Skip to content

Blackisle is back?

124»

Comments

• GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited December 2012
    Shandyr said:
    Wow. You're right it is old news!. Goes to show how far behind i am in my news and gaming information lol.

• FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    If these guys do come back what then? Dark Alliance 3? Perhaps a new IP involving the forgotten realms? I dont think they can do another Balders Gate game since someone else has the rights and wont sell.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Maybe Interplay decided to work together with overhaul. This would allow overhaul to use the Black Isle label and maybe get additional funds and interplay might get money from that. That would explain Trent Oster knowing something.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Fatal.. You're a NECROMACER :D

No news delivered as of yet, so weird marketing.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Bit weird that nothing has been heard since the announcement. I wonder, do Black Isle and Interplay hold any rights to Baldur's Gate or have all of them reverted to WotC etc?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    BIS can't return, most of their people are at Obsidian. Wouldn't be the same.
    RedGuard said:

Bit weird that nothing has been heard since the announcement. I wonder, do Black Isle and Interplay hold any rights to Baldur's Gate or have all of them reverted to WotC etc?

I'm pretty sure they lost the licence quite a while ago so now Hasbro should have the license and they most likely gave BeamDog limited use for the EEs.
    RedGuard
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    They still hold the license to Planescape: Torment I think...
  • AberdashAberdash Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    RedGuard said:

The licenses were sold to Atari.
    RedGuard
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Ahhh it's a zombie, kill it!

In other news, there is still no new news on this. Although someone mentioned a populus reboot, Peter Molyneux has started a Kickstarter called Project Godus, looks cool.
    Silchas said:

They still hold the license to Planescape: Torment I think...

IneXile got the rights to Torment (not Planescape) a few days ago.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Threads were merged.
    edited December 2012
    Talvrae said:

Chippy said:

Interplay does not have any license or agreement that I know of to use any D&D franchise. My understanding is that Atari currently possesses exclusive rights to use the D&D franchise in videogames. If fresh development is happening at the new Black Isle, it's probably not D&D related.

That's good. I'm not negative by nature, but I do believe that it is people that make a company, not it's name or the system it employs. So this is interesting, and at least they don't have any say/effect on previous work.

What they do have is Fallout MMO rights trought

No they don't and never did by ip and copyright laws. I've said it before that interplay was only interested in money when they tried to take Bethesda and Zenimax to court for the IP of fallout. Once Interplay realized they were going to lose, they and bethesda agreed to a 1 mil dollar settlement i believe to make interplay go away.

This Black Isle announcement sounds like a plot to boost interplay stock prices as most of the fools in charge(the caen bros and their cronies) own a ton of interplay shares which they only benefit from if interplay either becomes relevant again or they toss BI rumours around. I still wonder why interplay still has fallout 1 and 2 on their site when i thought they'd lost all ip rights to the name and products. I may have to go back and track down the final settlement again to see if there was in fact an additional agreement to the 1st 2 Fo games continuing to be sold by interplay.

As far as who is still around from the old black isle days i'm pretty sure there was still 2 guys from that time still with interplay. I think they were Chris taylor and ? O'green?

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Just in case this thread missed the memo: http://blackisle.com/

:-)
    Big whoop! So Interplay is now going by way of donating like the service who's name i can't remember atm to promote an obvious clone of fallout? That or they're no longer with interplay and that vid is either indeed a revival of BI or a joke...couldn't tell for sure as i lost interest 1/2 way through. Maybe i'm just old crotchety and cynical lol. Good catch anyways AndreaColombo as i hadn't seen that.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Yay great, let's contribute to Black Isle so we get...

Absolutely nothing.

Give 20$ for a special forum access.

LOL seriously.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2012
    Crikey! Don't fall for this people. This is a turd sandwich and the two slices of bread around the poo are barely masking the smell.
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56

Well, a new team brings new talents, new ideas, new writers who knows...lets wait and see

I don't think I will wait and see. Interplay is in a black pit from which there is no escape. Every few years it manages to drag itself up and take a breath only to be sucked back in without actually releasing any games. I'm not sure what kind of tax evasion scheme Interplay is running by its repeated resurrections and subsequent failures, but the purpose of it certainly isn't to publish video games.
    It must be a very sad thing to wake up each morning filled with such bile. You should try doing something positive with yourself, that kind of negativity over anything, especially a group of guys trying to make a game, is pretty damn pathetic.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @mlnevese - Elementary, my Dear Watson. Good work finding that. It looked like monkeyturds to me, too - I don't fund promises. I fund products/projects.
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    wow, this scam is pathetic.
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2012

Well, a new team brings new talents, new ideas, new writers who knows...lets wait and see

I don't think I will wait and see. Interplay is in a black pit from which there is no escape. Every few years it manages to drag itself up and take a breath only to be sucked back in without actually releasing any games. I'm not sure what kind of tax evasion scheme Interplay is running by its repeated resurrections and subsequent failures, but the purpose of it certainly isn't to publish video games.
    It must be a very sad thing to wake up each morning filled with such bile. You should try doing something positive with yourself, that kind of negativity over anything, especially a group of guys trying to make a game, is pretty damn pathetic.
    It must be a very sad thing to wake up each morning filled with such bile. You should try doing something positive with yourself, that kind of negativity over anything, especially a post on a forum, is pretty damn pathetic.

Just sayin'.
    Mornmagor