Skip to content

Know Bugs and Issues with BG:EE iPad

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited December 2012

I didn't see this on the thread.

Bug: Disappearing HUD menu on the left side of screen.

Device: iPad 3

Description: My left side of the screen icon buttons disappear. I have to hold down a characters icon to open up a character sheet, then the icons appear. Saving and reloading a rebooted app doesn't fix the problem. It just opens up the app with the same problem. I no longer have the "auto save" feature. Please help.
    SAGE!

Post edited by iKrivetko on
  • pallaspallas Member Posts: 2
    BUG: Crash on screen transition/loading

iPad Version: iPad 3
    OS Version: iOS 6.0.1
    Environment: Multiplayer game with all my personal characters

Description: This is a very annoying problem because ot happens from time to time, is not easily reproducible, but when it happens it has sad effects like lost quests. Example: In Cloakwood, the quest to find the son of farmer dead in spider nest. There is a +2 two-handed sword too. I've finished this screen, finished the quest, got the sword. When trying to go to the next screen, app crash. I use to save very often the current game, so "normally" I have always a restoration point. However, after relaunching the app, ALL saved games (quick save, auto save and named save) pointed me to the beginning of the Cloakwood screen, with the whole area covered black, but without any loot object anymore, the +2 sword gone and the quest unfinished. The only solution for me was to re-import another character with the objects in its inventory and leave the quest unfinished.
    A similar problem after screen transition crash was reproduced in Cloakwood mines where I had to start the entire screen again.

Don't have any fix for this, in case of crash the saved games seem to point elsewhere...

Please find here attached crash logs from my iPad if the dev-team wants to have a look at this.
  • Benji123Benji123 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    Edit: Currently being verified in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14287/kamikaze-archers-on-the-run-am-i-the-only-one#latest

Til then; move along, nothing to see here!
    Post edited by Benji123 on
    D3V11_
  • pallaspallas Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2013
    == removed comment ==
    Post edited by pallas on
  • D3V11_D3V11_ Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2013
    Benji123 said:

BUG: Ranged weapons users go to melee

iPad Version: iPad 2
    Evirorment: any

Description: Whenever I have a character using a ranged weapon, when they pick a target using the AI (as in; i don’t click myself) they decide that the range of their weapon I close. I have often had Imoen using a bow charge the stupid ogre, basilisk and other good stuff. Similarly before advanced edition I equipped my wizards with a sling so they would stay at range when the AI decided they where to attack, but all my mages keep charging anyway regardless of wielding a ranged weapon.

Question: Looking through this tread I find no one else experiencing this problem, and I find that I happens every time. Is it a bug or just something that I can adjust trough settings or something?

I have had this same issue. my workaround was turning of AI.
  • BenNBenN Member Posts: 27
    D3V11_ said:

Benji123 said:

BUG: Ranged weapons users go to melee

iPad Version: iPad 2
    Evirorment: any

Description: Whenever I have a character using a ranged weapon, when they pick a target using the AI (as in; i don’t click myself) they decide that the range of their weapon I close. I have often had Imoen using a bow charge the stupid ogre, basilisk and other good stuff. Similarly before advanced edition I equipped my wizards with a sling so they would stay at range when the AI decided they where to attack, but all my mages keep charging anyway regardless of wielding a ranged weapon.

Question: Looking through this tread I find no one else experiencing this problem, and I find that I happens every time. Is it a bug or just something that I can adjust trough settings or something?

I have had this same issue. my workaround was turning of AI.
    I've had the same issue, and use the same workaround. If I manually target an enemy, my ranged NPCs do what they're supposed to; but once they move onto another target (using the AI), they go into 'banzai!!!' mode......

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Guys, if we want to discuss AI tuning and such, PLEASE start a new thread, this is NOT the place for Discussions. Please open a secondary AI thread and put your comments in there.
    edited January 2013
    Suggestion / Issue: Font Size to Small - Allow scalable font size selection within options interface.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14120/font-is-too-smallhard-to-read

iPad Version: ALL (Especially Mini)

Description: Several people are requesting the ability to change the font size within the BG:EE Interface to make the game font larger for better readability within the application. Particularly with the iPad Mini and ESPECIALLY with the "item count" on the items within the interface the numbers and text can be exceptionally hard to read at times.
    wmnflmmkr
  • carey_bueltcarey_buelt Member Posts: 3
    Bug: Crash after loading "Final Save". Final Save occurs after killing Sarevok.
    Expected behavior: Can play the "final-save" saved game.

iPad Version: 2

After killing Sarevok, game reports that it has done a "Final Save". I move party around to take on other enemies and the game crashes.

