Skip to content

Struck by lightning, twice!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

I received 25 points of damage per hit!

If I am not mistaken, it always does half of your max HP for damage. If you are down below half HP it will kill you.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    lunar said:

If I am not mistaken, it always does half of your max HP for damage. If you are down below half HP it will kill you.
    You could be right, as my fighter/mage had max 50 HP at the time (including the 12 from her familiar)
  • NecroblivionNecroblivion Member Posts: 210

Have you helped the priestess of Umberlee or the fishermen?

No, have not done those encounters yet
    Hmmm.. I was sure that if you side with the priestess then Talos is pissed about you. Now I know it's not the case.

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    lunar said:

The first game I started with BG:EE was with a blackguard. After picking up Xzar and Monty, we took out the belt-fetish ogre and were heading to the friendly arms in for the first time when Charname got nailed by consecutive lightning strokes.

A potion of cure light wounds left him hobbled and running like mad for the map edge (I don't care what the most dangerous thing is you've seen, just get out of my way!!!) to try to escape the storm. Had the lightning done 25 damage per strike, that would have been all she wrote.

I wasn't so sure I was going to like all the new enhancements after that!
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    My brother and I were fighting the orge berserkers on the river map north of the Gnoll Stronghold when lightning struck the ogre twice, splatting him all over the place. I thought that Branwen had done it until I found this thread. That is awesome/scary that they added lightning strikes.
    leeowensoas
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Yeah Phyrax, not only did you say buy a ticket, you said it twice in the span of two hours! Like you just copy pasted it because nobody noticed your joke.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2012

I wish it would hit Khalid every time he starts to stutter when you click on him.

My gosh you people.

I'm just imagining how much I would hate all of you in this community if I had a stutter.

It's amusing, but overplayed. Seriously.
    NokkenbuerThacoBellIsewein
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    This hate Khalid meme is overdone. I'm sure if you told a real person with a stutter to go die you'd be a total douche.
    NokkenbuerThacoBellIsewein
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Dazzu said:

This hate Khalid meme is overdone. I'm sure if you told a real person with a stutter to go die you'd be a total douche.

He's also a coward
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    They must have 'fixed' something, because today was the first day i got hit by a lightning in the IE.
    I knew it was possible - it was in the code for a long time, but it never happened to me.
    Chances are supposedly increased for metal heavy armor. Ankheg stuff also draws it.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Yes, but was your party on lvl 2, fighting a polar bear when you got struck by lightning?? Thank goodness it was minsc. Anyone else probably would have died.
  • Aron_TimesAron_Times Member Posts: 18
    I had lightning strike four or five times in my field of view. Twice it struck the party in one area, and in another area, it struck the monsters two or three times without killing them, allowing me to finish them off and get XP for the kills.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    It's not half your hit point damage. It's the same as being struck by the Lightning Bolt spell one time, but I'm not sure at what level. I know this, because I've had Charname one-shot by it before, and that was in Tutu.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    You sure it's not Call Lightning, a 'nature' spell, rather than an Arcane one?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Had to go and listen to Iron maiden after reading the title to this thread.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I want to see it kill some enemies.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Lemernis said:

I want to see it kill some enemies.

1. Wear the cloak of mirroring.
    2. Stand in thunderstorm
    3. Electrocute Talos
    4. ???
    5. Profit
    mlneveseMontresor_SPleeux
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    6 Have Talos show up in person to smash you as a bug...
    7. Burial ;)
    Montresor_SP
  • RafaelRafael Member Posts: 26
    This Post did remind me of this song...LOL
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've been hit by lightning in the original game but not BG:EE yet.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I never even knew you could get hit by lightning in BG until EE. I was just about to turn the game off after saving when a bolt struck Kagain out of nowhere. o_o;;

And of all the people in my party--tall humans and slender elves--the weather picked the shortest one of us. -_-;; I literally gaped at my computer screen and just shouted "WHY!?"
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    My first and only hardcore run ended when my level 1 swashie got struck by lightning in the crossroads on the way to the Friendly Arm Inn and died.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    I actually got saved by lightning once; this assassin introduced by a mod got hit instead, I was a deader for sure. Unless it was a bug.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012
    It'd be wise to suit everyone who wears full plate in ankheg armor, I guess.

Not to take the realism thing too far, but in a similar vein I'd actually enjoy the following:

- certain monster attacks cause disease, requiring Cure Disease via spell or potion
    - werewolf attacks have a... what?... let's say, 3%.?... chance of actually conferring lycanthropy, which results in shapeshifting into a werewolf and hostile berserker rages under a full moon

I'm surely in a minority on this, but I think it might be interesting to play with penalties to stats for fatigue, eventually to the point of enfeeblement and even death. I could even see having to have characters eat, and if not suffering the consequences. (I'll stop with requiring potty breaks.)

Features like this would have to be in a mod, obviously. I.e., they'd have to be optional. Whether something like having negative consequences for not resting or eating would deepen immersion versus simply being an annoying pain in the ass to manage, I can't say. Mileage may vary.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    Lemernis said:

- certain monster attacks cause disease, requiring Cure Disease via spell or potion
    - werewolf attacks have a... what?... let's say, 3%.?... chance of actually conferring lycanthropy, which results in shapeshifting into a werewolf and hostile berserker rages under a full moon

I used to be deathly afraid of Diseased Gibberlings as I was convinced they carried the iron plague and my weapons could melt from fighting them.

The lycantrophy idea is... interesting.
    Lemernis said:

I'm surely in a minority on this, but I think it might be interesting to play with penalties to stats for fatigue, eventually to the point of enfeeblement and even death. I could even see having to have characters eat, and if not suffering the consequences. (I'll stop with requiring potty breaks.)

Features like this would have to be in a mod, obviously. I.e., they'd have to be optional. Whether something like having negative consequences for not resting or eating would deepen immersion versus simply being an annoying pain in the ass to manage, I can't say. Mileage may vary.

My game in Fallout: New Vegas (I really should get around to finishing that...) is running the hardcore mode or whatever it's called; you have to eat, sleep and drink. It's actually surprisingly non-annoying and I've yet to have problems because of it. Only means I spend some of the money that usually otherwise piles up on food. Which isn't a bad thing. Would I want it in BG though?... probably not, the game is fine as it is.
  • RagnalDoomRagnalDoom Member Posts: 1
    i got struck by lightning while wearing cloak of reflection, baeloth came falling from the sky, i killed him.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    edited May 2013
    Where is this game BGEE going? Now you can get hit by lightning just before a cow falls on your head. What's next?
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    My party members get hit by lightning almost every time it rains. The weird thing is when my thief decked out in leather armor gets hit and my fighter, who is completely encased in tin foil, doesn't. Lightning works weird in the Forgotten Realms.
  • ZalsonZalson Member Posts: 103

It's not half your hit point damage. It's the same as being struck by the Lightning Bolt spell one time, but I'm not sure at what level. I know this, because I've had Charname one-shot by it before, and that was in Tutu.

I think they changed it for Enhanced Edition. I had Xzar take 3 points of damage from a lightning strike; he was at full HP so he survived.

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've noticed that I've been hit or party members by lightning more often in BGEE than regular BG.