Skip to content

The Tale of Baldur's Gate - Told by the BG EE Community

Comments

• marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    Both the assailant and the fight that just took place are removed from his mind as he follows the crimson line in his hand. Instead, an eerie feeling of accomplishment seems to rise, as does the horror of the realization he's crowing over the death of a human being.
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited December 2012
    He rushes out of the bunkhouse. Still in shock he barely notices his tutor amongst all the other monks dressed in green coming over to him with a concerned look on his face.

ooc: [ugh. I forgot what that guy's name was... so what alignment is Abdel or do we figure that out as we go?]
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    OOC: [That's it! I think I almost got it right too. I should trust myself more. How do you do the green text thing? And Italics, I want to know how to do that too.]
    Post edited by Tresset on
    lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    "He's dead whoever he is... He lunged at me with a knife! Oh Karan, what is happening to this place?!" said Abdel, his voice steadying as he already began to calm down.

OOC:[If I ever say "Abdahn" instead of "Abdel" its because that is the name of the monk I played BG2 as. I almost made that mistake just now.]
    lolien
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    Abdel went to the baracks to deliver the bolts to Fuller. Noticing he had no weapon in his hand, Fuller gave Abdel his father's old dagger, along with a tall tale involving a hobgoblin, and wished him well on his journey.

OOC: [May as well get that thing since he specializes in daggers I figure.]
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Abdel ponders to himself on what to do now "well, I did promise Reevor yesterday that I'd clear out those rats. I guess I better just go deal with it." Abdel leaves the barracks and walks in the direction of the eastern storehouse.

OCC: Woops LOL. Hey in my defence they are both dwarves with R starting names :D
    Post edited by elminster on
    lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
    OOC: @Elminster yeah you do meet Reiltar in Candlekeep but a lot of other stuff happens first...lol
    lolien
    lolien
    Aristilliuselminsterlolien
  • LordOdesseironLordOdesseiron Member Posts: 11
    "Thank you, Gatewarden, but I'm afraid I have urgent business with Reevor, and you know how he gets. I'll be back later." Abdel quickly walks towards the Storehouse before being stopped short by Jondalar.
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    lolien
    Abdel goes to battle against the highly unusual berserker rats of candlekeep which attack all who enter their territory on sight (excluding cats). After making short work of them he ponders how Candlekeep managed to produce such odd cratures...
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    Fina92lolien
  • LordOdesseironLordOdesseiron Member Posts: 11
    As he leaves, Abdel walks straight into Reevor, "Oh sor..." "Your chatterins startin to wear on me nerves! Just take yer 5 gold and leave!" Abdel runs away to the temple of Oghma before either Reevor or Jondalar can catch him.
    lolien
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    "These walls contain the worlds knowledge," says the priest. Abdel asks to browse his wares, and thinking of the coming journey, purchases a potion of healing."Uh oh, Dreppin is giving me that look now, better see what he wants," he mutters.
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    Dreppin says his cow is sick from eating bits of Pylidia's books which she keeps leaving in the hay. Abdel gives him the potion of antidote and finds yet another book in the hay. "Probably should take this back to her, but first I should say goodbye to Parda in the priest quarters." he thinks.
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    lolien
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    The dagger that once belonged to Fuller's father, stabber of hobgoblin back, feels light in Abdel's hand. "I don't recognize you!" Abdel cries. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    OOC: To italicize, wrap text in <i>text</i> elements. Bold and underlined are similar: <b>text</b> and <u>text</u>.

You can also do one of my favorites: <small>text</small> but note that it resets font color so you'd have to put your font color element inside.

Use <font color="[color]">text</font> to color text. Replace [color] with either '#' followed by a hexadecimal RGB value (this text is color="#345678", extreme examples: #FF0000, #00FF00, #0000FF) or a color name (the example was color="pink"). You may need to experiment.

Hope that helps with some fancier formatting should you like!
    Tresset[Deleted User]elminsterlolien
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Abdel, still unaccustomed to killing men despite his previous bloodbath with Carbos, flees the priests quarters, nearly knocking over the approaching Parda as he does so.
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    Parda notices a scratch above Abdel's brow. Even though this came from the berserk rats and not Shank, Abdel tells Parda "There was a man in there who smelled like the stables and he tried to kill me!"

OOC: I figure that the scratch had to come from a crazy rat since shank and carbos didn't get a chance to hurt Abdel
    lolien
    edited December 2012
    Parda's expression darkens. "Hurry, then, child. Equ…er, go join Gorion on the steps of the library… I had a sense something like this might happen."

OOC: I'll be MIA for a bit; I'm trying to actually play the game tonight, as a hapless gnome cleric/thief trying to see how far I can solo.
    lolien
    lolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    OOC: never mind. Ninja'd.
    lolien
    Shandyr said:

OOC: I actually play the game besides this so I know the dialogues. Haha. Does that make me a freak? :D

OOC: Heh, when in doubt I just fire up Near Infinity and rummage through the dialogue files. I just noticed before closing it down that I was actually in my (classic) BG1+TotSC directory, though I imagine most of those dialogues remain as is in BG:EE. :D
    lolien