Skip to content

[READ BEFORE POSTING] List of Bugs and Issues that are specific to Windows PCs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited January 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by mlnevese on
AndreaColomboAnduinMetallomanNecdilzorlolien

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ggal2006ggal2006 Member Posts: 4
    i cant inter nashkel mines
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    I'll be responsible for this thread from now on. If you find any bug thread not listed send me a message or post in this thread and I'll update it. @mlnevese
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Happy to see this list as it means that every bug in the list will be processed an hopefully solved. :D
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Shouldn't this be stickied or something?
  • TypoTypo Member Posts: 3
    Imoen level drained by the succubus and hit points dropped to -5 but still controllable at top of the tower. Saved in a new save, was unable to rest. On releoad from that save, no gear to loot from Imoen's dead body.
    @Typo what version of the game are you using?
  • TypoTypo Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    V1.0.2014. I'm pretty sure it was after the update. I reloaded from another save and tried another tactic.
    @Typo There was a bug that could cause this behavior before 2014... If you happen to have a savegame where it is happenning please upload to this thread or send it to support@beamdog.com.
  • nvp33nvp33 Member Posts: 5
    I've found several bugs while playing BG EE on my PC (via Steam) so far those I've found concerns the start of the game, don't know if there's a workaround or if they are specific to windows - list comming:

1) Persistent bug - After creating your character and "spawning" in Candlekeep you can't complete the "Firebeards scroll" quest. The man you need to pick up the scroll from is stuck on telling you to go see Gorion, and after you talk to him a 3rd time you can't engage in a convo with him again.
    I've started several new characters and even tried talking to Gorion and the man with the scroll before picking up the quest but the bug persists.

2) Rare bug - In the area directly south from The friendly arm inn, you can find and engage an ogre with a belt of masculinity/femininity. During combat called lightning can appear, with no caster casting it, and hit the ogre, and your party effectively killing both you and the ogre.

3) Occasional bug - On the second floor of the friendly arm inn, after you have killed the ogre and picked up the belt of masculinity/femininity, the questgiver for the quest to kill the ogre and gain the belt, can bug in two different ways: 1 - By taking the wrong belt from your inventory (usualy the belt found on Gorion) so far this has only happened while all belts are unidentified. 2 - When all belts are identified and you pick up and hand in the quest, he wont finish the quest, only asking if you've killed the ogre yet.

4) Persistent bug - After loading a game there seems to be a 50/50 chance that the convo interface no longer highlights when hovering your mousecurser over it. You can still point and click to activate the convo options with your mouse, but it doesn't highlight, the same goes for when you use the keyboard to select a convo choice, it activates, but doesn't highlight.

I hope this helps in finding the bugs (if not already found) and fixing them, and I hope you guys know of a workaround :D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @nvp33
    #2 is actually just normal weather behavior. Was it raining at the time?
  • nvp33nvp33 Member Posts: 5
    I believe it was. Didn't know that could happen and I've played the BG series since it was released... learn something new everyday I guess, thx @Dee :D
  • Rustypipe101Rustypipe101 Member Posts: 12
    So what if It isn't so much as a bug.. as Steam isn't fully installing my game onto my computer? And those stupid "help desk" people won't contact me back :'(
  • HadrianBlackwaterHadrianBlackwater Member Posts: 121
    I got bug on the Island of Balduran, boarder south with north part. It's nearest point from boarder to village, spawns gorup of bears, using firebolt or that elixir which detonates on them cause me crash. Tried 4times. Killing them normally works
  • voltvolt Member Posts: 31
    edited November 2013
    I've found bug import character BG EE on my PC Windows
    1) When you play for the first time which a dual class kensai lvl 6 mage lvl 8 your max level hp is about 102-106.
    2) When you start new game and import a character which a dual class kensai/mage your hp back to about to 62-64.
    In the new game bonus life of a kensai/warrior disappears.
  • jaynjayjaynjay Member Posts: 12
    I just finished downloading the game for Windows and when it starts, all I see is groups of horizontal and vertical lines. I can see some of the game in the background; but not much else. What happened? No problem with Baldur's Gate I