Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Hey Cory, my oldest brother actually believes that xD
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    edited December 2012
    CoryNewb said:

@Riolathel a few weeks ago was the first time I played BG1, I beat BG2 about a decade ago when I was a teenager. Sometimes that's how the world works.

Why wouldn't you try the first after beating the second?

That's like playing ME 3 and never playing the first two

Also; at the risk of being burned alive by every member of this forum. I like IWD more than the BG series..

Of course i've only beaten BG and just started BG2.. but i really like the encounters and party management in IWD.. I also like how IWD2 changed the UI and allows weapon kits that you can change back and forth..

Also IWD2 has much better spell icons and the ability to customize your hotbar.

BG definitely wins when it comes to story though
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    IWD and BG are apples and oranges. It really comes down to personal preference. Combat vs Story. I just thought it was a funny meme :)

Syntia13Rpg_AvatarShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @Riolathel In short, the reason I never played BG1? I don't know. I liked BG2 so much I didn't really care. I also liked IWD 2 without playing the first.

I also bought pool of radiance....it never worked past 20 minutes in :(
    CoryNewb said:

@Riolathel In short, the reason I never played BG1? I don't know. I liked BG2 so much I didn't really care. I also liked IWD 2 without playing the first.

I also bought pool of radiance....it never worked past 20 minutes in :(

I also beat IWD2 before playing IWD.

I still went back and played it though because the stories didn't affect each other much and you start off as level one in both games

I couldn't imagine playing BG2 first because without knowing everything that happens in BG it would be confusing as hell. Even still if you liked BG2 so much wouldnt you want to play BG even more?
    Buttercheese
    edited December 2012
    luckily my dad showed me both games.. so i was able to experience BG before BG2..

i can barely remember playing it as an 8-9 year old kid.. and i liked it then because of how much you could customize your own character.. there was nothing like it at the time..

unfortunately i only visited him for a few weeks at a time and never got to beat the game until i pre ordered it this year :(.

that mage at friendly arms owned me as a kid :O
    Adul
  • flame867flame867 Member Posts: 32
    Riolathel said:

other than Charname
    LadyEibhilinRhettCoryNewbSophia
    flame867 said:

Riolathel said:

other than Charname
    well yeah.. any character being controlled by a human rather than computer is going to be better.

Unless you're me at age 8
    LadyEibhilinRhettButtercheesetoanwrath
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Sophia said:

Shadow druids got better clubs.
    Sophia
    Zafiro said:

Has nothing to do with bg, but still very funny!
    CoryNewb said:

I did not appreciate this one because i know it is aimed specifically at cloud who is in one of my favorite games..

Who is not emo i might add
    CoryNewb
This discussion has been closed.