Then after loading "Final Save", game again crashes not allowing game play.
    Note on the "Final Save" comment above:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14503/final-battle-bug

According to this, the final save is not meant to allow a continued play. That said, it is agreed that the real bug is not identifying this in game.
  • PillbugPillbug Member Posts: 4
    iPad 3:

For small hard-to-touch items, I've been using the following work around: select party, pause, and click on item/door/area. Since the whole party is selected, only one icon will light up when you've successfully selected the item/door/area (versus the full set of party icons that show up when you're queuing your party up to move them across the room/field/into a new area). Then just unpause and let it work.

Having said that, I'm currently in the L2 Durlag's tower bridge room and CAN NOT un-trap that stupid brick no matter how frantically I click or how many pass throughs I've made. I even tried restarting the game, reloading my save, and trying different characters - nothing. It doesn't quite feel like the normal hard-to-select problem.

Anyone manage to un-trap/loot that thing?

Side note - love, love, love this on iPad and can't wait for multiplayer to be fully up and running (as in, not continually crashing).
  • InriamInriam Member Posts: 4
    Bug: Unable to reply movies through main menu

Once a movie is played I would expect it to be unlocked to be replayed through the options on the main menu screen, however every time I go to the movies section the box is empty, the button "Play" is greyed out, and the only selectable buttons are "Credits" and "Done".

I have restarted the game several times, and played to a point where a movie is played, however still no movies showing to be replayed.

Experienced on both iPad versions 2007 & 2012 - Currently running on iPad 2 running ios 6.0
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited February 2013
    Thank you all for taking the time to carefully write up these detailed reports, and especially to @Illydth for curating this thread! I've just gone through the thread to this point and confirmed or added each of these to the bug tracker (Redmine), and noted a few of them which have been fixed.

Here is the list I came up with, let me know if I missed any:

#1: Framerate: reported, fix planned for re-write of renderer
    #2: Selection / Highlight: Hilight issue open, Improved tap radius fixed in 2012
    #3: Drag causes tap: reported
    #4: Splitting stacks: reported
    #5: Party Orientation: reported
    #6: Tooltips: Not sure what can be done here
    #7: Spell info: reported
    #8: Hud disappears: reported (caused by changing orientation)
    #9: Conversation choices: Addressed by Trent
    #10: Drag causes tap in list: added to #3 above
    #11: Updates prevent multiplayer: future releases to be synchronized
    #12: Crash when picking up Boo: fixed in 2012
    #13: Drag in Journal causes edit: added to #3
    #14: Actions without icons: reported
    #15: Ranged AI charges in: reported
    #16: Group Combat tutorial: Fixed in build 2012
    #17: Mulahey dialog: reported
    #18: Open container from description: reported, click on the left edge and it will work
    #19: Save game issues: Is this still present?
    #20: Hidden Treasures: Fixed in 2012
    #21: Manual link in game: reported
    #22: Open Container: dupe of 18
    #23: Movies: Rest movies fixed in 2012, End game movie may be a different bug, reported
    #24: Dialog space in multiplayer: feature request to turn off chat box, reported
    #25: Some commands don't register: added to #14
    #26: Guard button: I don't see what button he is talking about. Check help (? button) to see what each button does.
    #27: Crash after dying (no icons): reported
    #28: Drizzit AI: Fixed in 2012
    #29: Pause breaks cutscene: reported
    #30: Clicking on dialog does nothing: fixed in 2012?
    #31: Missing Minsc: @marv335 , do you have a save game where this can be reproduced?
    #32: Characters running of after load: reported
    #33: Hidden objects not hilighted: dupe of #2
    #34: X,Y coordinates: feature request, reported
    #35: Rasaad quest, opening door: fixed in 2012
    #36: Neera Spell lost: can't reproduce in 2012
    #37: Music in menu: reported
    #38: Lothander missing: fixed in 2012
    #39: Memory leak / slow down: fixed in 2012?
    #40: Disabling in app purchase: reported
    #41: World map grey: reported
    #42: Left HUD gone: not a bug, see iKrivetko's post
    #43: Crash on area transition: reported
    #44: Font size: fixed in 2012
    #45: Final Save: normal except that end-game movie doesn't always play. (reported)
    #46: Feature to replay movies from main menu: Feature request, reported
    #47: Feature to split the item/spell UI to show the item/spell description in a separate area when the item is touched, reported
    #48: Feature to support rotating party formation with touch interface, reported
    #49: Occasional crash when loading save game (especially after death), previously reported

