Skip to content

Nalia

MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
Maybe it's my crazed imagination, maybe there have really been several "do you take Nalia" threads/discussions.

Let the pointless polling commence!!
  1. Nalia77 votes
    1. I take Nalia on holiday.
      67.53%
    2. I take Nalia to the glue factory.
      32.47%
Anduin

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I forgot the third option, please just leave it as a comment.
    I was warned for posting a Boris Vallejo illustration, those trousers are staying in the cupboard.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SCARY_WIZARD
    Beginning to wish I'd worded this poll differently.
    Whoops I forgot to vote, that's why I thought nobody else had, haha!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    What's that, Nalia? Oh, nothing, just a new spellbook I got for you for being such an awesome friend. :3
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I like her a lot. I will try out the de'Arnise romance mod in one of my coming playthroughs.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    It's always better on holiday.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    ajwz said:

I'm disappointed by the lack of crude sexual innuendo in this poll.

That's not glue!
    SilverstarThe_New_RomanceMoomintrollbooinyoureyes
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Not my favourite character, but I do use her a lot.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I usually will have her in my party.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Can I not take her on a holiday to the glue factory?! Do I really have to choose?
    You'd think they'd have some glue factory tourist package. Ride ponies there and then watch the magic happen.
    The_New_RomanceMichailMoomintroll
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Dont like her.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I don't really like her either, but I don't really like the majority of BG2 NPCs so I take her along because there's no better choice.
    booinyoureyes
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    She's paying.
    Moomintrollbooinyoureyes
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    I don't particularly like her or her quest, but I use her sometimes just because the selection of NPCs in BG2 is relatively sparse and her skills are needed. Re: her character concept it kind of reminds me of this:

Debaser
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    What's a Nalia?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yeah, I use nails all the time...

But I wouldn't take them on holiday. That would be weird.

Plus you spelled nails wrong...

I also think taking nails to the glue factory could cause the nails some kind of adhesive envy, I detest these mind games...

Your cruelty @Moomintroll knows no bounds...
    Moomintroll
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I refuse to use Nalia whatsoever. It's hilarius that Nalia is the class she is... honestly, because she has to compete with Imoen and Jan; the former being better than she is, and a very important part of the story and the latter being the best thief in the game (won't list spoiler about someone else). I think Nalia should have been a different class altogether, or a kit that dualed instead of a pureclass thief.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Like was said in the other Nalia thread that's still on the front page (that passive aggressive tone is aimed toward you, Moomintroll - feel it's sting! :P ) Imoen was originally supposed to die in Spellhold, but it caused a fan uproar and the devs decided to change the story very late in development. Had they gone through with the original plan, Nalia wouldn't have been as redundant.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297
    Thorsson said:

What's a Nalia?

It's a company for real estate investment: http://www.naliagroup.com/
    booinyoureyes
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    edited January 2013
    A Nalia romance mod? She's supposed to be a gurl of the rather underage kind, isn't she?
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Calmar

That didn't stop a romance mod for Imoen which is incest or a npc that you can romance that is 15.

Some modders are weeeiiiiiirrrrrrrrd.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited January 2013
    @Calmar I am fairly certain Nalia is overage, which is better than another romance mod that @moopy mentioned.
    *cough* Saerileth *cough*

That said, being the one who started the most recent "Who takes Nalia" thread, I always take Nalia. I find it hard not to when playing a good or neutral party.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Calmar said:

A Nalia romance mod? She's supposed to be a gurl of the rather underage kind, isn't she?

I never got that impression about her character. I think she's young but around the PC's age (20). It's been a long time since I played BG2 but I'm recalling that she is betrothed, and that's part of her quest and whatnot.
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2013
    Lemernis said:

Calmar said:

I never got that impression about her character. I think she's young but around the PC's age (20). It's been a long time since I played BG2 but I'm recalling that she is betrothed, and that's part of her quest and whatnot.
    You could be betrothed or even married at the age of 7 (ok thats the end of the spectrum, but 12 was common) in the middle ages (assuming in a medieval fantasy world things would work similar) so beeing betrothed doesn't realy indicate her age.