Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2012

Comments

• HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    The other bug, flickering action icons, still remain. The red-circled icon as I attached flickers when the character changes his action while pausing the game, e.g., from casting spells to attacking by weapon ( the weapon icon and spell icon show quickly by turns).
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    It is so disappointed to see that itemcost bug has not been fixed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What was the exploit with Single-Weapon Style?
    mtyler11TJ_Hooker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Oxford_Guy[Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thumbs up!
    The list of the fixes is so vast! It was really worthy to wait for this patch.
    The Devil is in the details. It looks like many, even little, bugs in the bugs section of the forum were taken into account (such as Tiax's special ability, Dorn's starting XP and HP or Imp familiar polymorphing to ogre and back). And not only bugs but some difficult questions were resolved by this patch such as a question with an Ankheg Plate Mail.
    And the added roll total to ability screen when creating a new character is just the icing on the cake for me.
    Now it must be clear to everyone that the Devs are the real deal! They make the game better and better!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Headbomb said:

In the changelog, it should be
    * "ogre" and not "orge"
    * "The Vampire's Revenge" and not "The Vampires Revenge"

Lol, you are really looking everywhere :D
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Hoo said:

The door of a house in Friendly arm inn shows wrong animation reverted from opened animation to closed animation, vise versa.

This will be fixed in the next patch (not broken by this patch and already reported).
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2013
    Leronis said:

Please spoil me regarding "Ring of Acuity/Captive Audience". Is that Black Pits?

Ring of Acuity is in the Black Pits. Captive Audience is in Ulgoth's Beard.
    Post edited by Avenger_teambg on
    I like the new font size!
    KirinaldoAnduinPibaroZeckul
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171

Hoo said:

The door of a house in Friendly arm inn shows wrong animation reverted from opened animation to closed animation, vise versa.

This will be fixed in the next patch (not broken by this patch and already reported).
    Do you have some update schedule and you more less know when the next patches are coming (if yes: when you plan to publish next patch) or you just publish it when it's done?
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    First of all: thanks for the update!

- When will it be possible to keep the adjusted zoom level?
    - Concerning the "journal fixes": Will the journal entries only be in the right (chronological) order when I start a new game or has this issue not been addressed yet?
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I was expecting a fix for the lack of audio if you play the game non in english, and a fix for the new NPCs' lack of reactions to reputation and to other situations (day/night, in the city, ecc...)

But anyway that's one big patch, wow you fixed a lot of bugs :)!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Scroll Case Capacity Increased - hurrah! No more micro-managing scroll strorage! :-)
    AristilliusTJ_HookerPibaro
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    I wonder whether the next patch will include some language support, e.g., Japanese (As far as I know the translation works were finished) or not...
    So comments and questions:

* Elven Chain Mail now obtainable

Hurrah! Bards and Fighter/Mages (and Thief/Mages) rejoice!

* Black Lily purchases stolen goods

From Store thefts, I presume?

* Officer Vai will only purchase bandit scalps

Damn, who I else can I sell random stuff to that no one else will buy (e.g. the Idol from the Archaelogical dig) now?

* Archers and Druids may now equip Ankheg Plate Mail

Great - but why not Beastmasters too, then?

* Characters respond appropriately during Obe's Combat tutorial

Great, that was really bugged

* Charmed NPCs will give the player their promised gifts

Nice

* Improved Aldeth's Merchant League quest

How? My main party has just done this, am wondering if it's worth going back to an earlier save now, though

* Quiver/Case of Plenty now give proper damage bonus

Does this mean there are Quivers and Cases of plenty in the game now? There weren't before AFAIK!
    Aristillius

While I agree, the old weight allowance and stack quantity font sizes were too small, can we somehow find a middle ground between:

This: image

and

The new font size is just ungodly huge and unruly.
    Especially the stack quantity

Ugh! Just checked this in my updated game, this looks bizarre! *Way* too big (and fuzzy?). I agree somewhere in-between the old and new size would've been better, hope this is changed

Erghansolomtyler11Parys
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Any info on the performance issues on the iPad?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

* Improved Aldeth's Merchant League quest

How? My main party has just done this, am wondering if it's worth going back to an earlier save now, though

Improved as in bugfixed. You didn't miss anything. :)

* Quiver/Case of Plenty now give proper damage bonus

Does this mean there are Quivers and Cases of plenty in the game now? There weren't before AFAIK!

They're Black Pits items.
    Oxford_Guy
    edited January 2013
    BTW in Shadow Keeper, I can no longer see the Elven Chain mail listed, very strange... Also if you try to use the console to add it in using the previous code (CHAN12.ITM), the game says this item doesn't exist! I'm worried now that somehow it's actually been removed by mistake...
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Wow, that's a huge list of bugfixes. The Enhanced Edition is getting close to being more of an enchancement. Thanks for putting all the hard work in. I must say I were a bit disappointed at launch without saying so as there was so much negativity already on the forum back then, but now the forum has improved again, BGEE is improving and now a bit more patience for WeiDU, SCS and the lot to get updated and I can experience BGEE in it's enhanced form!
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Wow, good job! Thanks. A lot of bugs have been fixed, keep it up.

* Damage notifications change colour depending on type of damage done.

I love it.

* Added roll total to ability screen when creating a new character

A very good thing.

While I agree, the old weight allowance and stack quantity font sizes were too small, can we somehow find a middle ground between:

and

I agree, it was small but now it is really huge... I don't like it.
    Ergmtyler11
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Wow, amazing work.

I'm happy one suggestion (stat roll total on character creation) and one bugfix (nymph hair) raised by me were addressed. I feel very important ;)
    Arexmjs
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Anyone know what the UI improvements are?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013

and

I agree, the new font is too big.

However, it is not just the dimension of the font that I dislike, but also the fact that there is no gap anymore between the numbers and the units. The missing gap makes harder and not easier to read the amounts despite the huge font.
    DarKelPOxford_Guymtyler11
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    @decado:

Stat roll total on character creation is a really good idea - well done! ;-) Unfortunately there appears an '< missing string >' error for me (number seems to get displayed correctly).

@Avenger_teambg:

Sorry, got to raise this question again: "Concerning the 'journal fixes': Will the journal entries only be in the right (chronological) order when I start a new game or has this issue not been addressed yet?" Do you have any idea about it?

Btw I agree on the font size, should be in the middle of both solutions, but this is not number one priority stuff fore sure. ;-) Keep up the good work!
    Post edited by DerDuKe on
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Quite neat, new features + large bugfixes, but still no offical dubbing for other language versions than English... Then again I should have seen that coming.

BTW in Shadow Keeper, I can no longer see the Elven Chain mail listed, very strange... Also if you try to use the console to add it in using the previous code (CHAN12.ITM), the game says this item doesn't exist! I'm worried now that somehow it's actually been removed by mistake...

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
This discussion has been closed.