Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge #4: 16 Bit Sprites

LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
edited December 2012 in Fan Creations
Okay everyone, it may be up a couple days late, but it is now time for the 4th Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge! This time, the theme is 16 Bit Sprites! What would BG have looked like if it'd come out in the 16 bit era? So it's time to try your hand at spriting skills and makes us some lovely sprites of the BG characters, monsters, or even items! (or even some nice pixelly maps of areas if you're feeling ambitious) Now, this challenge has special rules. As you know, usually every medium of art is accepted, however this time, the only acceptable submissions are pixelly and 16 bit. Yeahhhh! ...I'm also perfectly willing to accept 8 bit sprites. The only other rules is that it's gotta be BG-related and it's gotta be your own work! So, get spriting!
This challenge will run until Saturday, December 29th unless something comes up. 'Kay?

And of course, remember to submit your suggestions for future challenges over at the suggestion thread, linked below.
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6250/ideas-for-future-baldurs-gate-fanart-challenge-themes-update-new-way-for-deciding-themes#latest

@Aosaw can you please sticky this?
Post edited by LadyEibhilinRhett on
ButtercheeseMoomintrolldosentti666sandmanCCLBoozilla

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Any suggestions on how to make these? or restrictions.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Moomintroll
    If you ar not familiar with selfing sprites, you could just pick sprites from other games and alter them. Look around youtube, there are tons of tutorials there.
    Moomintrolllolien
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    I skipped the last challenge, so I feel out of the game.
    Secria said:

I skipped the last challenge, so I feel out of the game.

Game? I just came in with the last challenge oO
    Sounds like an excuse to me *pokes you with a stick*
    MoomintrollAristillius
  • LizKatzLizKatz Member Posts: 3
    I'm on it!!!!

Okay everyone, it may be up a couple days late, but it is now time for the 4th Baldur's Gate Fanart Challenge! This time, the theme is 16 Bit Sprites! What would BG have looked like if it'd come out in the 16 bit era? So it's time to try your hand at spriting skills and makes us some lovely sprites of the BG characters, monsters, or even items! (or even some nice pixelly maps of areas if you're feeling ambitious) Now, this challenge has special rules. As you know, usually every medium of art is accepted, however this time, the only acceptable submissions are pixelly and 16 bit. Yeahhhh! ...I'm also perfectly willing to accept 8 bit sprites. The only other rules is that it's gotta be BG-related and it's gotta be your own work! So, get spriting!
    This challenge will run until Saturday, December 29th unless something comes up. 'Kay?

And of course, remember to submit your suggestions for future challenges over at the suggestion thread, linked below.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6250/ideas-for-future-baldurs-gate-fanart-challenge-themes-update-new-way-for-deciding-themes#latest

@Aosaw can you please sticky this?

• LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @Buttercheese
    holy shit you made a sprite of my favorite character from one game by altering the sprite of my favorite character from another game I LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak

@Buttercheese
    holy shit you made a sprite of my favorite character from one game by altering the sprite of my favorite character from another game I LOVE YOU FOREVER.

Like I said: I did this for obvious reasons |D
    Glad you like it ;)
    MoomintrolllolienCrevsDaak
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Haha, I dont think you literally need to make a whole sprite - just one or two frames is enough to show off the artistic concept.
    Moomintroll
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @ajwz but sprite sheets are awesome :p
    CrevsDaak
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'd love to see 128 bit sprites in BG:EE. I know - probably impossible. Still, wishing, though.
    There is a good tutorial for doing these here, clearly the people already posting don't need it!
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @Moomintroll so good!
    Moomintroll
    He looks cuddly but I think there'd be some trust issues.
    mch202Wiggles
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

Here's my fatty, illithid.
    reminded me of drawing with MS paint

He looks like he has just feasted on edwin
    Moomintroll
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

Here's my fatty, illithid.
    reminded me of drawing with MS paint

If there was an epic-ness button, I'd smash the hell out of it right now. :')
    KidCarnivalCrevsDaak
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I would like to see a 16-bit Aerie. <3
    Buttercheese

I would like to see a 16-bit Aerie. <3</p>

Consider it done ;)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    These are awesome! More more!
    Buttercheese
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    All right, people. Here's the deal. I'm letting this challenge run until the new year.
    After that, the fanart challenges will be on a two-week hiatus, due to extremely awesome reasons that I am unable to divulge quite yet.
    Just wait until 2013 rolls around. Then all will become clear. . -c .
    MoomintrollButtercheeseSeran
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Have you been hired by Overhaul as a graphics artist? :)
    Buttercheese