that during that time, I rolled 3x94s and 4x92s, too and somehow I really often seem to get 13s in every stat during rolling, too OoO.. now if those 13s just could be 16s, 17s or 18s :) ...
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I like to think every rolled set of scores equates to another bhaalspawn somewhere else in the Realms. So if u spend 30 hours rolling then bhaal was quite the lady's man in your universe lol
  • OssoryOssory Member Posts: 56
    Personal Best - my 16,83 avg mage ;)

Sorry for the indecipherable language :P
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I think 96 total was my personal best in the original but can't recall which class - I usually won't accept anything below 86 unless I am playing under a self inflicted rolling rule of some sort or the class doesn't require multiple high attributtes...

For BG:EE my best so far is an elf FMT with 90 (18/50, 19, 16, 18,11,8) - at the moment she is just getting started on what I hope is a no reload run (core) but upon death she may continue on in a Minimum reload campaign (reload on death or bug only) .
  • KillorKillor Member Posts: 7
    Rolled a 101 (16,833 avg) half-elf bard yesterday. Don't think I've even rolled higher than 95 ever before.

http://db.tt/UwgzpdJQ
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I rolled a 18/50, 18, 18, 11, 18, 18 on a Cavalier two nights ago.

Still at level 1 with a save in candlekeep as I hadn't really intended on playing that character just playing with the character creation, but I couldn't not save those stats so I think I'll play it anyway.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Playing a Fighter who will dual to a Mage in BG2:EE

And it felt like cheating after having hit "reroll" for the 5 minutes it took to get those. I'm trying a new style of tactical gameplay- not min-maxing as hardcore as I used to, so that the regular content is harder.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    So yeah, rolling a 100/81 total for a Cleric/Ranger?

Takes a tenth of the time it takes to roll a 99 for a Fighter/Mage/Thief. Who knew?
  • liquidken420liquidken420 Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased & currently downloading the EE, but on my original playthrough back in the day, my fighter started out with the following stats. Quite symmetrical imho.
    18/77