Skip to content

BGEE was just released on Steam

XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/

For half of the Beamdog price, nonetheless. Enjoy, I guess :)
Post edited by Xzar on
AntonDarkDoggajwzFlashburn

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Not half the price; it's listed at 19.99, which is the same as what's on Beamdog.

Nifty, though.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    Xzar said:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/

For half of the Beamdog price, nonetheless.

It's $19.99 on steam, same as what Beamdog is charging...

Edit: ninja'd
    Edit 2: looks like the price is different depending where you live.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Man i wish i could have gotten it on steam....i download all my games on steam.
    RazorCyricist
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Well, that's good. I had a few buddies who were waiting on that. Should also help out the MP scene when it gets going.
    Quartz
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Yes, I'm from Ukraine just like Anton, and its 11,99 for me. So, almost half the price. Will probably buy it again, once they will have it on -75% sale.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    edited January 2013
    Is there any way to transfer beamdogs save to steam folder and still work.I think im gonna buy this again but would like to keep my save + i like steams offline mode,i like being able to play without the internet being on.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited January 2013
    Anton said:

For me it's $11.99 USD
    Looks like some regional discount for poor countries :D
    #Ukraine

13,99 USD in czech republic :)

edit: hups, it's 13,99EUR, so I guess it's actually right.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2013
    Anton said:

For me it's $11.99 USD
    #Ukraine

Yeah, strange :-)
    399 rubles!!!
    1$ = 30,3399 rubs
    Anton said:

For me it's $11.99 USD
    #Ukraine

Huh, it's $19.99 in Canada.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Ah damnit. Now we'll have a flood of people coming on here asking for everything to be nerfed or "balanced" as they'll put it. I guess all the extra sales will be good for Overhaul though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    PeteAtomsCyricistKouTheMad
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

18,99€ here . LOL

Thank god i bought it on Beamdog, for 17.99 $
    KamigoroshiThe_New_Romance

So what happened to BeamDog being exclusive? If I had known this, I'd have waited one and a half month to get the game on Steam...

Do we get free Steam keys now?

All they ever said was that it was Beamdog exclusive for now (back when they were first addressing the question of where you could get it). When people asked about it being on Steam, they didn't say that it never would be, they just said that they couldn't make any promises that it would.
    AntonQuartz
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    I guess there is no way to get the standalone version into steam? Maybe some virtual key which is connected to one steam account for the ones who already bought it?
    PeteAtomsCyricist
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Excellent, finally!
  • HyddHydd Member Posts: 2
    DerDuKe said:

I guess there is no way to get the standalone version into steam? Maybe some virtual key which is connected to one steam account for the ones who already bought it?

This

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Cyricist
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    steam? another reason not to buy this (not that I actually could, with my download speed)
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    Is there any matchmaking for multiplayer on steam? or will it come at a later date, same time as us faithful beamdog customers? :)
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    DerDuKe said:

Considering Valve didn't get a dime for the Beamdog store version I kinda doubt they will allow it.
    TJ_HookerQuartz
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2013

TJ_Hooker said:

So what happened to BeamDog being exclusive? If I had known this, I'd have waited one and a half month to get the game on Steam...

All they ever said was that it was Beamdog exclusive for now (back when they were first addressing the question of where you could get it). When people asked about it being on Steam, they didn't say that it never would be, they just said that they couldn't make any promises that it would.
    I know, that doesn't change that this release one-and-a-half-month after the initial release is lame. At least keep it exclusive for a moderate amount of time or let gamers who already paid for it play it on their platform of choice.

Maybe - at least that's what I hope - there will be a steam key for the standalone users as well. Would be a nice solution because we can play BG:EE over our favorite platform and at the same time advertise it to our steam friends which will lead to new purchasers. Right?!

Edit @Messi:

Really hope your prediction skills are not on the same level as your football skills!

• DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2013
    I get it.
    The game has no russian and ukranian translation - maybe thats the reason of the discount? :-)

TJ_Hooker said:

I know, that doesn't change that this release one-and-a-half-month after the initial release is lame. At least keep it exclusive for a moderate amount of time or let gamers who already paid for it play it on their platform of choice.

Mmk, I suppose you have a point. I actually forgot how recently it came out, for some reason it feels like it's been months.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Aww, if I knew it would go on Steam, I would've waited. :\
  • BouloxBoulox Member Posts: 3
    Can someone confirm or not if Stand Alone Users will have a Steam Key please ?
  • SnelheidSnelheid Member Posts: 2
    Would love if we could activate the key we bought from Beamdog on Steam. I'd really appreciate if we'd could get access to the key we actually bought from Beamdog... it's not like we are asking for too much, since we payed for the key...
    Cyricist
  • CleaveCleave Member Posts: 32
    edited January 2013
    @Boulox
    Its too early to confirm anything, Trent Oster didn't even say a word about this on his twitter account, so we're kinda just waiting for an official statement, which will likely come later today. I'm hoping.

Edit: Trent just mentionned the deal like 1 min ago... waiting for more info
  • BaldursGateBaldursGate Member Posts: 4
    I agree..please provide us a valid steam key!