Skip to content

Sexuality in the Realms Answer from Ed Greenwood

1111213141517»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Fitscotgaymer LOL! I'm 45. A real old-school geek. I started playing D&D with Original (before Basic Edition) back in 1977-78. I even sold off everything once, and had to buy it back.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    Did *anybody* get laid in this thread yet?
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @LadyRhian

As I said in the Underdark Role Play thread... I used to be part of an RPG club but it disbanded due to low membership :-(
    Been wanting to get back into Roleplaying, with DnD this time round, but there is just so much stuff to buy...it's hard to know where to start.

@GygaxianProse

I get laid off my boyfriend every weekend :-P so i'm all good.
    @fitscotgaymer You can buy lots of stuff on Ebay for fairly cheap. If you want to play online, there are places like Playbyweb.com, among others. Look to see what games you might want to join and buy accordingly.

@GygaxianProse Laying each other in this thread would get it closed and locked. ;)
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    @GygaxyianProse why do you ask? Need help? :P

...don't bite me <_>
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

Did *anybody* get laid in this thread yet?

Oh, so now we're starting with the stereotypical insult of us 'geeks' and 'nerds' not getting laid...What does it even matter? If getting laid is neccessary for confirming your own self-worth, there's something wrong with YOU, not with us 'geeks' and 'nerds' who just enjoy talking about D&D related stuff in our free time.
  • GygaxianProseGygaxianProse Member Posts: 201
    @ladyrhian: couldn't we have just a little peril?

@medullaoblangata: i'm not sure if Ed addressed biting in the Realms. May need another thread for that.

@kitteh_on_a_cloud: ummm. Yeah.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited December 2012
    More questions for Ed Greenwood.
    Edit - actually it sounds like the interview could be today.. so anyway, should be an interview with Greenwood on clackclickbang's youtube channel soon, I guess.

• toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited December 2012
    Perfect world trying to get NWN morpg game started, haven't problems with the company hope they get it past beta, nice to see I'm not the only mature person playing the game, though of my friends my quibble about using the word mature when describing myself
    Actually the relationsip between jaheira, kahlid and abdel (if you chose him) is rather complicated, if you read the book you know that kahlid cheated on her, and her and abdel got into a relationship, the only reference to that was when you met the elf when you first got tto baldur's gate when he asked you to look after her
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434

Asexuals would disagree.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    edited December 2012

This troll needs to level up. It's not even funny. Son, I iz disappoint. :(
  • NazadNazad Member Posts: 55
    @LadyRhian Nice collection of sourcebooks! I have plenty of those myself, though the game I run for friends for the last ten years or so is 3rd edition.

@fitscotgaymer Half of my players are gay (not counting me and the husband). We like to joke that we are the most attractive gaming group ever. There are a lot of jokes about rods and wands.
    MedullaOblongata
    @Nazad Don't forget "staffs". ;)
    Nazad
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @Toshiro

Like Baldur's Gate and Dungeons and Dragons fans everywhere I don't care about the book.

I despise meta gaming. Despise it.

If you have to use metagame knowledge obtained from another source/medium (like the crap BG books) then you have failed in creating a great work of interactive entertainment. Sorry, but you should NEVER have to resort to other sources to explain away plot holes, and to answer critical questions about the game, it's plot lines, and his primary characters.

@Nazad

I don't know anyone. And don't know which books to start with sadly.
    @Toshiro The situation with Abdel is only in the books. In the games we as gamers play, the choices we make dictate the outcome. Abdel Adrian has nothing to do with my playthroughs, and in the game, Khalid isn't sleeping around on Jaheira. This was something conceived by Phillip Athans to make the romance between Abdel and Jaheira more acceptable. Because, as noted elsewhere, Khalid and Jaheira act as foster parents to your character, and a romance between a parent and child, even a foster child, would be more than a bit squicky for a lot of readers.
  • NazadNazad Member Posts: 55
    @fitscotgaymer There are many editions of D&D. If you want to find a group with which to play, I'd actually recommend a game that doesn't have the D&D brand but uses its rules: Pathfinder http://paizo.com/pathfinder. I recommend it due to the Pathfinder Society, which has local chapters everywhere: http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety. The game only has a few core books so what to buy is much more straightforward. Many D&D tabletop gamers gave up on Wizards of the Coast after D&D 4th edition and instead play this game. Pathfinder slaughtered D&D 4E in terms of book sales.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    For those interested.. here's the new, two and a half hour interview with Ed Greenwood.

Actually I have no clue as to how much influence the book had on david gainer's thoughts on how BG would be written and developed, and since when I do the romance angle I usually pick viconia or the mod character flair, I like jaheira as a combination f/d but she wore thin in the first game, and figured the huge xp bonuses weren't worth it, and never metagame, got the info from reading the background material, never read the books, only books I've read on a character or d&d is on drizzt