Skip to content

Average BG gamer age

Comments

• leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Well, Alagizal is old enough to have a full grown son.... And god knows how only Sendai is (although she is half-drow, she is partly descended from a god, which makes it tricker to calculate her age)
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    /me votes 25-30, gets hit in the face with the realization, goes to silently sob in the corner
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Im rounding up to 20 since my birthday is just a few months away.
  • BeetleBeetle Member Posts: 46

Well you are lucky. When I was that age I was playing Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy on Nintendo lol. I still have the computerized music running through my head. You have been slain by a slime!

When I was that age, I was playing Pong...

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Beetle said:

Well you are lucky. When I was that age I was playing Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy on Nintendo lol. I still have the computerized music running through my head. You have been slain by a slime!

My parents used to have Pong, I think they threw it out when my brother and I left home. Destruction of the family heirlooms! the philistines.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Oh bugger I thought this q was regarding the age of my character! LOL
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    wow i love being on a board where i (28) am part of the main demographic. when im on a board populated by 14 year olds it just makes me feel ancient
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    Beetle said:

Well I did play some games like space invaders and parsecs when I was really young. My father had an IBM PC AT computer from work that ran programs from the large size floppy discs instead of the hard disk. I used to play with the parts from the computer after he got tired of it. Even at that age I mostly used the computer for browsing the web. I remember having a 15k modem. I was there for the first popular MMOs like Ultima Oline and Everquest. Even though the graphics were crappy it's was fun because it was something new. It seems I was so niche at the time, but now it seems like everyone knows computers and plays games.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2013
    I never played BG1 but I remember buying BG2 in 2001 or sometime, think it had the expansion, never finished it to this day, musta been 15 or 16, In 98 I played quake, wasnt into RPGs
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited January 2013
    Lifat said:

First voter.... I feel old! Please. I need some older people to vote too!

Green 1st level noob. Pah! Not even 30! ;-)

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    What I do like about this particular poll, compared with the other one from july, is the age bracket for us older games isn't just 40+, but split up into more precise parts.

My age is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything!

Kudo's to the one who can tell me what the ultimate question is, and why it points to my age. It kinda feels messianic ;-)
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297

My age is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything!

Kudo's to the one who can tell me what the ultimate question is, and why it points to my age. It kinda feels messianic ;-)

Sadly, Marvin never told me what the question was :(
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Never played BG as a child though, just BG2, which I played as a ten year old. I only played ToB very recently, and was able to force myself to wait until BG:EE came out to play the first game in the series.
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Seems I'm the only 16 year old here! >.>
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    I am but a simple 24 year old trying to make it in a 25 year olds world! played Baldurs Gate when i was a wee little sprite, fell in love with Baldurs Gate 2 more since by that point i could actually understand half of what was going on, trully even now i look at Hitdice and HP and ThaCo and think...what the hell? but i got the jist down!
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145

Beetle said:

My parents used to have Pong, I think they threw it out when my brother and I left home. Destruction of the family heirlooms! the philistines.

my neighbors got pogn when it first came out we all use to sit around playing it for hours
  • LeematonLeematon Member Posts: 33
    Was a teenager when the original Space Invaders came out. Although I wasn't particularly a devotee of that classic, I remember even then thinking if video games ever became realistic looking (particularly fantasy gameworlds), I would become hooked.

My dream came true. I wanna live forever! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited January 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GerelosGerelos Member Posts: 2
    22 now, but I first beat Baldur's Gate II when I was 13, stole the old game from my Dad. My favorite game to this day.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Bhaaldog said:

Jared4242 said:

Seems I'm the only 16 year old here! >.>

I am somewhat surprised, I thought there would be a lot more. When I was 15-16 BG really was the pinnacle of RPG games. I was talking to a young human the other day, who clearly lacked the essence of Bhaal, and when I asked if they would be interesting in borrowing my old copy of BG, they replied they were too busy with "Angry Birds"....
    Not that I have anything against Angry Birds, but that's just sad.
  • escagirlukescagirluk Member Posts: 21
    ...this is what I get for not reading the post, argh. Though you meant what age were we playing our characters as!

How do I change my vote from 17-19 to 25-30? (Can I even change my vote?)

Stupid brain stop distracting me with your hobbit pr0nage.
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    edited February 2013
    Another interesting data

;)
    24 =)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

Deja vu? Must be a glitch in the Matrix...

There is another topic ?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,159
    Gee I was briefly excited to see so many old farts playing the game, until I noticed the 20% was just me!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    atcDave said:

Gee I was briefly excited to see so many old farts playing the game, until I noticed the 20% was just me!

ROFL
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Just turned 33 yesterday. My head is still aching a little :)
    Gratz, got many gifts?