Skip to content

Future npcs

1235»

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't mind an extra evil NPC or two. Not to mention a good aligned wizard (not dual or multi-class).
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    A non-evil dwarven warrior who is a cross between a Norse warrior with a Samurai. Honor, the love of battle and celebrating with drink and song about their exploits. That would be the NPC I want to see.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    @COM_Solaufein

Remove the words "norse" and "samurai", hold on to "dwarven warrior" and the description at the end - done, sounds wonderful!

But what NPCs would I like to see?

Fighter/Mages, preferably elves. Good ones!
    Bards (Skald as a northman and a Blade as a half-elf)

But lets dump the idea of classes, most of all I want to see NPCs which are interesting and have some depth to them. Of course I want a lot of interaction and good dialogue too!
  • NostalgiaNostalgia Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2012
    Here's my ideas based on that Overhaul did with BG:EE I assume they are gonna have 3 new characters one from each alignment. (and for fun I'm gonna break the rules)

Good: A Dwarf Paladin that has a quest that turns his alignment evil and makes him a Black Gaurd. Sounds fun!

Neutral: A Half-ling sorcerer. Could have a fun back story simular to the wild mage's.

Evil: A reverse alignment as well where you have an neutral alignment that can turn good or neutral or evil depending on the outcome of the quest. Having inate abilitys to co-incide with the outcome could be fun too. Lets say for fun... a True-Neutral Druid that you do a quest for to turn him into either a Evil Shadow druid, or a Super nature druid (neutral) or a angelic druid where he can summon like an angel haha

Anotehr idea: Having a Pure war/mage/theif human that gives you the option of duel classed him/her into something else and has a story attached to it. (and also to speed up the level gain while waiting for the class to become reactive)

(excuse my spelling/grammer typing from work with no spell check.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited December 2012
    I would welcome more original NPC's, like they have in Torment.

What about a CN Doppelganger Assassin/Illusionist? Celestials like Solars or Eladrin? Maybe Baelorn, good-aligned elven liches or a Half-Dragon character? It would be awesome to have a NPC that is really a spirit/spectre/ghost or psionic.

So many possibilities of unique characters.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I would like to see a Tri-Kreen NPC. Perhaps a Warrior (Whirling Dervish of Death!) or something...perhaps from the Dark Sun Universe?

That would be different.

I would also like to see all the NPCs done in their other gender - with voices, etc. That would be very, very good.
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    The problem with new races would be the animations. There is nothing in game at the moment that remotely looks like a Tri-Kreen, so they would need to create its animations from scratch.

As for the Half-Dragon, i guess they could use Sherincal's avatar from IWDII but that would only give us a female HD. For the male they would also need new animations.

That's why i think they will just stick to the regular ones and maybe some kind of variation on them (like Haer'Dalis, a Tiefling using the Elf avatar). Some possibilities:

- Aasimar (human or elf avatar)
    - Changeling (human)
    - Shifter (human or elf)
    - Kalashtar (human)
    - Half-Drow (elf)

You get the idea. Other things that could work are humanoid races that DO have animations in game; however, monster animations are not quite as good as PC/NPC. Some possibilities:

- Gnoll
    - Minotaur
    - Rakshasa (damn, an evil Rakshasa npc would be amazing, but too OP)
    - Lizardmen
    - Bugbear (i think Guthma in IWDII looked pretty badass)
    - Ogre
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The problem with monster races is that they do not have all the necessary animations, such as a minotaur dual wielding flails and swords, for instance.

if the original art had not been lost and they could improve and add to the original graphics or even replace them for a better one, it would be no problem, but as it is they won't be adding non-standard races. At mostIy I expect to see sub-races of the ones we already have where only the stats need to be changed or races where they can use the existing avatars.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    @WebShaman
    I remember in some Dark Sun game being able to be a triple class Thri-Kreen of some wierd combo... and then being a second one in another run. It'd be a shame to just have a single class thri-kreen therefore.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    For the Tri-Kreen, one would allow for different classes (ala Viconia as a Drow). Let's get some Tri-Kreen love going here!
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    Human Wizard Slayer who has a major grudge with Jon Irenicus. Give him the option to dual class to a thief for flexibility. And a female Undead Hunter investigating Amn with recent lich and vampire reports. Give us some NPC's like this which are tied to the story. An Assassin working for the vampires works too. She tries to kill you and then if you're evil and dashing enough you sway him/or her to your side. I just feel that kits which are underrepresented but could easily fit the storyline are what's needed.