Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2012

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Oxford_Guy

When I said earlier I thought thieves and stalkers should be able to wear it, I meant by the description of their penalty they should be able to.

It's nitpicking and unimportant but I'd love to see the weight of Ankheg increased to 26+ lbs so that it doesn't weigh the same as studded leather.
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    I like the new fonts. I can actually see them. without squinting or getting to close to the screen.
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited January 2013
    The big fonts should be optional, this way everyone happy. And new fonts for digits with high resolution would be better.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited January 2013
    the < item cost > bug is still not being fixed :'(
    but thank you for the new patch, good work :D

EDIT: oops..forgot I need to add space or else the forum would recognize it as a tag
    Post edited by junk11 on
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    junk11 said:

the bug is still not being fixed :'(

Umm, which one?
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Devs, in the next patch, no fonts.

There must only be pictographs - elaborate, hand-drawn, animated, pictographs that can be customized with a sliiiiiiiider in the graphics menu.

I'm thinking of little dancing potion bottles with faces and arms and they hold out a number of fingers that matches the the number of items in a stack, even if it's more than ten. It'll be hard to animate all those teeny, weeny little fingers, but you guys can do it. I believe in you. Just put a sliiiiiiiider in for finger size.

Oh, and there should be a little guy on the pack icon. The size of his muscles needs to correspond directly with the amount of equipment I can carry in my bag, and maybe he starts out with a smiley face, but the more stuff I put in my pack the sadder he becomes, and then when there's too much stuff he just sort of... falls over. Yeah, he falls over. With X's in his eyes. That's the ticket. And maybe the little guy's gender should match the gender of the person whose inventory you're looking in at the time. Or maybe we should be able to toggle the gender with another sliiiiiiiider.

And we should be able to toggle between elaborate pictographs and all other previous iterations of the inventory screen. This will, of course, require another sliiiiiiiider, but as long as you're making three sliiiiiiders, a fourth sliiiiiiiider shouldn't be that much trouble, should it?

Anyway, these are just some ideas for you. I've got a million more, so just let me know if you need more help! :):)

Seriously - thank you for the all of the hard work on this update. I'm gleefully awaiting the opportunity to see the big surprise for myself. BG:EE was a blast even before all the bug fixes and patches and tweaks, and every update just improves the experience.

-Blue
    Lamorackswnmcmlxi
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately this introduced a game killing bug (IMO) involving ranged weapons and bonus attacks per round. I suggest this gets an immediate fix.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14559/ranged-weapon-prof-and-extra-attacks-bugged
    Oxford_GuyParys
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @moopy I was commenting on that just as you posted here.
  • Brygard2012Brygard2012 Member Posts: 11
    * Added roll total to ability screen when creating a new character

Thank you thank you thank you for this!
    Oxford_GuyAristillius
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    moopy said:
    If this was intentended, why wasn't this mentioned in the patch notes? This would be a major change. Also it sounds like Haste is now bugged too.
    moopyTJ_Hooker
  • DalrykDalryk Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    This seems to be affecting thrown weapons as well. My 3 pipped Dart Thrower has gone from 7/2 APR to a flat 3. Given that the whole point of my dart thrower build was to get to 5 (feeble) attacks per round, I don't need to tell you that this sucks donkey balls.

And a quick shadowkeeper edit shows it gets worse! You don't get the extra 1/2 an attack for hitting level 7 nor for getting 5 pips!!! WTF have you bastards done to me???
    Post edited by Dalryk on
    @Oxford_Guy

Good point. That would obviously be in the patch notes.

@Dalryk

I know you are upset but it isn't as if they did this on purpose :P
    And calling them idiots isn't going to encourage them
    I'm sure haste and any other APR issues that aren't intended will be resolved as soon as possible.

Until then can you manually change your APR in Shadowkeeper to what you need?
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    After applying the patch and seeing the new fonts there was a WTF moment !
    I thought they couldn't screw up worse than the blueish interface and the new horrible spell book design but here we go.

Evolution of art direction: BG1 > BG2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> BG:EE

I like the UI artwork /interface like this BG:EE > BG2 > BG1

:D
    ZanianAristillius
    I don't doubt there's a majority nowadays that likes the new direction of computer games. We're living in the Golden Age of Mediocrity.
    mtyler11
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Does this include a fix for Kagain's journal entry? Does his quest actually finish now when he decides to abandon it?
    Or the majority might not be wearing nostalgia glasses.