(19-Feb, added 49)
    (1-Feb, updated 37, added 47 & 48)
    Post edited by Cerevant on
    edited January 2013
    #37: Music in menu: can't reproduce in 2012
    It has not been fixed. Tap Single Player, tap Load Game, tap Cancel et voila

UPDATE: Seriously, how bloody hard can tapping four buttons be?

Post edited by iKrivetko on
    Odd, I just tried it in 4 different areas and it worked fine. Can you create a new thread to discuss this? Include the area you are able to reproduce this with, and @ me.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @Cerevant jeez, now that's a pack of bugs.. Have you submitted it to devs already?
    I should mention @Avenger_teambg just in case you haven`t (not sure exactly who is responsible for iOS)...
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Anton not me, yikes :D Never seen an iOS.
    Anton
    @Anton all the items that say "reported" have been recorded in Redmine, the developers' bug tracker.

@iKrivetko sorry I misunderstood the problem. I was trying to reproduce this from the game, not from the start screen. I thought you were saying that game area music was stopping. I'll report it.

All: I really do want to discourage discussion about bug details in this thread, and keep it as a reference known issues. Please start a new thread and don't hesitate to @ me so I'll see it. When we've confirmed and isolated the problem, we'll add a post here.

Thanks, and keep the reports coming!
    Anton
  • dwisardwisar Member Posts: 6
    Have just downloaded this for the first time to a new ipad (ipad 5). The graphics are very dark, and when I open the options button the graphics tab is greyed out and not available. Any help welcomed please?
    edited February 2013
    The game is a bit dark (especially at night) but you can turn up the brightness in your iPad general settings. There are no in-game graphic options for iPad.
    @nsr - thanks for the report. This has shown up on the Mac in beta, so it was previously reported. Added it to my list above.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Great news! I've had this since buying the iPad version and was hoping it would be fix since it seems fairly easy to run into. I have also posted another bug:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16218/sometimes-unable-to-select-characters-until-switching-to-another-screen#latest
    @Pallas - are you still seeing the crash issue you reported above with the latest build? If you could try it (back up your saves first) we'd appreciate it.
  • kaalkaal Member Posts: 1
    My game has a problem with NPC's being cloned somewhere on the map. Sometimes I can find them, other times they seem to be hidden somewhere. I'm now at the point that there are so many unseen NPC's (all fighting with each other i might add!) that the game becomes unstable and crashes. At this point, I can't even finish my game.
    @kaal - sadly this is a known issue that the devs have not yet gotten to the bottom of. What I can say is that there are a combination of two factors that cause this problem:
    1) using multiplayer mode, even if just playing alone
    2) having an NPC leave the area to avoid combat, etc

It seems tha both of these factors have been true or likely in every reported case of this cross-platform bug. All Ivan suggest at this point is to start a new game and avoid one of the above.
    edited March 2013
    Tapping a button highlights the version number label (seriously, what the heck?)

Dying in the Black Pits triggers the bg campaign cinematic and takes the player to the bg campaign main menu.
  • Chinese_JetpilotChinese_Jetpilot Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Comment Deleted.
  • model359model359 Member Posts: 4
    Platform: iPad
    Verson: v1.0.2014
    Type: Single player

I found another posting where called shot was not being displayed, but it looks like the issue that player was having was his archer Reputation was too low. That is not the case here:
    L6 Archer

I do not have access to the called shot ability. I knew it worked with a previous version (not sure which one) because I played an archer before. With this current release, I created a new archer and the ability is not presented. I am trying to access it by selecting the star icon on the bottom right of the display while an enemy is in view. Not sure if the enemy is required to display it.

I hope I am posting this in the correct location. I am new to the forum.
    thanks
    I should also add the following:
    Race: Elf
    Neutral Good alignment
    Flag Quote • Insightful Agree Like •

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17183/