Because I just loaded up BG1 the other day to test some things and Lol.

Parcer interface games had the best UI of all you are totally right.
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    TJ_Hooker said:

junk11 said:

the bug is still not being fixed :'(

Umm, which one?
    the < item cost > bug for non-english locale windows
    forgot the xml tag issue with the forum..lol
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    Don't know if it was already commented/mentioned but did they fix the doubleclick to move party members issue? Was not in the bugfix list.

Regards
    Pecca
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    Dafojk said:

Don't know if it was already commented/mentioned but did they fix the doubleclick to move party members issue? Was not in the bugfix list.

Regards

Yeah, fix it please
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2013
    DarKelP said:

Dafojk said:

Regards

Yeah, fix it please
    I'm no programmer and have no experience with creating games or coding. But I get the feeling that this is a bug that they can not fix. I think that because the bug is so obviously an error to the gameplay, that if they could fix it, they would have in patch 1.

Hope i'm wrong of course, but if they can't fix it, it would be great if they just said it. Then it would be easier to just live with it :)
  • Berserk_AlucardBerserk_Alucard Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2013
    I've been away from the forums (and BGEE) for a while, installed this new patch and it still lags when the characters move. Everything else is smooth, but it just moves really slugglishly, especially if spells are involved. Its because I have an Intel integrated chip on my laptop, and I know they are working on a major fix which would have time, but what is the latest news on this?
    Is this patch helping people? My thoughts are; I really wish I could just roll back some of the updates (because it did run well for me a few updates ago) and I think there really needs to be toggle options or sliders in the Game Options screen. Fiddling with the config file is just not how it should be done in my opinion. I'm starting to lose patience, and this will probably influence my decision to buy BG2:EE (despite Baldurs Gate 2 being my favourite game of all time.)
    I'm sorry if this seems negative, I am really impressed with how quickly the team started rolling patches out for the game and I'm really impressed by the consideration of player feedback on certain issues (like the colour coded player circles), I'm just starting to get a tad frustrated with not being able to play the game.
    mtyler11
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Dafojk said:

Regards

I just checked. It isn't fixed. This bug plagues my gameplay since the release, I can't believe it has had no attention yet. I would very much appreciate some info about this.

Also, the new font size is pure madness!!!
    moopy said:

Or the majority might not be wearing nostalgia glasses.

Because I just loaded up BG1 the other day to test some things and Lol.

Parcer interface games had the best UI of all you are totally right.

Yes, this is the "enhanced" edition. Enhanced to the bone. The new art direction is amazing, how can I be so blinded by nostalgia?

I wonder what comedy they will make out of BG 2.

For now I return to playing the original, and I hope that in several months and after couple dozens other patches, this version will be worth playing. For the moment it isn't.

mtyler11
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited January 2013
    Dafojk said:

Regards

Hum... What exacly is the problem? I mean, I double click and it moves the party (as it did in BG1 and BG2) as well as centering the camera on the click spot... (Sorry if it sounds dumb but I don't really have the patience and time to reread everything)

And for my comments about text/number font size, well, I actually like it... I dunno about anyone else but the font was so small before that I had to come closer to my screen each time to see how much "things" I had... Now, I don't have to burn my eyes on the screen anymore! So, put it as an option might have been better but I personally like it!
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    Vortaka said:

Dafojk said:

Regards

Hum... What exacly is the problem? I mean, I double click and it moves the party (as it did in BG1 and BG2) as well as centering the camera on the click spot... (Sorry if it sounds dumb but I don't really have the patience and time to reread everything)
    The bug is that party members sometimes don't respond to the first command and I have to click again. It is annoying as hell.
    Oxford_Guy
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    Hum... Well, I'll keep that in mind (and report it) but I don't think it ever happened to me...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Vortaka said:

Hum... Well, I'll keep that in mind (and report it) but I don't think it ever happened to me...

It happens to me a lot :-(
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    RE: the double-click bug: based on my experience using right-click to move eliminates this problem. It can be a little annoying because right-click doesn't work for anything else, so you have to get used to alternating between right-click and left-click for issuing orders, but it's a pretty effective work-around for now.

Edit: In case it's not clear, when I say "double-click bug", I mean the bug where party members don't respond to an order to move, and you have to click a second time to get them going.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    Oxford_GuyElectricMonkAristillius
This discussion has been closed.